• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advice for a September trip?

jennz

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone -

I'm planning a trip in September for 4 or 5 nights to WDW as a surprise for my husband's 40th birthday, and would LOVE any advice/opinions on my plans! I'm planning on the Caribbean Resort, a friend suggested Martinique, and I was going to get the Deluxe Magic package with 2 options/day, that way he could golf in the afternoons while my daughter and I played! Has anyone used the Deluxe Magic? How's the golf? Tee time availability? Also, one or two other families might join us - do they give adjoining rooms? I read about the Fall Fantasy discounts, but can't find out anything about them - does anyone know what they are or when they'll be announced? Last question...will the resort do anything special for a 40th birthday?

THANKS for all information you can give!!:pinkbounc

Jennifer

Definitely stick with CBR. Aruba is also a nice area. Martinique is close to the food court, but Aruba is more peaceful. Don't believe there are adjoining rooms, but you can be next door neighbors. 12 of us went on a trip together and we requested to be in one room after the other. Let everyone know it's his birthday, otherwise it may not be as special as it could be. My husband and I are going to WDW in Sept. Research the Disney Club Card. Yes, it is $40, but it's worth the money. We saved $25 per night. Have a great trip!!

we just got back from CBR and were in the martinque area
rooms 2220 and 2221 i think and they were connecting rooms,
(it could be room 2222 i cannot remember but 2220 was one)
anyway this way right near a beach with a playground and a
short walk (very close) to the food area, the laundry area, and next to a quiet pool--

it was wonderful have a super trip

Welcome to the Dis jennz! Before you book a package you may want to price everything seperately as often you can save money that way. Check out the discount codes here and also at mousesavers for some better room rates. There is a new Disney club package out that is listed on mousesavers. Enjoy your planning.:D

Sounds like a fun trip!

The disney club specials go through aug 24th, so that won't help for september. The available discounts for the Fall are annual passholder (30%), AAA & regular disney club discounts.

No advice on the wishes, but I have found it is generally cheaper to get a discounted room & pay for the extras as they happen.

You can request rooms that are next to each other by asking for "adjoining" rooms. "Connecting" rooms are the ones that have the door between them

Consider getting a quote from dreams unlimited. They do a great job, and your agent will help you get the best deal for your $$.

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/

Plan for RAIN. We were there Sept 5-9 of last year. It rained every day for about 5-6 hours. I went to Target before our trip and bought cheap ponchos for 99cents. We wore them every day. The good thing about rain is that the crowds are usually down.

I agree with the above poster about pricing everything out. Package deals are not always the best way to go. We have used Dreams Unlimited travel and had a great experience. Our agent worked hard to get us GREAT rates at the Polynesian.

Enjoy your trip!

Just another voice suggesting you price everything out yourself. Before I found this board we did a Disney package and then I was educated by the DIS!!!! Our trips are much cheaper now!

CBR looks really nice. For Sept. I also suggest making sure you have ponchos with you. If you look under the annual weather charts you will see Sept. can be quite rainy and very warm. We've walked around WDW in rain before with ponchos and its not bad and crowds are sparse.

Have fun planning. I actually think its more fun to plan everything out yourself!

Thanks everyone for all the advice! I will price it out separately now, it sounds like it will be a better deal. I hadn't even considered that before! I'll also be getting a getting a quot from dreamsunlimted, that sounds like I'll get a better deal than through Disney, even with the Club membership.

Thanks again - this has been very helpful!

We've made several September trips and I LOVE going at that time of year....but be prepared for some possible disappointments.

First of all, it is hurricane season. We've been lucky and only had one trip with some rainy days. But...none of the days were a "wash out". Be prepared for heat and humidty!!!

Number 2 - the parks will close earlier and there will only be fireworks at the MK on Saturday nights.

Number 3 - the parks will start using this time to do repairs on specific rides, so you may find a ride closed for rehab. This happened to us - Splash Mountain (my favorite) was closed.

On the plus side....the crowds are greatly decreased over the summer months. You won't wait in near the lines!!!

Hope this helps with your planning!

Be prepared for rain like somebody said before me, We were there September 10th to the 17th last year & it rained EVERYDAY, it is also Florida's hurricane season BUT>>>>
If you don't mind a little rain (we did b/c we had our 3 yo with us & My DH hates to get wet) but if you don't mind, the crowds are scarce, we walked right on every ride, we are going back this Nov. I hope my DH & DS don't think we will be able to do that again.... Also try your local Dollar store & buy ALOT of poncho's for everone & bring a few pairs of shoes (wet shoes are NO FUN!) :pinkbounc

A voice in favor of Discovery Magic...

DH and I got it by mistake last year (we booked a package through US Air and definitely DID NOT pay for it... we brought this to the attention of the CM at CSR and were told, "enjoy it"... so we did)

Anyway, we LOVED it!!! I am the type of person who likes to have everything paid for in advance. At the end of a vacation I don't like to have to pull out the plastic (I guess with a little more discipline I could use cash... that's another story entirely!). DH and I are going back in November, and we will most likely purchase Discovery Magic just so I don't fret over what I'm spending every night on dinner...

Just my opinion...

:earsgirl: Erin

mrstlg,

When you buy everything seperately, you can still have everything paid for well in advance of taking your trip. 90% of the time it is cheaper then booking a package.

Also, I've never heard of anyone actually using the Disney.com site to book a package. For some reason, the price is always more. I guess people do it, though.

Definately get a price quote for Fall Fantasy. This is one of the exeptions to packages - it comes out much cheaper than doing everything separately.

For example, we are staying at the YC for 5 nights in Sept. and have a Waterview room booked with UPH's included as part of the Fall Fantasy package. We chose this package without breakfast, by the way. Total price with tax is $1650. I've priced it out separately and can't even come close to this price. I booked it through Dreams Unlimited by the way.

FYI for anyone needing airfare for Aug/Sep trips...Southwest has their friends fly free promo going and I just got round trip airfare for me and hubby from Chicago to Orlando for a complete total of $264.00!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus I booked my sister's family of 5 airfare for a total of 805.00! Now is a good time to book that airfare if its in your budget!

Hey Hulabird -

How did you book the family of 5? I tried to use SW to book our family of 3 and would have to book 2 at friends fly free and then one at the next discount level, which would actually cost MORE for one ticket than the other two combined. Did you do it that way or book a "phantom friend?"

We took our vacation this past september 28th. We had great weather. It was hot and humid but we wanted that to enjoy all the water attractions. It did rain one afternoon. But we just carried on. It was warm so, why hide in the stores when you can get onto the rides. We absolutley loved this time of year. The cms were all great! Take advantage of Disney quest in the evenings if the parks close early. Definetly see FANTASMIC, wow is that show fantastic and we didnt even have to get there hours ahead of time. Just 45 minutes. We got a great package from USAIR where kids were free with each paying adult. Free airfare, free length of stay passes and free in the hotel. It was great!

Golf is great at WDW. September is considered off-season, so rates can be very reasonable. If you get quoted a $100 plus greens fee, ask at what time of day do the green fees drop. Posted rates are $80 plus, but we booked in Sept 2000 and May/June 2002 for 10:00 times on three courses, and the highest fee was $65.

Availability is pretty good at this time of year. By staying on-site, you can make tee-times 90 days in advance of the date your husband wants to play, so it should be a snap...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter