Adventures by Disney with Celiac's Disease

Tinkarella

Mouseketeer
Has anyone had experience with an Adventures By Disney trip with Celiac's Disease (gluten free diet)? Most specifically, when traveling internationally are they able to accommodate the dietary issues? Any insight and personal experience reports would be most appreciated.

Not sure about Celiac disease but I can't have seafood/shellfish and I let my travel agent know. She made sure ABD was aware and I was always accommodated. Disney will do everything they can to accommodate a dietary issue.

I have experience with Disney handling dietary needs in the parks, resorts and on the cruise. Just wondering how well it is handled when traveling by land internationally.

They will always find something for everyone to eat, no matter what. They're excellent at allergies, I expect gluten free is no prob.

We had someone on our Italy/Switzerland trip who had Celiac disease and they were able to accommodate her very well. I think it helps that these guides have been to these place several time at least, and know the establishments. In Italy where pasta is everywhere, they were still able to find lots of food for her to eat.

There was a family on my Med Cruise ABD add-on that ate Gluten-free because the daughter had Celiac's disease. They were easily accommodated everywhere we ate. In fact, most of the restaurants appeared far more able to deal with their gluten-free requirements than with me not being able to eat tomatoes! :) ABD excels at accommodating dietary restrictions, and a lot of areas in Europe appear to be well aware of and able to deal with gluten-free.

Be sure to let ABD know well in advance of your trip, and discuss it again with the Adventure Guides when you get there.

Sayhello

We had a traveler in our group (ABD Australia) who ate a gluten and dairy free diet. He had no issues at all. As a matter of fact the guides helped him arrange an anniversary cake in Sydney. They shared it with everyone and it was delicious.

Several in our family have Celiac disease (and tree nut allergies) which was a key factor on why we used ABD and for many if not most other families on our trip last summer some food issue was a big reason for choosing ABD. DCL, Disney parks and ABD all give an added comfort level w/ food sensitivities but traveling internationally and dealing with translation is different level of concern. Europe was supposed to be way ahead of the US on gluten free foods. Not so and not even close with labeling and variety. Solid A for ABD in handling the various diet issues. Clearly the guides had done homework, knew the issue and about cross contamination, alerted restaurants before arriving and consistently had course for course options at every meal. From what we saw, Europe is 10-15 years at least behind your average decent sized US supermarket forget about Whole Paycheck (Foods). Outside the first world ... well ... ya know.

I just got back from Peru and I noticed many menus at our hotels and restaurants were noting GF options. At the Palacio Inka Libertator in Cusco, there was a large table set aside with a lot of GF options. The other hotel, the Sol y Luna, also had a separate table at the buffet. plus our guides were proactive with a guest's dietary needs (not Celiac's, but a major allergy of some kind)

Our Italy trip had someone who needed to eat gluten free. She had no issues at all...even GF pasta was available!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter