Advice for DL/USH 1st week of sept

nefer

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!!

The family has decided to take a trip to DL and USH (for Harry Potter :D) from Aug 31-Sept 4. I've been to DL a few times but not over a holiday long weekend and am wondering about the crowds? Also have never done USH but we HAVE to go to Potter and get Butterbeer :D

My dilemma is when to do which park? I've read a few trip reports :)

And as an aside - we're a group of 5 adults with 2 vegetarians. Any advice on where to eat would be much appreciated!

Cheers!

That is a race weekend at DL and the last week of the 60th. It will be extremely crowded. I'd go there first to try to get as much done before the race crowds and people going catch the end of the 60th really build up. Almost every place at DLR has at least one vegetarian item on the menu (Harbour Galley is the one that I think currently doesn't). Read menus online to get an idea of that you can order. Most of the burger places have a veggie burger that might not be on the printed menu. Hungry Bear is the one that doesn't have it on the menu, and Smokejumper's night not, but the both have them.

Thanks for the reply - sorry it took me so long to respond, I've been madly writing papers!
Gosh I didn't realise that would be the last weekend of the 60th anniversary. Will be crazy and hopefully fun!

And thanks so much on the advice on the veggie burgers, it's a big help :)

At USH the potato leek soup is vegetarian (it is at Universal Orlando and they told me it was at USH).

In citywalk there's a Buca di Beppo.

I can't remember what else we ate at USH in July, but we're heading there again tomorrow! Woo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter