Advice for 1st Timers - One Day At MK

nym4588

Mouseketeer
My friend, along with her family, will be spending March 7th (Thursday) at Magic Kingdom. The family consists of five adults and one six year old. None of them have been to WDW. Aside from spending some time at DTD, this will be the only theme park they visit.

I'm trying to plan out an itinerary for them. I've stressed to my friend the importance of arriving before rope drop along with the suggestion of heading straight to Peter Pan (ETWB isn't of interest to them). I know that Fantasyland is definitely the place to be at opening.

They'll want to stay until park closing so I thought a table service lunch would give them a nice midday break. Her family would like to see characters so I booked Crystal Palace at 2:10.

Basically, I don't want to pack too much into the day because the last thing I want is for them to be stressed and overwhelmed. Does anyone have any tips or advice?

This is pretty much what I've come up with:

Get there early.

Fantasyland.

Lunch.

DOLE WHIP.

:)

I think you nailed it. :thumbsup2

The only other thing I would maybe add is some tips on which rides typically have the longest lines and tell them to grab a times guide to get show times.

I wouldn't burden them with too much on a single day.

Thanks for your input!

Honestly, planning Disney trips for people is something that I love to do. It's just that I usually have more than one day to work with!

I am giving her my 2013 Unofficial Guide along with a park map (from the MVMCP I went to in December but hey, it works). I figure that getting familiar with the MK layout in advance will give them a leg up from the get go!

I'm hoping they might have some time to exit the park for a quick monorail ride. That's just part of the Disney experience! pixiedust:

I think I'd tell them to pick the rides they don't want to miss & give them advice on the best way to fit them all in, then tips on what to do if they have extra time. Any chance they could do a pre park opening breakfast at CP or Chef Mickeys? More park time!!! :)

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

Taking grandson 6 year old for a 4.5 day visit in March, staying on grounds so going to each park same day as extended hours shows. Any suggestions on which rides first for each park would be appreciated! Have our meals all planned as we bought the dining plan. Haven't been there for 20 years! Thanks

Taking grandson 6 year old for a 4.5 day visit in March, staying on grounds so going to each park same day as extended hours shows. Any suggestions on which rides first for each park would be appreciated! Have our meals all planned as we bought the dining plan. Haven't been there for 20 years! Thanks

Here's a good start. Josh mentions which rides to hit first in each park:
http://www.easywdw.com/category/calendar/03-march-2013-crowd-calendar/

Here's one version of a touring plan:
http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showt...ction-Information-amp-Kate-s-Best-Times-Chart

Note: he only has 1 crowd calander for on and off site to share. Early EMH is ok if you are there at the beginning.

TruBlu, I will ask her about a CP breakfast. Seeing the castle when Main St is nearly empty sure would be a great way to see it for the first time!

Merp, I am not sure about the height requirements for the headliners at Animal Kingdom and Epcot. For Disney Hollywood Studios, I would definitely get there for rope drop & head straight for Toy Story Midway Mania.

At Magic Kingdom, go to Fantasyland. If anyone is interested in Enchanted Tales With Belle, head there first. Otherwise, Peter Pan is one that is best to see early.

We always send one person to grab fast passes for one of the busier rides while the rest if us make our way to our first stop. I second doing fantasyland first. We practically walked onto all the rides which would have otherwise taken up a couple of hours during the rest of the day. Got it done in less than an hour, plus met fairy godmother, lady tremaine, and the evil step sisters with no wait because I guess everybody was watching the show in front of the castle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter