Advice for staying at POR

miller5pack

Earning My Ears
My family and I will be taking our first trip to Disney this May. We will be staying in the alligator bayou section because we have three children. I was wondering what advice and/or tips you have regarding a stay here. What buildings would be the nicest or most convenient? Any information would be great. Thanks.

I think it depends on whats most important to you.

We were just there Jan 4-7 for the marathon and it was the first time we had ever stayed at POR. We were in AB Lodge #16. It was a far walk from the lobby and marina, but since we had a car it worked out great because we could park right by the room. Very convient! We were in room #1638, which had a nice view of trees and such, and around the corner one way was the parking lot (easy to get to) and around the other corner was a pool (very convenient).

It was our first time staying at a Moderate and we loved it! We loved the theming of AB, the rustic furniture and all. It was lovely in the evenings, as the back part of the resort (where we were) was very quiet and you could stroll around and enjoy the peace.

Thanks for your replies. We will be flying and using WDW transportation so we would want something convenient to the bus stops. I think we would like to be near the general store as well. I was looking at the map and thought maybe 14 or 18 didn't look bad. They were both near the lobby and not far from a pool. Any more info on POR would be great.

We spent five nights at POR last summer. My suggestions:
-Rent a surrey bike. (Not after a big meal, though!) You'll have a blast meeting people as you desperately try not to run over them. (Ahem, not speaking from personal experience on that or anything...:rolleyes1 )
-Go see Bob Jackson's show in the piano bar. He's hysterical and lots of clean fun for a bar performer.
-Walk over (or ride the boat) to POFQ to use their pool and to snag some delicious beignets! Yum yum yum. Send some back to me, would ya?
-As others have said, enjoy the restful ambience of the resort. It's a lovely place!
Have a magical trip!:)

We were in AB Lodge #16. It was a far walk from the lobby and marina, .

We have stayed the past two visits at POR. The first visit in building #28 AB section and the last visit in magnolia terrace. The resort is huge, so you are pretty lucky if you can get AB 16 or closer. Having said that the walk is only 5-7 minutes once you get your bearings. That's nothing compared to the rest of the walking you will do at disney!

We spent five nights at POR last summer. My suggestions:
-Rent a surrey bike. (Not after a big meal, though!) You'll have a blast meeting people as you desperately try not to run over them. (Ahem, not speaking from personal experience on that or anything...:rolleyes1 )
-Go see Bob Jackson's show in the piano bar. He's hysterical and lots of clean fun for a bar performer.
-Walk over (or ride the boat) to POFQ to use their pool and to snag some delicious beignets! Yum yum yum. Send some back to me, would ya?
-As others have said, enjoy the restful ambience of the resort. It's a lovely place!
Have a magical trip!:)

I couldn't have said it better myself! Building 14 and 15 are the closest to the main building. As others have posted, once you know your way around, nothing is more than 5 minutes away.

We stayted at POR last week adn alos on our Honeymoon 8 years ago and loved it both time. The 1st time we stayed in the Magnolia section and took the bus fromt he south depot( i think) this time we were in AB #26 and half way thru our stay we figured out some short cuts but the west depot was right around the corner so most days we did not have to hike up to the front. PLus getting on the busses in hte back of the resort we werea ble to get a seat, thye pick up at the main depot up front last!! I agree once you know your way around nothing is more than a 5 minute walk away!!

We just got back from POR, Building 1800 is close to the quiet pool, but 1400 is closer to the food court and not too close to the parking lot. If you go for the lounge show, it is very good, but a beer is almost $7 and I had a medori sour that was $7. Not anything oversized either. Buy a mug if you are there very long, much cheaper than paying each time you go through the line. They accepted the Disney Dining Experience card in the food court for 20% off. If you drink a lot of milk, it's cheaper to buy it in the store than the food court. The carraige rides are great, up to 4 people for $35. We did see 4 adults with 2 little kids in one though. Make ressies ahead of time, they were turning walk ups away. I would make one for after dark, it is much prettier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter