Advice for a seaworld VIP tour

Katyella

Earning My Ears
Hi, I am considering a Seaworld VIP tour for 2A and 2C on 30th August. I have a DC package booked for 4th September but Seaworld are no longer offering the discount of $25 per person with the DC booking.

Is the tour worth doing at the end of August or are the crowds reasonable enough to go round in one day on our own? Is the information and tour route provided by the guides a worthwhile option for thee extra information they give? The info provided on the website, whilst informative, does not give much away about what the guides can offer and the help desk were not much help either.

Any information would be appreciated. party::wave2:

Does anyone have any info on the VIP tours? Has anyone done one recently? I am really keen to get someone else's opinion :confused3

I am interested in this too. dd12 and I are wanting to do this but dd14 and dh think it will be too structured and want to just wing it.

we did the 1/2 day vip tour in dec2011
4 adults 1 child (3yrs old)

it was our first visit to sw and found the tour worth every penny

our guide was very informative. we have early access to the polar express and santa, special seating for shamu, special area to feed the sea lions, priority entry to feed the dolphins, and private session with a naturalist and a penquin and ofcourse a tour of the park with great pointers of what to do and when.

lunch was included as well

would definitely do again and maybe next time we would do the full day version

Wmcyip, thank you so much for your advice. I would have loved to do this but I was getting a bit concerned that there was no-one doing these tours as I couldn't find many reviews anywhere. I have now booked the dine with shamu along with a visit to the blue man group show. Fingers crossed they will be just as much fun. X

There are different types of VIP tours you can take. A general VIP includes 12 people, so you will be with other guests as well. If you are a first time visitor it is well worth the extra and a very good value. You get quick queue, which is about $25 and all day dining, which is somewhere around $35. You also get reserved, center seating at three of the major shows and a guide who can answer all your questions throughout the day. You feed sealions, dolphins and stingrays, which is 5-7 each without the tour. I would suggest going early or planning on staying late to do rides if you go for this option if you want to ride rides or do extra exhibits, since you don't do rides on this tour.

There are also private VIP tours where your party alone is guided through the park, attend 2 shows with reserve seating, ride rides, touch a shark and have lunch at sharks underwater grill. you also feed all the animals. there are also family fun tours for younger kids, etc. Call the reservations desk if you have more questions about specifics, as they are always willing to help!

My husband and I did the all day VIP tour in Jan 2012, not the private one. We thought it was very good, especially the seats at the show. Go early and check in. The band they give you is good for food and quick queue (ride priority line) both before and after your tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter