Adventure Is Out There! 1st time Solo PTR! ~ Dusting off these PTR cobwebs 8/8!

Don't know if I've kept any readers with this snoozefest of a PTR but
ONLY 16 MORE DAYS:yay:

All that's left to do is buy last minute things and make it through work this week and next week. My work schedule has changed so now I work M-W and am off TH-SUN :thumbsup2
I'll probably start throwing stuff in the luggage next week.

After reading a bunch of packing lists, I'm beginning to think my park bag will be too small. Now I'm considering a bigger crossbody bag to fit a ziplock bag with dry socks, moleskin, water bottle, etc. :crazy2:

I found these two cute packing lists online:

barenecessities-1.jpg

perfectpackinglist.jpg

Now which one do I use?! :faint:

I'd probably use both just to make sure I had everything!!

In May '09 when we went for our anniversary I carried a big bag... It wasn't a problem then but when I went to DL in October '10 I tried using the same bag and discovered it was way to much to try and carry!! I quickly discovered using a locker is a much better idea!! This trip I will put the bare necessities in my waist bag and then will put the other bag in the locker if I feel I need it accessible after the first day.

I'd probably use both just to make sure I had everything!!

In May '09 when we went for our anniversary I carried a big bag... It wasn't a problem then but when I went to DL in October '10 I tried using the same bag and discovered it was way to much to try and carry!! I quickly discovered using a locker is a much better idea!! This trip I will put the bare necessities in my waist bag and then will put the other bag in the locker if I feel I need it accessible after the first day.

Disneyland requires A LOT less, not so much required.

I did find a bag for a great deal though! :thumbsup2

Feeling a little low energy today, I skipped the gym and opted for walking around the mall while waiting for my dad to get out of work.

I still need some tees and a park bag.
I found a tee for $7 on clearance :woohoo: I love saving money!

And I happened upon Baggallinis at TJ Maxx - ON CLEARANCE! :thumbsup2
t98hue.jpg

I'm following along! Loved the PTR - and it looks like we'll be there at the same time. Our trips are so close - hooray!!

I know you've already made up your mind about this, but I just wanted to reassure you that it shouldn't be a big deal to go to a park on a day that they have morning EMH. This is my third time going this specific week of September (due to my husband's work affilitated with the Night of Joy event) and the crowds are really really low. Like we pretty much walk onto everything. I mean, it picks up a little in the afternoons on the "big" rides (the mountains, peter pan), but you can just ride those in the mornings or late at night or do fastpass (or both!). It's really a fantastic time of year to go -I'm not sure I could ever go during high season! It would probably stress me out:)

I'm so jealous of your solo trip! I did a day in Universal by myself one time (I was in Florida for work and decided I wanted to see the new the new WWoHP) and I had a BLAST! This time we will be taking our one-year-old, so it's an entirely different degree of planning around someone else. It's totally making me want to plan another trip where I could go solo, but I don't think DH will understand that....:)

I'm following along! Loved the PTR - and it looks like we'll be there at the same time. Our trips are so close - hooray!!

I know you've already made up your mind about this, but I just wanted to reassure you that it shouldn't be a big deal to go to a park on a day that they have morning EMH. This is my third time going this specific week of September (due to my husband's work affilitated with the Night of Joy event) and the crowds are really really low. Like we pretty much walk onto everything. I mean, it picks up a little in the afternoons on the "big" rides (the mountains, peter pan), but you can just ride those in the mornings or late at night or do fastpass (or both!). It's really a fantastic time of year to go -I'm not sure I could ever go during high season! It would probably stress me out:)

I'm so jealous of your solo trip! I did a day in Universal by myself one time (I was in Florida for work and decided I wanted to see the new the new WWoHP) and I had a BLAST! This time we will be taking our one-year-old, so it's an entirely different degree of planning around someone else. It's totally making me want to plan another trip where I could go solo, but I don't think DH will understand that....:)

I appreciate your reassurance. I've gotten so many negative comments about:
a) going to a park with opening EMH if I'm not making EMH
b) going to a park as soon as I check-in to my hotel after a red-eye flight.

It's great to hear from someone with multiple experiences for this time period. I initially planned my trip for this week because of NOJ but in the end, I don't have the money for the event. I would have switched for my trip to coincide with my friend's trip but I purchased airfare pretty early on (non-refundable/exhangeable).

I've had one previous red-eye experience. I did an overnight to NYC and as soon as we landed I was Go! Go! Go! I don't think I went to bed until 1 or 2am the next morning. I adjusted pretty well to the time, too. I don't know if the posters on those other threads failed to notice that I was going SOLO and not with family or children. That's why I feel I'll be ready to go as soon as we touch down.

Hi....sorry....me again. Could you tell me where you found the packing lists? Thanks:)

I'm not sure if you are familiar with the website tumblr. It's similar to pinterest, but before pinterest came out. I follow a few Disney blogs and one of the bloggers created it and put it up on her site. They are cool!

here are the links to the image directly, that way you can print it out in its regular size if you'd like.

Bare necessities packing list
http://mostmagicalplaceonearthishere.tumblr.com/image/28436030333

Practically perfect packing list
http://mostmagicalplaceonearthishere.tumblr.com/image/28436018061

30j5gmx.jpg

So excited to see this when I logged into Disneyworld.com

When I logged into mine today it said "81 Days" which made me SOOOOOO happy! I'll probably be insanely difficult to live with when my ticker gets down around the 30 day mark. Poor hubby. NOT. :rotfl2:

Feeling a little low energy today, I skipped the gym and opted for walking around the mall while waiting for my dad to get out of work.

I still need some tees and a park bag.
I found a tee for $7 on clearance :woohoo: I love saving money!

And I happened upon Baggallinis at TJ Maxx - ON CLEARANCE! :thumbsup2
t98hue.jpg

Woo hoo! I'm a "mini backpack" in the park kind of girl. I use the extra webbing from the shoulder straps as my pin trading "lanyard". I've got a great mini pack I've used for YEARS as my park pack that I got at WalMart for $5. The new ones are $7 now and no longer have water bottle pockets on the side. Boooo. But I had an REI dividend still from last year so I ended up getting a Dakine Cosmo bag for $18. I have a clip on water bottle that I can attach to it, so I'm all set!

YOUR TRIP IS SO CLOSE I CAN FEEL IT!

So excited for you. I'll text you later this week! :hug::yay::goodvibes

HEY GANG
*cricket cricket*

Let me dust of the cobwebs off this PTR!

*cough* Remind me not to let it get this bad again okay?! :rolleyes1

So, let's update.

Let's see, I'm officially at 4 weeks (28 days exactly!) until I'm on a jet plan to beautiful, muggy Orlando ;)

My flight with Delta got changed and I'm arriving an hour earlier at 6:20am! :thumbsup2 I might make EMH at MK yet!

In my next post I'm gonna tell you my "wish list" for each park. Things I definitely want to try this time around.

Has your dining options changed?

The day has come!
Thanks to everyone who followed along to my less than spectacular ptr. I'm leaving from Los Angeles tonight and should be arriving in Orlando at o'dark thirty.

:hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter