Advice for first day

TripletsMom

Earning My Ears
I'm looking for some advice on what to do our first day. Our flight comes in at 11:30am. We're staying at POR. Because we're coming in on a Tuesday, I want to go to Wishes and Spectro at MK. Should we (2 adults and 3 children) plan to go to MK late afternoon and get the kids used to it? Or should we just to for the shows. Also any advice on dinner for that night?

Thanks!::MinnieMo

What type of tickets do you have? Do you want to use up days on park hopper tickets for just a half day? You can see Wishes from outside the park so that would be OK. Maybe try Downtown Disney that afternoon to get into the disney spirit.

Stacey:)

We're coming in at 11:11am too and on a Tuesday as well! I figure we won't be all checked in to FQ until about 1pm. Even then our room may not be ready, but that's ok as Bell Services will hold them. We'll check out the renovations at our favorite resort, if we get our room, we'll check that out too. ::yes:: Usually we go check out another resort we haven't seen yet. Last year we did the monorail resorts. We've also hopped on the boat to DD too. I don't like to waste a day on my tickets if they are a numbered hopper. It's ok if its a UPH or like this time; Annual Passes. It does depend on your passes. Spectro & Wishes are scheduled for at least 2 shows a week; just can't remember the schedule off the top of my head. You could go later in the week if you're going to be there for them. Have fun in whatever you do. Swimming is fun too! You could have dinner at Rainforest Cafe (make ressies when you check in) if you go to DD or if you hang at POR, there's a nice sitdown right at POR.

I'd go to the Magic Kingdom. I can't imagine getting there that early and not going to a park.

I'd pick Chef Mickey's or Ohana's for dinner.

Our flight came in around 10:30am, and by the time we had lunch and were checked in, it was close to 12:30. My kids were exhausted. I would suggest hanging around the resort, resting , and maybe going to Chef Mickey's for dinner. That way your kids can save their energy for the next full day.

That's about the same time we will arrive...this is what we have planned:

Drop of luggage at Resort
Do downtown disney for a couple of hours (get in Disney Spirit)
Swim/relax at Resort
PS at O'Hana's around firework time.
Fireworks at Poly beach (with speciality drink in hand)
Back to Resort for night dip & bed.

When we have an early flight to WDW, I find I get hardly any sleep the night before. I also don't get to sleep on the plane. By the time we get to MCO, and get the luggage & rental car, then get to WDW, its usually lunch time. We check in and/or get rid of the luggage, then head to the AS food court for lunch (that's where we always stay). We settle in to the room, put on the tube, talk a bit and relax. The I start getting fidgety and attempt to convince DH to go to MK (just to walk through the castle, maybe the parade) and then out to dinner, hopefully at Baskerville's if we have a coupon. We have used APs the past few years, so going to the park for a few hours is not an issue.
Unless you are really energetic and get rest the night before, no matter what time you get to WDW, you will need some time to unwind before hitting the parks.

On our first day our flight was an early one (6:50 AM) from Philly. We landed around 9:00 AM but by the time we got our luggage and rental car then drove to AKL and checked in it was around 12:00. We decided to go to Epcot since it is opened the latest, we had a snack around 1:00 and had an early 4:00 dinner at San Angel Inn with no wait. We stuck around until closing and watched Illuminations. We were tired but it was such a great day!

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the replies. I have the UPH tickets. I originally thought I would hang out at the hotel and do Chef Mickeys for dinner. Then I realized that I would rather do Wishes and Spectro on a Tuesday instead of Saturday. So I was thinking that we should go to MK in late afternoon (since I already have the tickets) and stay for Wishes and Spectro or should I go to Chef Mickeys and break the kids in slowly? I guess my big question, is it worth it to do Spectro and Wishes? My DDs are 5 and are really into the Disney Characters. Thanks for all the info!:wave:

1) Go to the parks !!!
2) With a UPH, you already paid for your admission.
3) To not go would be a waste of money.

It sounds like our travel plans are simular, I am arriving for a short visit on a Tuesday and will be in the World thru Sat. I have found that visiting MK during the week to be much better than the weekends even during peak times. To help you decide double check the calendar of events and find out the park hours, and number of times Spectro and Wishes will be presented. Spectromagic has always been our favorite parade, maybe because we got a sneak preview of it on our first visit in 1996. I love it so much I have a CD with all the music. I can't give you an opinion on Wishes yet, but the video on this board is fantastic, I can't wait to see it in person.

Here is my plan for Tuesday (commando style), check in to POR or leave luggage (arrival time Noon) and go to MK, get FP for Philharmagic (top of my must do list), check out park till ride time or if long. . . catch the monorail to the Poly for lunch at the Kona Cafe. After PH and lunch enjoy shops, rides, etc what ever I can get into till dinner PS at Cape May Cafe, return to MK for Wishes, head back to POR, unpack and bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter