Advantage rental car? Anyone?

vassar36

Mouseketeer
I am thinking of renting from Advantage rental car company over thanksgiving week because it will save us about $300, but I wanted to know if anyone has had any experience good or bad with them?

I've never used them, but have them booked for a car in early November. Overall the reviews of Advantage are not great, but the location in Orlando seems to get a bit better reviews than other locations.

I decided to give it a try, knowing that I will keep an eye on prices and try to find something cheaper with one of the more reliable rental companies. If I do end up sticking with Advantage, I will put it on my Discover card, because any time I *ever* have a problem, I feel like Discover is the easiest to work with. I have seen reviews saying Advantage overcharged them after the rental--that is my biggest concern. But I know Discover will have my back. ;)

I also booked them for 11/27 - 12/7 but very nervous about the reviews. They have some connection to Hertz which is a very good company. However...the rewiews on line are terrible. I'm going to keep shopping. It would be interesting to hear from someon who aactually rented a car at Orlando airport.
Anyone???

I have rented from Advantage a few times. The thing to keep in mind is they will try to upsell you EVERYTHING! As long as you know your auto coverage (what your home auto will cover while you are in a rental car), or your credit card coverage, (what that will cover in a rental car), and you can stand your ground you will be good.

I have a nice credit card that will cover rental car accidents if I used that credit card. When I told this to the employee she said "I don't think that is true, they are probably lying to you" I had gone over everything with the card company and looked at the fine print and I was covered so I simply said "I'm all set"

I went into the experience knowing that they would be pushy and was ready to stand my ground! I did and we had a nice clean car with no hassles in the garage on pick up or return!

I hope that helps!

thanks nkkilala good to know...

I think I will use my AE for this which I am pretty sure covers loss and damage ...I am nervous about the bad reviews, but I just can't beat the price for that high travel time..and I am renting in ft laud. and then driving up to return at MCO; alot of the rental car places want to charge me an extra $100 for a one way rental on top of their higher weekly rate.....

I just got a great deal on Alamo that even beat Advantage! so I just switched today...phew...now I don't have to worry about this anymore ....

When are going and what kind of deal did you get?
lol...Nothing too special... I used my alamo insder # (which I used before too) and is free to sign up for, and it lets me add on another driver for free) and the big part is I am picking up at a location other than the airport in south FL (still returning to MCO)... this not only cut the weekly rate over 50% BUT there was also all these other charges that they were adding on when I got the car from the airport that came to over a $100 vs $32 ...so that coupled with the lower weekly rate saved me over $200 from if i booked from airport to airport, (plus when i initially priced it out for alamo-few weeks ago- weekly rate was about $150-$200 more than is showing up now, so that seems to have dropped too)... going Thanksgiving week, a few days before and few days after

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter