Advice for Finding Rare Characters

JIrish780

Earning My Ears
I'm going to Disneyland for the first time at the end of April, and as a character enthusiast, I'm hoping someone here has some tips for finding some of the more rare characters. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not terribly picky when it comes to who, I figure I'll take what I can get.

My best advice is to have a good idea of what characters you would like to see and stopping by City Hall to see if they will be out that day. They'll place a call and give you a time and a location if there is one.

Agreed, the best way is to ask at City Hall or the end of Main Street on whatever character you want to see.

Of course, the other thing you can do is attend the D23 party in Fantasyland on March 10th, which is purported to have character meet and greet during the party for lots of characters including many that haven't been seen in the park for a while according to the website. That is one reason we are attending.

Good luck with your character hunting! Are there any specific ones you are looking for? I've found many helpful hints about timing and location of specific characters on this board.

I'm a little on the ambitious side, honestly, because I know about the usual spots to find characters, like how lately Baloo is mostly appearing at Goofy's Kitchen these days, or that Mulan and Mushu are starting to show up more in DCA. I'm after, in fishing terms, a real lunker like Grumpy or Robin Hood. The odds might be against me in this regard, but I'll be darned if I don't give this the old college effort.

I'm a little on the ambitious side, honestly, because I know about the usual spots to find characters, like how lately Baloo is mostly appearing at Goofy's Kitchen these days, or that Mulan and Mushu are starting to show up more in DCA. I'm after, in fishing terms, a real lunker like Grumpy or Robin Hood. The odds might be against me in this regard, but I'll be darned if I don't give this the old college effort.

The advice above, for finding the more rare characters, is great advice. As it was explained to me, each day there is a schedule published of who will appear when and where. At City Hall, or anywhere that CMs that have access to a phone, can call for you to check on appearances.

Good luck and have fun!

- Dreams (who got her picture taken with 38 characters in 8 days at WDW :wizard:)

P.S. Welcome to the DISBoards!

The advice above, for finding the more rare characters, is great advice. As it was explained to me, each day there is a schedule published of who will appear when and where. At City Hall, or anywhere that CMs that have access to a phone, can call for you to check on appearances.

Good luck and have fun!

- Dreams (who got her picture taken with 38 characters in 8 days at WDW :wizard:)

P.S. Welcome to the DISBoards!

Sounds like that's the plan, then. Thanks everyone!

... 38 characters. I'd love to see that photo gallery!

Sounds like that's the plan, then. Thanks everyone!

... 38 characters. I'd love to see that photo gallery!

Well.... I don't post photos of me on-line, but the photos are alll of me and:

1-3 Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie
4 Baloo
5-6 Belle, Beast
7 Buzz Lightyear
8 Cinderella (got DH to step into that one since it was a special night)
9-10 Suzy and Perla
11 Daisy Duck (in safari outfit; she took a liking to DH so got one of him with her too)
12 Donald Duck (in safari)
13 Eeyore
14 Maleficent
15 Goofy
16 Captain Hook
17-18 Mr. and Mrs. Incredible
19 Jafar
20 King Louie
21 Piglet (and a priceless shot of Piglet with DH after Piglet got jealous because DH would not take pic with him, but did with Tigger. hehe)
22 Pluto (with DH - hey, we are a dog-loving family!)
23 Pooh
24 Tigger
26 Cruella
27 Frollo
28 Evil Queen
29 Queen of Hearts
30 Snow White
31 Dopey
32 Kenai
33 Lightning McQueen
34 Mater
35 Fairy Godmother
36 Mickey (in safari)
37 Sorcerer Mickey

Half-cheat
38 Minnie (taken 3 inches from me, but I'm not in the picture)

And the 2 that got away, again, and again, and again: Chip and Dale
I was in line to get a photo with them 4, yes, 4 times during our trip and never got a photo with them. Grrrr. hahahaha! (Grrr)

Again, this was at WDW, 8 days, and a serious commitment to get them. And these are just from photo opps and character meals. We have many more in pictures from parades and shows.

Have fun!

- Dreams

ETA: Here's a few shots without us in them:

DSC01553.jpg

DSC00504.jpg

DSC00762.jpg

On our last trip during October, we decided to eat at Minnie and Friends breakfast in the hopes that we would meet some of the more rare characters that we hadn't seen so far. We we lucky to get 10 characters that day, including Daisy Duck, White Rabbit (from Alice in Wonderland), and Rabbit (from Winnie the Pooh). :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter