Advice-How do you Stay Disciplined???

Ltl Mermaid

<font color=darkorchid>Spreading Disney Magic with
I love food! Sweets, cheese, pasta, and deep fried oreos at the county fair! Now I have always loved food but over the past 6 months I have lost my ability to eat these things in moderation. I don't exactly know when it happened or why, but I know that I am more hungry than I used to be and yet I am eating more (cleaning my plate at restaurants)

I have gained weight (I don't weigh myself but I have gone up from a 6/8 to a solid 10) and (obviously) I am not happy about it. I want to get back down to a 6 or at least 6/8 but am really having trouble being disciplined. My family loves to eat out and bake so that doesn't help but of course if I had enough discipline I would be able to say "no"

How do you do it? If you love food and hate to exercise how do you find the discipline to start and stick with a plan? I keep saying I am going to start today, but then something derails me (yesterday it was a cookie from Marceline's Confectionary....today I have started well but it is only 852am)!

Wish I had some magic words for you but I don't. Here is just my take on it.

You need the DESIRE TO BE SLIM to be greater than the DESIRE TO EAT ___________. (Fill in the blank with whatever the temptation of the day is.)

It pretty much comes down to that. We all face temptations (food-wise) every day and it is our will or DESIRE to eat healthy/get slim that makes or breaks us.

About the "being hungry" aspect.....my guess is that you are more hungry because you have conditioned your body to expect more food. If you start to reduce your food intake and change your food selection, you will experience HUNGER. And sometimes it is frustrating. But as you make better choices and eat less and eat healthier, your body will adjust. Sure, even after 30 months STRAIGHT of WW, I still have moments/hours/days where I am just hungry... a lot. But I get used to it and I try to make good choice about what I am going to eat so that I don't go hungry often. One medium toll house cookie and four apples have the same points on WW... guess which choice would keep me fuller longer?? Guess which choice would keep me from getting hungry later? It is all about good choices. Sure, sometimes I opt for the cookie.... but that's okay... and I have no business complaining if I am hungry an hour later.

Come join us at the BL challenge if you feel inclined!................P

Thank you for the advice! What is the thread you are referring to? I would love to be able to chat with people in the same boat (so to speak).

I did want to ask you (or anyone else that wants to respond) has anyone had any luck with SAFE appetite suppressents or something like Alli? I know there is no miracle drug but something just to help me get started would be great!

I know I am hungry because my stomach has become accustomed to large portions. Now that I am cutting down I have been feeling weak/sickly and am trying to figure out how to avoid that feeling without overeating. You suggestions definitely help and I appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter