Advice for on line system...

hart6066

DIS Veteran
I know it's been said before, but when you put your most important/meaningful res into the cart (meaning CRT, Akershus, CM) do an immediate check out, before you do all the rest of your res. I was up at 3am today, couldn't believe I got everything I wanted at basically the exact times, including CRT, CM, Le Cellier and all over New Year's. After I had all 6 res in the cart, I went to check out, and it told me that there was a problem and not all res went through. Which were the only 2 not to go through--CRT and NYE Chef Mickey's!!! Those are the ones the kids really want, so I went back and did it again, but had to try about 4 times to get it to go through. Finally did CRT by itself and then CM by itself. All worked out, but I'd suggest any that are really hard to get or super important, best to just do it one at a time to be sure.

One more note--I had a hard time getting the CRT to go through after putting in my credit card number. I won't be charged because of DDP, but I did need to enter card. After 3rd try, I just went ahead and put in a different card, and it went right through--who knows?

Good luck!

I know it's been said before, but when you put your most important/meaningful res into the cart (meaning CRT, Akershus, CM) do an immediate check out, before you do all the rest of your res. I was up at 3am today, couldn't believe I got everything I wanted at basically the exact times, including CRT, CM, Le Cellier and all over New Year's. After I had all 6 res in the cart, I went to check out, and it told me that there was a problem and not all res went through. Which were the only 2 not to go through--CRT and NYE Chef Mickey's!!! Those are the ones the kids really want, so I went back and did it again, but had to try about 4 times to get it to go through. Finally did CRT by itself and then CM by itself. All worked out, but I'd suggest any that are really hard to get or super important, best to just do it one at a time to be sure.

One more note--I had a hard time getting the CRT to go through after putting in my credit card number. I won't be charged because of DDP, but I did need to enter card. After 3rd try, I just went ahead and put in a different card, and it went right through--who knows?

Good luck!

I actually set up eight tabs (the number of ADRs I needed) and put one restaurant on each tab ahead of time so that I could just go through and do an immediate checkout one after the other.

Hope this helps someone! :)I still did not get one of my ADRs but I am going to keep trying for it! :)

koolaidmoms, you were actually able to set up each restaurant as a separate tab? Did you have your ressie associated with each one? Did it let you login on that many separate windows? Just got NYE accomplished now I'm worrying about Easter... This advice is very useful.

Good luck!

Be sure to carefully check your statements-with all the problems you had, you may find you were charged for CRT.

I logged on at 3am also. Put them all in my cart and had the same problem. I did get CRT and CM but at much later times than I originally had. This is definitely good advice because I would have done them one at a time had I known.

I lost several reservations after they were in my saved box. I also got different reservations in the saved box a few times other than which I selected.

My last problem is that the system wouldn't let me book more than 10 reservations even after I signed out and resigned in. It wouldn't disconnect from the previous ones.
All little glitches in the system that are aggravating especially at 3 to 5AM.:confused3:surfweb::surfweb:

I had heard here on the boards that the on line system opened at 3am eastern time--that's what I did and it worked, but it sounds like system is very unpredictable.

How do you figure out what time you can book online? Thanks!
It opened at 3am ET today, but by about 3.15am it stopped working for me and kept giving error messages....

My top tip is to check-out each restaurant one at a time. I added about 7 to my cart then lost them all and had to start over :sad2:

I was up this morning at 3am also and ran into some of the same issues. When I tried to book CRT with my other reservations, i would get an error. So I had to book everything seperately. I also had to put in a credit card to book CRT, now i know to keep a look out to see if im getting charged.

For the most part, on-line ADR's were super simple and I was able to get all 3 of my ADR's within an half hour of my desired times.

Online ADRs do indeed open at 3 AM EST - I'm living proof. And I'm also one of the few people, apparently, who had no trouble booking everything without a glitch. But that was nearly two weeks ago, and things seem to have gone downhill since

koolaidmoms, you were actually able to set up each restaurant as a separate tab? Did you have your ressie associated with each one? Did it let you login on that many separate windows? Just got NYE accomplished now I'm worrying about Easter... This advice is very useful.

I went in and opened the tabs and got each tab ready to go. I could get to the page where you put in the date, time and number of guests, which I did. Then I kept checking to see if it was go time. When it was I hit the Check Availability buttons one after the other on each tab.

I went back to the first one and either accepted the reservation or chose another one then entered the little words at the bottom for security. Once you accept the reservation you have 20 minutes as long as you leave the window open or 2 hours if you continue using the site. I went through each one and was back to the first one in less than 10 minutes to finish checking out.

I have 9 separate reservations. I made sure to print each sheet with the numbers and I have them listed with my itinerary just in case.

I think this is what you were asking about. :)

Practice a day or so before so you know how to retrieve your reservation, what phone number it is linked to, etc. It will let you retrieve it, you just won't show any days available to book over 89 days out.

Practice a day or so before so you know how to retrieve your reservation, what phone number it is linked to, etc. It will let you retrieve it, you just won't show any days available to book over 89 days out.

When I got to the dining page to retrieve my reservation it isn't asking me for a phone number. But I get the error code every time. I go to www.disney.com/dining. Shoule I be going to another site?

It is getting frustrating.

When I got to the dining page to retrieve my reservation it isn't asking me for a phone number. But I get the error code every time. I go to www.disney.com/dining. Shoule I be going to another site?

It is getting frustrating.

If you find out. please let me know! I have been trying to practice - posted about it - got some directions and IT WORKED :cool1: that ONE time...

hasnt since!

The other link posted is http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/restaurants/ (its in the sticky about the Special Links on the Restaurant Board - click that then click on the dining ADR FAQ at the top of this page) None of the links work! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter