Adventurous 8-year-old on the DDP

ravendas

Earning My Ears
When I asked my DD8 what WS restaurant she wanted me to make an ADR for on our Epcot day, she said "Marrakeesh...because I've never had Moroccan food before!". She's a very adventurous eater (she loves sushi, miso soup w/ seaweed, tofu, quinoa, and jicama), but the kids menu there is just hamburgers, chicken nuggets, and pasta. Could I ask for a child-sized portion of something off the main menu or even use her TS credit for an appetizer for her instead? We're using the DDP, but I wouldn't mind paying a small upcharge OOP as long as I'm not just purchasing another adult meal since she won't eat that much. She could share with us, but then we'd end up with an unused TS credit. :P Suggestions? (And RM is the only restaurant we have this issue with...the rest of our ADRs are buffets where she can partake of the "adult" items or have a better selection on the kids menu.)

No you can't use her credit for an appetizer and I don't think you can order smaller portions from the adult menu either. What about using her TS credit for breakfast and lunch (even if CS, not the best use I know) and pay OOP for her dinner or have her share with you.

No you can't use her credit for an appetizer and I don't think you can order smaller portions from the adult menu either. What about using her TS credit for breakfast and lunch (even if CS, not the best use I know) and pay OOP for her dinner or have her share with you.

That's probably what we'll end up doing. I didn't know you could use a TS credit as CS. Could you use it on snacks? We could use it to snag a breakfast item on our departure day (since we'll probably be out of our planned credits by then).

That's probably what we'll end up doing. I didn't know you could use a TS credit as CS. Could you use it on snacks? We could use it to snag a breakfast item on our departure day (since we'll probably be out of our planned credits by then).

I don't think you can use your TS for snacks. There have been some reports of using CS for snacks (sometimes up to 3), but that varies by CM.

Are you getting the free dining plan?

If yes, bumping your 8 year old up to a 10 year old on your reservation would get her the adult DDP. The cost difference is simply the cost between a child/adult ticket which is pretty minimal ($20ish).

Are you getting the free dining plan?

If yes, bumping your 8 year old up to a 10 year old on your reservation would get her the adult DDP. The cost difference is simply the cost between a child/adult ticket which is pretty minimal ($20ish).

Nope...no free dining for us since we're using the military discount for our room and tickets.

You used to be able to get 3 snack items for 1 CS but you can't do that anymore. (this was at food courts mostly). The closest you can get is if you get an meal using a CS (or an extra TS if you have it) you can get a dessert item (could be to-go) and a bottled beverage. In that way it's like getting 2 snack items, as well as your entree. This works best at food courts, or places like Sunshine Seasons, where you have a large selection of desserts and bottled beverages.

Happy dining!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter