• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adventures of a DisneyWORLDholic! Updated1/24 I was an unofficial WDW tour guide.

I am so glad Jonas is back!!! :banana:

Sorry Jacob wasn't feeling great during Thanksgiving. We went through ADHD meds with one of ours and I know the trials and tribulations attributed with it all! Very delayed growth, minimum weight gain, and usually no appetite! I always felt so bad that he was so much smaller than others but he was not able to not use the medicine. When we weaned him off the meds he grew almost 2 feet in 6 months!!

On to Disney stuff!! I just love :lovestruc Port Orleans so I am so happy to see it decorated for Christmas!! I hope to see it in person soon!! And how nice of the CM to let you tag along for a ride! We encountered a few...uhmmm...views on our trip as we passed the treehouses on the boat! :rolleyes1

It has been years since I have been to Disney during the holiday season. :confused3 In fact, I was 9 years old!!!!!:eek:

I just do not want to pay holiday prices!!!

I loved the pics. Thanks.

I love all jacobs picture with all his facial expression!!!! Something he can share when its his turn to take his own kids...:goodvibes

That gingerbread carousel looks so good! I can't imagine trying to put that thing together! Over Thanksgiving we went to the Biltmore in Asheville and they had a gingerbread replica of the Biltmore....it smelled divine and was so detailed! I tried to take a contraband picture but it didn't come out too well. I suppose that is what happens when you try to be sneaky! :rolleyes1 But it was no where close to the size of that carousel!!!

I thought I had responded to you, maybe I dreamed it.:confused3 We've been to Biltmore during the holidays and seen the Gingerbread House. I pictured it when I read this.

It has been years since I have been to Disney during the holiday season. :confused3 In fact, I was 9 years old!!!!!:eek:

I just do not want to pay holiday prices!!!

I loved the pics. Thanks.

I understand not wanting to pay the prices, glad I could share some pics. Few more to come.

I love all jacobs picture with all his facial expression!!!! Something he can share when its his turn to take his own kids...:goodvibes

Jonas jokes that I have worn Jacob out on WDW and that my grandkids will never to get that. That's not so, I'll take them.:goodvibes

So glad to hear Jonas is back!!! Now you can focus on the holidays and your amazing upcoming trip!

I enjoyed your DIS-visit with a poster who will remain nameless and faceless. I think it is wonderful that you have made so many friends through your trip report!

Loved the pictures from your visit to my FAVORITE resort, the Yacht & Beach Club.

I have never been to the World during the Christmas season but I can only imagine how absolutely beautiful and unbelievable all of the decorations are.

I wish you and your family a very joyous holiday!

Dee

You too!

Funny, I have met a few people through the TR, but a lot of my Dismeets are off of one thread I joined for those staying at Pop in September two years ago, funny thing is, I still have not stayed at Pop, but met some great people.

Merry Christmas everyone! Have a wonderful and safe holiday season!

Great updates! Love the pics, especially the one of the DISer pushing Jacob in the wheelchair! :rotfl: Okay, okay, so it was me - can't help it, I'm camera shy because those darn cameras do not like me. :sad2:

It was so great to meet you & Jacob(the gift card really was for his birthday), but I was sorry I was feeling so crummy. It will be way more fun when I'm feeling normal.:thumbsup2 Thank you for taking the time to come over to meet us.:hug:

Will we see an update and pics for last night??? :) So happy Jonas is home!:goodvibes

Merry, Merry Christmas!:santa:

I thought I had responded to you, maybe I dreamed it.:confused3 We've been to Biltmore during the holidays and seen the Gingerbread House. I pictured it when I read this.

The Biltmore at Christmas was so beautiful! It was amazing!!

Merry Christmas everyone! Have a wonderful and safe holiday season!

I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas!!!! :goodvibes

Love all of the Christmas decorations! I somehow missed the earlier update with the Carousel. That looks so cool! We've never been over to the PO resorts. It looks like a lovely area.

Great updates! Love the pics, especially the one of the DISer pushing Jacob in the wheelchair! :rotfl: Okay, okay, so it was me - can't help it, I'm camera shy because those darn cameras do not like me. :sad2:

It was so great to meet you & Jacob(the gift card really was for his birthday), but I was sorry I was feeling so crummy. It will be way more fun when I'm feeling normal.:thumbsup2 Thank you for taking the time to come over to meet us.:hug:

Will we see an update and pics for last night??? :) So happy Jonas is home!:goodvibes

Merry, Merry Christmas!:santa:

So now everyone knows who I met, Minnie&Nana! It was great I got to meet you and so glad you were able to make the trip.

Jacob loves the lightsaber he purchased with the gift card.

Of course there will be an update on the other nights photos.

I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas!!!! :goodvibes

We did, how about you and yours?

Love all of the Christmas decorations! I somehow missed the earlier update with the Carousel. That looks so cool! We've never been over to the PO resorts. It looks like a lovely area.

I really do love the PO resorts. I think we like them so much because it doesn't feel like Florida, especiall POR. I don't think there are any palm trees at that resort. POFQ has a few as you can see in my pics, but not a lot.

Ok, going to do another update, I have two more trips to write about and don't think I will be at WDW until our Anniversary trip.Wait, I am thinking of a quick little Dismeet if all goes well, but it would mean driving over after dropping Jacob off at school and then heading home in time to get him and then we head to Ocala for a Mustang show at Silver Springs. Hopefully the weather will be better, last year it snowed/freezing rain, but still hundreds of crazies like us showed up, but not the 1000 cars that were expected. And I am trying to decide if I should go to WDW to ride the monorail and look at decorations or go to Busch Gardens this week, Jacob's pass expires this week.:sad2: But on to my next mini-TR.

Great updates as always, and love the photos!

The christmas decorations all look fabulous, I wish I could be there to see them too. POR looks gorgeous, in a way I'm kind of sad we didn't get to stay there in Oct, though OKW was fabulous!

Glad Jonas is back, and that Jacob has settled with his new medication. :thumbsup2

Di x

One of my Disfriends was at WDW and I wanted to go see her. I had met her the previous year and we had a nice time just sitting and chatting. So I persuaded Jacob to go to WDW with me yet again.

Now, I had sent a text to my friend saying I was going, tried to call her hotel room, but realized her FB profile wasn't her real last name.:rotfl2: I realized this as the CM was searching for her.

But if we didn't meet up, I had something else I wanted to do. We had never seen the AK Christmas parade. So if nothing else, we would at least see that. We got in the truck and headed that way. About 20 miles from our exit, a certain Dis'er called me. I asked where they were and she said "At AK waiting on the parade!" :cool1: Told her we were headed the same way. This was going to work out perfectly. Got to AK, Tram was waiting and we headed over when I realized I left my camera in the truck.:headache: The whole point of seeing a parade is to get pics, so I ran back to the truck, luckily we were able to park closeby and I made it back in time to get on the tram...and had a workout.:thumbsup2

I tried to take our pic on the tram

But the wind and my hair didn't want to cooperate...ok, I did get a few others, but these were actually better with the hair hiding my face.:laughing:

And we were there

And then I had an ADHD moment, ooohhh pretty flowers

And Christmas decorations

Now, my friend had found a spot by the Safari, so we needed to hurry, workout #2. But we found her, actually she spotted us first, or she said her husband did. Must have told him to look for a crazy lady with a child. We chatted a bit and then the parade started. They had found a nice bench, so she didn't have to use her walker/chair, so she let Jacob sit in it. Here comes the parade:

Now when she let Jacob sit in her walker, she said he would probably get more attention from characters and it worked

The floats in the parade were gorgeous and I love that the CM's driving them are part of the parade. I enjoy watching the CM's sing along and dance in the vehicles

Someone gave the elephant a candy cane.:goodvibes

Remeber what I said about Jacob and the chair

One day I posted on FB that I was headed over to WDW and an old high school classmate said to say hello to Minnie from him, and on that day I thought "I'll get a pic and post it for him" but ever since getting a pic of her has been difficult, but today she worked with me.

Cont.

Parade continues with the back of the last float. I always try to get pics of the back because those Imagineers at WDW always decorate every inch.

This guys tongue will come out and get you

For a couple of Duck admirers

Got to love it when it snows in Central Florida

Guess what, more to come!

Jacob had some unmelted snow on him

Minnie cooperated with my, but now Mickey was giving me a hard time

Actually, I always seem to have a hard time catching Mickey

After the parade we sat and chatted, of course Jacob was ready to go as always, but guess what we did....watched the parade on the way back

You can see that most people left and it was also getting a little darker

Minnie was still loving my camera

Remember the tongue

Continues, once more

Mickey liked me this time around

We sat and chatted for about another 30 minutes or so. It was already closing time by the time we headed out. Jacob and I said goodbye to our Dis friends and headed off to do a little shopping. But after walking through one store, guess who we bumped into. We had a good laugh and then said goodbye one more time because I wanted to hit one more store. Still didn't find anything to buy, so we headed out.

Now I had heard of rope drop, but I did not know there was a little show at the end of the day, we had just missed it, but got them leaving the park:

I got some pics of the tree

So, that was one more parade off of my to-do list and one item I didn't even know existed.

After this, one more Christmas visit. I believe I stated earlier I was debating about heading over one more time this week, but we have been the week after Christmas. Learned my lesson about going to the parks. Just to give you an idea, we waited 30 minutes in a long line just for the tram at AK that week, almost 2 hours to ride Pirates and again HM. So, if we do head over, it will not be the parks, just the resorts.

Have a great week everyone!

Great update, and lovely parade photos. Thanks for The Donald photo. ;) I have the same trouble with him as you do with Mickey. He is always looking the opposite way, or else his eyes are closed!

Di x

Great updates as always, and love the photos!

The christmas decorations all look fabulous, I wish I could be there to see them too. POR looks gorgeous, in a way I'm kind of sad we didn't get to stay there in Oct, though OKW was fabulous!

Glad Jonas is back, and that Jacob has settled with his new medication. :thumbsup2

Di x

Yes, we are glad Jonas is home and Jacob seems to be settling down with his medicine, just wish it didn't stop him from eating.

I think OKW is probably the closest to feel to POR, I really liked it when I visited for a few hours.

Great update, and lovely parade photos. Thanks for The Donald photo. ;) I have the same trouble with him as you do with Mickey. He is always looking the opposite way, or else his eyes are closed!

Di x

He closes his eyes!?!?

Love all of the holiday pictures! After reading Jenny's TR from last year's marathon weekend, I was hoping I'd be able to see some on my trip and some lights, but from what I've read, I think they'll all be down. :(

Love all of the holiday pictures! After reading Jenny's TR from last year's marathon weekend, I was hoping I'd be able to see some on my trip and some lights, but from what I've read, I think they'll all be down. :(

Hopefully some will still be up for ya! Hope to see ya soon.:goodvibes

Hey, just booked Akerhaus for breakfast for our anniversary trip. ADR is for 8:15 and our Segway tour is at 9:30, do you think we can make it? I have to cancel 2 days prior in order to save $20. Learn something new about Disney every day.:laughing:

Great pictures of the parade! I'm glad you went back for your camera! The floats are amazing. I love the animal creations.

The Christmas tree decorations were really fun to look at, too. Loved all of the Disney-character themed toys.

Happy New Year to you and your wonderful family!

Wonderful pictures of the parade! I can't wait to make it to Disney during Christmas!

I think it could be doable (Akershus/Segway Tour) since that gives you an hour and fifteen minutes. Without little kids, I have discovered we can get out of character meals in one hour! We are going there for the first time in June....so excited!!! :woohoo:

Happy New Year!!! :yay:

thank you do much for sharing this last year. I feel like a stalker if I don't say anything after reading up to here and now looking for your other threads. First I want to thank you and your family for the service for this country. Second, thank you for doing just a great job writing your tr. I look forward to reading the rest of this last year. I hope to be able to do a daughter mother trip this year. (Just have to stop life from happening.) BTW you have a great looking family. Hope 2011 is the best for you. Oh and how could I forget thanks for the circus that place looks amazing will have to put it on alist of todo places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter