Adventurers Club for shy people?

Beautybelle43

Mouseketeer
Hi there,

I was wondering how much attention they draw to you at the Adventurers Club? Can you go to just people watch the characters? I can even handle some one on one interaction if a character approached me. We are a very shy couple and don't like to be singled out in a crowd. We also are not big drinks. But the Adventurers Club intriques me and I"ve always been curious about it.

This can happen anywhere at the Adventurer's Club ... but the most likely location is the Library Room.

Im not sure if you can ask to be 'avoided' before the show or not.

Knox

From what I remember, the people closest to the stage were the ones that were usually singled out. My wife & I sat towards the back, and only had to interact with a character one time (and that lasted all of 5 seconds).

Definitely take a chance & head on over to the club. I'll be back in June, and can't think of doing a WDW trip without doing the Adventurer's Club!

I was worried about being chosen in the Adventurers Club on our last trip too. I actually found it to be fun. My DH and I were in the mask room. I told him to sit in the back so we had less of a chance to be noticed. Just my luck, the opposite happened. I was wearing a yellow jacket and right from the beginning this one mask keep asking me to rub his horns. I kept telling it "No, that's ok." I turned a bright shade of red. I think they could tell that I felt uncomfortable being choosen. I also made a mental note next time not to wear any bright colored clothing to make myself stand out. My DH thought the whole thing was hilarious until the big mask in another room chose him to perform a dance in front of everyone. He found that totally embarrasing but he did have fun.
I say, go and have fun. Maybe you could let one of the cast members know when you enter that you would prefer not to be chosen.

From what I remember, the people closest to the stage were the ones that were usually singled out. My wife & I sat towards the back, and only had to interact with a character one time (and that lasted all of 5 seconds).

It can depend greatly on the show.. We saw "Samantha" and she hopped all over the place. From front to back .. stood on the bar.. and picked people out from EVERYWHERE in the room.. (especially the back!)

There was one guy at the bar 'texting' while she was literally a foot away from him and she was like "Hey, big shot, what's so important?"

He replied, "Job offer."

"By Text? Who you gonna be working for? The "Can you hear me now" people?"

It went on.

Anyway.. my point was.. the back is not necessarily the 'safe bet'. :scared1:

If you want to be left alone get the "Just Married" buttons and they'll figure you just want a quiet evening :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter