Advice for a Memories Wedding

belle24

Mouseketeer
Hi Guys,

My fiancee and I are playing with the idea of doing the memories wedding in Disney World in September 2016, would just be us, my parents and his parents.

Now with the memories I understand there is no reception included so I was looking for advice as to what to do afterwards?
What have other people done?
We were maybe thinking of going for a meal at either Artist Point of California Grill? We would still be in our wedding attire so is this allowed?
After the meal we are most likely going to do the Wishes Fireworks Cruise so would still be in our wedding attire for that also.
Any advice and ideas would be great as there really is not much information around for the Memories package. Also we would want to order a Wedding cake seperate, nothing too big, would we do cutting the cake in the restaurant and would the restaurant be ok with this? We would have a photographer with us all day so they would be there also to take pictures.

Again any ideas etc would be great!!

After my memories wedding in may we went over to the boardwalk in our wedding attire and took some pictures and then had lunch (we had an 11am ceremony) at big river grill and brewery. We didnt order a cake so I dont have any info on that for you, sorry!

You can dine in any restaurant outside of the theme parks in your wedding attire. I believe you can wear your wedding attire on the fireworks cruises as well (husband and I went on one after our vow renewal but we changed into casual clothes for comfort, I didn't want to climb into a boat with my train).
This thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3261922 has lots of information about ordering cakes from Disney and how to get one at your restaurant. There are also some local places in Orlando which can make you a cake, but I think they can only deliver to your resort (someone else can chime in about that).
Also, someone else would have to chime in about professional photographers inside the restaurants, I'm not sure if that part would be allowed (I can't see why not, but you never know.)

Thank you for your replies. There just does not seem to be very much information available on the disney site for the wedding packages etc and when i requested information etc to be sent to me it would not allow as im in the UK.
when i emailed someone to ask etc the said to contact them 6 month before which would be March 2016!

What about booking our stay at WDW ?? I was looking to do that asap but how will I know what date i can get married on to book our stay around it??!
Also are the honeymoon packages any good/available for UK brides??

Any further info/experience from brides would be great thank you! :)

Welcome!

Thank you for your replies. There just does not seem to be very much information available on the disney site for the wedding packages etc and when i requested information etc to be sent to me it would not allow as im in the UK.

You can listen to a bunch of podcast episodes about Memories weddings, including an overview show that covers all the requirements and details, here: http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/category/walt-disney-world/memories-collection/

What about booking our stay at WDW ?? I was looking to do that asap but how will I know what date i can get married on to book our stay around it??!

As long as you're requesting a date that falls on one of the days they offer Memories events, you should be fine to base your vacation around the specific day you want. There is not a lot of demand for these.

Also are the honeymoon packages any good/available for UK brides??

They don't even have honeymoon packages for US brides. :rolleyes2 The website is very misleading in that way. The closest things they have are the top-tier Magic Your Way Premium and Platinum packages, which are open to all and include more extra activities and experiences than you could ever possibly hope to cram into your trip, at a high price.

Welcome!

You can listen to a bunch of podcast episodes about Memories weddings, including an overview show that covers all the requirements and details, here: http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/category/walt-disney-world/memories-collection/

As long as you're requesting a date that falls on one of the days they offer Memories events, you should be fine to base your vacation around the specific day you want. There is not a lot of demand for these.

They don't even have honeymoon packages for US brides. :rolleyes2 The website is very misleading in that way. The closest things they have are the top-tier Magic Your Way Premium and Platinum packages, which are open to all and include more extra activities and experiences than you could ever possibly hope to cram into your trip, at a high price.

Ok brilliant thank you so much for answers.
Am i right in thinking I can chose any day Monday to Friday for a Memories wedding? Thanks! :)

Memories events are actually only held Friday——Monday, at 9am, 11am, 1pm and 3pm. But I have heard of them doing other days by request, so it never hurts to ask.

Last edited:

Ok so only Monday and Friday? I'm not too worried about getting married on a certain day just trying to work out days for staying there.
We are thinking of getting married in Wilderness Lodge, is it best to stay where we are getting married for ease? Am probably then hoping to move to AKL for 2 nights after as I've always wanted to stay there! :)

If I booked all 3 rooms under one reservation how easy is it to have cakes delivered to those rooms for parents as a thank you gift?

Ok so only Monday and Friday?

Friday through Monday, so Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

We are thinking of getting married in Wilderness Lodge, is it best to stay where we are getting married for ease? Am probably then hoping to move to AKL for 2 nights after as I've always wanted to stay there! :)

Sounds fun! If it were me I'd stay where the ceremony was, though you do have the option of the limo.

If I booked all 3 rooms under one reservation how easy is it to have cakes delivered to those rooms for parents as a thank you gift?

As long as you are checked in, you can have a cake delivered to the rooms whether there's somebody in them or not. However, billing could get tricky if they charge the cakes to the rooms and you're not paying all three hotel bills. They will take your credit card, but sometimes they forget and bill the room...

Friday through Monday, so Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Sounds fun! If it were me I'd stay where the ceremony was, though you do have the option of the limo.

As long as you are checked in, you can have a cake delivered to the rooms whether there's somebody in them or not. However, billing could get tricky if they charge the cakes to the rooms and you're not paying all three hotel bills. They will take your credit card, but sometimes they forget and bill the room...

Ah brill so I can fingers crossed get married on the day we have originally planned !! September 10th 2016! Still seems like so far off though :( but I am sure will come quick!

We were thinking of not having the limo and having the inroom treat instead. I dont think we would get use out of the limo at all, especially if we stay at wilderness lodge as well.

planning stations!!

I had my memories wedding earlier this month!

We had a 3pm ceremony on Monday at Wilderness Lodge. We chose to have the in-room surprise as well but my parents paid to add on the limo ride $300 as we were staying at OKW and departing from your wedding in a mini van with 5 other people is a little less than magical :rotfl:

Then we went to the Boardwalk and had dinner at the Big River Grille. We had a small cake ordered at the bakery down there, went and picked it up, and they stored it in the kitchen for us until we were ready to eat it.

We changed out of our wedding attire before going because we wanted to be comfortable.

Then after dinner we walked over to Epcot for the DFWF and watched Sugar Ray at the 8:30 Eat to the Beat Concert and stayed for Illuminations which was a super magical ending to a super magical day!

Hope that helps! :)

I had my memories wedding earlier this month!

We had a 3pm ceremony on Monday at Wilderness Lodge. We chose to have the in-room surprise as well but my parents paid to add on the limo ride $300 as we were staying at OKW and departing from your wedding in a mini van with 5 other people is a little less than magical :rotfl:

Then we went to the Boardwalk and had dinner at the Big River Grille. We had a small cake ordered at the bakery down there, went and picked it up, and they stored it in the kitchen for us until we were ready to eat it.

We changed out of our wedding attire before going because we wanted to be comfortable.

Then after dinner we walked over to Epcot for the DFWF and watched Sugar Ray at the 8:30 Eat to the Beat Concert and stayed for Illuminations which was a super magical ending to a super magical day!

Hope that helps! :)

Aww sounds amazing!! I am pretty much set 99% sure i want to do this! :) and im sure when we go out in March it will tip it over to 100% as we will see it all in the flesh!!

Do you have any pictures? i would love to see up to date pictures of a real wedding etc at wilderness lodge :)
Did you have the disney photographer or hire an outside one? How was that?

Thank you! :goodvibes

Aww sounds amazing!! I am pretty much set 99% sure i want to do this! :) and im sure when we go out in March it will tip it over to 100% as we will see it all in the flesh!!

Do you have any pictures? i would love to see up to date pictures of a real wedding etc at wilderness lodge :)
Did you have the disney photographer or hire an outside one? How was that?

Thank you! :goodvibes

I don't have any pictures! We haven't gotten them back yet.

We had a disney photographer and he was WONDERFUL! He was super funny and laid back and gave us advice for our other shoots later in the week (we did the sessions in the parks too).

The only thing I will say is that right now they're doing construction at the Wilderness Lodge at the pool area which just so happens to be right where Sunrise Terrace overlooks! :sad1: But it was still really pretty and there are other places that we went and took pictures at around the Lodge to avoid the construction. And our wedding coordinator made them STOP the construction for the duration of the ceremony so that we didn't have construction noise behind us. Talk about Disney magic!!

Hopefully by the time you're there they'll be done with all the construction.

Love to hear how your plans are coming along. Im looking for a memories ceremony in September too and looking for ideas on how to fill out the day

Hi Guys,

My fiancee and I are playing with the idea of doing the memories wedding in Disney World in September 2016, would just be us, my parents and his parents.

Now with the memories I understand there is no reception included so I was looking for advice as to what to do afterwards?
What have other people done?
We were maybe thinking of going for a meal at either Artist Point of California Grill? We would still be in our wedding attire so is this allowed?
After the meal we are most likely going to do the Wishes Fireworks Cruise so would still be in our wedding attire for that also.
Any advice and ideas would be great as there really is not much information around for the Memories package. Also we would want to order a Wedding cake seperate, nothing too big, would we do cutting the cake in the restaurant and would the restaurant be ok with this? We would have a photographer with us all day so they would be there also to take pictures.

Again any ideas etc would be great!!
Hi! I'm new to the Disney forum & I'm looking through a lot of posts...both new & old! This one has been especially fun to read. My husband & I are looking into possibly doing a Memories vow renewal for our 20th anniversary.

Hi! I'm new to the Disney forum & I'm looking through a lot of posts...both new & old! This one has been especially fun to read. My husband & I are looking into possibly doing a Memories vow renewal for our 20th anniversary.
We were just married at the Poly a few weeks ago and would be glad to answer as many questions for you as I can! I feel like I "owe" the boards that since I stalked it nonstop before our wedding! Please listen to Carrie's podcast...they are SO helpful!

I've thought about eloping at WDW and doing a Memories package. One thing I've thought about is a Wishes cruise the night of the wedding. It would be just us and my kids.

Hi, can I pick your brain about something?

We're having a 2017 memories wedding. What else did you have to organise for yours? Like the officiant etc

Super worried I'll just forget something important like that :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter