Advice for Spring 2016 dates? :)

vault19dweller

Mouseketeer
'ello everyone.

So, after 3 trips to DLR and one to WDW, I've been needing to not-miss the Diamond celebrations, so was so happy to hear they're on till September 2016!

Been looking at months that could work (Jan/Feb too soon for my work leave, not a fan of summer, so was thinking Spring?)

Had been contemplating the last week of April and first week of May (planning the 10 day passes and taking it easy / popping in when crowds are lower and taking breaks at peak times)

But, then I noticed the Dapper Day, Cinco De Mayo and the Tink Half Marathon are all in the first week of May which has now made me question crowd levels for that week :scared:
(PS: massive shout out for the 2016 calendar of events thread, so helpful!!!!)

I've also never been in Spring, so really not sure what to expect :worried:

Should I still stick with last week of April + first week of May, or move it to the 2 last weeks of April instead?

I was going to say that the Tink Half Marathon is Mother's Day (because I'll be there! Yippee!) but I see you already know that.

I think everyone has a different comfort level so what might be a busy day for you might not be for me. I've been in April, July, and December - Spring Break, 4th of July, and Christmas Eve - and none of them felt too busy for me.

That said, I do think the Unofficial Guide can't be beat.

I'm glad you found the 2016 Calendar thread helpful! :goodvibes

Marathons tend to increase crowds from about Thursday through Sunday of that week. Touring Plans claims that the average length of lines for attractions aren't really longer, but most of us that have been there on a marathon weekend feel that the parks are more crowded. Dapper Days are popular, so they are also likely to drive up attendance during that weekend. I don't think Cinco de Mayo really impacts the parks (DLR doesn't really do a lot for it).

If low crowds are your biggest priority, then I would probably consider looking into the last two weeks in April. At this point, we don't really know if other events will be added that might increase attendance, but overall, I think you should be okay on the weekdays (Mon to Fri afternoon) and then see an increase in crowds for the weekends (Fri evening through Sunday). It's worth noting at that time of year, fireworks is usually only presented on weekends (Fri to Sun). We don't know if that will be the case next year given the popularity and newness of Disneyland Forever, but it's something to consider. We also don't know if PtN will be nightly or only on weekends. WoC should be nightly. F! will be dark for much/all of 2016.

Awesome, thank you so much for your helpful responses! :flower3:

Is so good to get a perspective from people who have been there and know those events and the general atmosphere / how busy it feels ^_^

I think low crowds are definitely a priority for us, so will look at the last 2 weeks of April instead - I mean its still so far out I've not locked anything in; was just brainstorming at the moment (and dreaming of being there again :cloud9: )
Totally get that because it is so far out we wont know what other closures will be added, but will just keep an eye on it and stay flexible! (as much as I can, I'm such a planner)

I was planning on staying a while, so even if fireworks and/or PtN are weekends only I can make a trip in for those - don't want to miss 'em!
Am a little sad that F! and Aladdin will be down but at least I've seen those a few times, I think my biggest thing is really trying to see some of the Diamond celebration stuff before it goes away (Forever fireworks, merchandise, PtN, castle with diamonds, new WoC, Mad T Party, etc)

Even thinking about it makes me so happy! :lovestruc

Truthfully, I think both PtN and Disneyland Forever fireworks will last well beyond the end of the 60th celebration. The 50th anniversary show (Rememeber Dreams Come True) was presented until last year and both of the current parades have been around for several years. I think some form of Mad T Party will also last. I'm less sure if the new version of WoC will last as long (it's getting lukewarm reviews), but some form of WoC will be around for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter