Advice for a technopobe!

Looby Loo

Mouseketeer
Want to purchase a new camera for my next, not yet booked, trip to the Mouse.:smickey: However, I am a nightmare when it comes down to technology. Want a good one that can takes pictures from a distance away, one that takes excellent nightshots. One that prevents "user error" would be good too :lmao:

Any recommendations for what I should look for would be great!:thumbsup2

I have a Canon S3 IS camera, it is classed as a bridge camera ie not a compact and not a slr. It is chunkier, however, it does have a 12 x zoom which is fantastic for taking close up shots from far away. It does take good night time photos but you really need a tripod for this type of shot for any camera. It is very easy to use.

It also has a neat button that you can press to take video and you just press it again to turn the function off. This year didn't bother with my video camera just took the S3 and it was perfect.

If you are looking for a compact camera, i can recommend Sony DSC-t100.
It has a 3" LCD screen, 5X optical zoom, minimal shutter delay, and has an excellent firework setting, which got some great shots from Epcot and MK Wishes.Battery life is excellent, I was taking 300+ photos each day and the battery never failed. Also The lens does not protrude from the body, making it about the size of a music cassette case. I got mine from EBay together with a 4Gb card for £240 delivered. The cheapest I found this in Florida was about $520

No matter what camera you have to get good night shots you have to use a tripod or at least rest the camera on a stable surface.

It also helps to know what sort of money you are willing to spend ?

Would be looking at up to £400.... Dont mind if it is a little "clumpy" as long as it's a decent course. Thinking of going on a photography course..

Would be looking at up to £400.... Dont mind if it is a little "clumpy" as long as it's a decent course. Thinking of going on a photography course..

Maybe you need to look an a Digital SLR package, Canon, Nikon both have good cameras in that price bracket

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter