Adventureland Bridge Refurb?

That's too bad. I always loved how the curved bridge transitioned Main Street from Adventureland. Hopefully they will complete it soon. Thanks for confirming, and thanks for the clarity that parades do NOT use this bridge (not sure why I thought they did).

You can still walk across it but there is only enough room for a few people side by side at a time.

That's too bad. I always loved how the curved bridge transitioned Main Street from Adventureland. Hopefully they will complete it soon. Thanks for confirming, and thanks for the clarity that parades do NOT use this bridge (not sure why I thought they did).
The bridge was changed from curved to flat several years ago

You can still walk across it but there is only enough room for a few people side by side at a time.

Yes and then you get angry people who are walking into you because you and your family are walking single file all the way to the right into Adventureland where as all the people leaving are not single file and taking the whole bridge. The angry person couldn’t understand why I was not budging to let him go thru me!

My memory must be getting really bad. First, I thought parade floats went over this bridge. Then I was sure (last year) this was a curved bridge...so when you’re on one end you couldn’t see the other end.

Lol, maybe it’s odd that I “liked” your post about losing your memory. But you are not alone here. I’ve been fortunate enough to go to Disney since 1977, and I can tell you that my memories borrow from all four decades, mixing and matching memories and years like the leftover socks in the bottom of the clean basket - surely this gray sock matches this gray/white one.

My memory must be getting really bad. First, I thought parade floats went over this bridge.
1. Then I was sure (last year) this was a curved bridge...so when you’re on one end you couldn’t see the other end.

1. When you say "curved," do you mean "arched" (higher in the middle than at each end?)

2. I don't recall it ever being like that... not that much arch.

Images below found via web search:

Photo of the bridge back when it was arched.

AdvBridge-Arch2.jpeg

Photo of the flat version of the bridge.

AdvBrigge Flat.jpg

Last edited:
Yes and then you get angry people who are walking into you because you and your family are walking single file all the way to the right into Adventureland where as all the people leaving are not single file and taking the whole bridge. The angry person couldn’t understand why I was not budging to let him go thru me!

Well, that is everywhere at Disney... Will be nice after this vacation and can walk a straight line somewhere without people walking in to me or just stopping in the middle of a walkway....

Well, that is everywhere at Disney... Will be nice after this vacation and can walk a straight line somewhere without people walking in to me or just stopping in the middle of a walkway....

We are a family of 5. 98% of the time we walked single file to rides.

I have kids, have brought kids with strollers and this trip I realized I hate the side by side double strollers. They are so wide, no one can safely walk! I brought strollers but a single or double back to back and it was a joovy so small!

I am old and not as tolerant!

1. When you say "curved," do you mean "arched" (higher in the middle than at each end?)

2. I don't recall it ever being like that... not that much arch.

Images below found via web search:

Photo of the bridge back when it was arched.

View attachment 344119

Photo of the flat version of the bridge.

View attachment 344120
Yes..I meant an arch, not a curve. From what I (mis)remember, the apex of the arch would actually block the view from Adventureland when viewing from Main Street. Clearly I am not remembering correctly looking at these images. I will just write this off as my own personal Mandela effect.

Last edited:
Yes..I meant an arch, not a curve. From what I (mis)remember, the apex of the arch would actually block the view from Adventureland when viewing from Main Street. Clearly I am not remembering correctly looking at these images. I will just write this off as my own personal Mandela effect.
This was my favorite thread of the day lol. I was totally on board with the arch when you mentioned it and now you've spread the Mandela effect to me! Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter