Advice for 10 day parking at Chicago O'Hare

VAN

DIS Veteran
Just booked a trip from Chicago O'Hare to Orlando. Since I don't normally fly out of Chicago, I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good parking company. We are flying in Janaury, so covered parking is a plus. Right now, I'm thinking we do not need a hotel for the night, but if that is a cheaper alternative would certainly consider it.

Of course, I want the car to be safe and the cost economical ... but I'd also like a pretty reliable shuttle service ... I don't have much patience with waiting ....

Suggestions?

Do you live in the Chicago area or are you driving in?

A co-worker that lived in Chicago used a car service - they picked her up at home and dropped her right at the check in. She found it was cheaper than parking.

We will be driving in from SW Michigan ... so will be coming on I-94 and then (most likely) connecting to 294 out to O'Hare.

We use the Renaissance Chicago O'Hare hotel. You would have to stay at least one night, or pay for a night, but it works out to less $ than parking directly at O'Hare. The shuttle is very reliable but if you have a really early flight time, check with them to see what time shuttles start. They have a covered parking garage.
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/chibr-renaissance-chicago-ohare-suites-hotel/

We have also used parknjet, as PP mentioned. Their shuttles are also reliable but they stop at a few different hotels so it takes a bit longer than the Renaissance, but it's tolerable. Took us maybe 15 minutes even with stopping at the other hotels. They don't have covered parking.

Thanks for your reponses. I'm still not sure what to do. I've read several of the reviews of these places .... as you would expect, some with great experiences and some not so much.

Has anybody parked in the F Economy lot at O'Hare? I know you have to get a shuttle to the tram, but the current price is listed as $9 (including tax) per day. That would be in line with what the others charge as they seem to all add taxes/fees to the stated per day cost.

As of now, we are not planning on needing a hotel.

Comments re Economy Lot F and their shuttle service?

the F lot is much closer than any park and ride service i have used the shuttle in the winter and its very cold waiting outside for the shuttle to arrive the only shelter from the weather is a bus hut made of plastic for the price i would use the F lot

I've used Park n Jet and have always been impressed by how fast I get picked up after getting out of my car, plus I love not having to drive through the airport itself.

My husband has parked at the Thrifty Car Rental (on Mannheim) near O'Hare. Then he takes their shuttle to the airport.

In fact, we are doing just this on our trip later this month. We'll drop the car off on a Saturday morning and then pick it up a few days later when we return from the World.

It's been a while since he used it but like I said - in the past it has been fine.

We used Blue Sky Parking at Ohare this summer and had a great experience. They have covered parking and an efficient shuttle. All the reviews I checked were great.

I fly out of ORD a lot. I use Pride Parking. Great rates and awesome service. Shuttle drop off and pick up. Right there next to the airport. Drive in the shuttle driver gets your bags loads them for you. I just reserved a spot for an up coming trip. Check them out.

http://www.prideparking.com/

We have always used the remote lot F at O'hare for travel and find it easy, convenient and (relatively) reasonable. It can be cold but we have always managed to get a space close enough to the shuttle station to negate this factor.

Thanks to everyone who responded with suggestions. I will certainly be looking at all the options!

We live in Laporte County Indiana and are flying out of O'hare in December. We are driving up the night before our 7am flight, and are staying at the Chicago Marriott O'hare with Park, Fly, and Ride rate for 138.52 including tax. I also think we will have to pay the $26 parking fee for the night we stay at the hotel. So for less then $170 we get a hotel stay and parking for the week.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter