Advice- drive with rest of family or fly with fussy son?

lovemy3girls

DIS Veteran
Hi! We are leaving for the world in 1 month. Very excited, but having 2nd thoughts about driving from NJ. We have done it before with our 3 daughters, even driven straight though and they were fine. Now a few years add to the picture a 15 month old son who hates the car. So, we are now discussing flying him and I down and letting Daddy and the girls drive down (straight through). We would break even with the flight if we don't stop halfway and pay for a hotel. Which we would HAVE to do if we have the baby with us. The girls will be fine, but I am nervous to let my hubby drive all that way without me. What would you do?

I have to agree with you........I don't think I would want only one adult with three children driving almost 20 hours straight thru. It's way too easy to get tired too fast......especially if your daughters fall asleep along the way and he doesn't have anyone else in the car awake.

No way would I do that drive with only one adult. It just isn't save to drive that long without a break.

I wouldn't let your husband drive that far alone with your daughters, without stopping at least one night. It would be way to easy for him to get tired, and not realize how sleepy he was. And if I were the mom, I would worry about them all of the time.

Nope. Wouldn't do it at all.

You don't say the ages of the girls. So this might apply and might not but what about the bathroom because it will be in a strange place and possibly rest areas and he will not be able to go in..

I'm with those who say it isn't safe. We just did a road trip from Michigan to Maine with 2 adults and our DD15. DH and I switched off frequently for driving and we also did an overnight stop. A tired driver with three children is a recipe for disaster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter