Advice, Help, Want to do FE

anamanxs

Mouseketeer
:confused3 I hope this is allowed.

We have started a Cruise meet thread May 2, 2013 on the Dream and are hoping to have an FE group but we are not having a lot of traffic. Any suggestions?

This will be my first Disney Cruise but not new to cruising it's self. We have also commented on FB and CC. So far only two of us
confirmed interested in doing the FE.

Open to any advice or ideas. Thanks in advance. :hug:

Our group was very slow at first. We leave in 2 weeks.:yay: I had booked at over 6 months out and was very excited. It was very disappointing that I only 2 or 3 that were interested. I figured that I would do an FE no matter how few people participated. We closed sign up to new people on January 4th. We ended up with 23 rooms containing 83 people. Keep your spirits up! Your group will probably grow soon!:goodvibes

Thanks for the encouraging thoughts. Glad to here you had several pop in at the last moments. I will do it no matter what, my grandkids first Disney cruise and I want them to experience it all. I did some like this on my grandson's first cruise on another cruise line but the mascot left him a something in the mailbox. He was thrilled.

Wow, lots of activity on the general cruise forum today. I did see a forum for a cruise in April was having the same trouble we are. Some of the comments stated that 3 days have more trouble due to less time. I can totally understand that.

Oh don't worry a bit. Your cruise is still quite a ways out. I just learned about the FE thing today and we booked for March 9th. The closer you get to your sail date, the more people will start doing research and popping on forums.

If you are concerned about your kids having enough surprises in the FE, I would just pack some things to put in there yourself. The kids won't know where they come from. Before the FEs we did Tink gifts. I packed Disney PJs bought on sale from disneystore.com, pens & books, sunglasses, etc all Disney themed. I put the gift in a bag and hung it outside the bathroom near the door for the host each night. He incorporated it into the towel animal that night. The kids didn't give us trouble going back to the room because they wanted to see what Tink had left them. :)

Not every activity that has been planned on a DIS meet group is going to work every cruise. We didn't participate in the FE on the one 3-night cruise we took. There simply wasn't down time for us to do that.

We are booked for a three night and plan to participate. I hope we are not too ambitious with our plans for time but we want to do it all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter