• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advanced set-up of mobile ordering

tomu570

Drink up me 'earties, yo ho
Is it possible to set up mobile ordering the night before? It would be great to preselect your items for multiple dining locations the night before then just hit send the following day when you decide where you want to eat. Can this be done? Thanks.

Is it possible to set up mobile ordering the night before? It would be great to preselect your items for multiple dining locations the night before then just hit send the following day when you decide where you want to eat. Can this be done? Thanks.
Nope. As soon as you leave the order screen for a particular restaurant, any items added to the order will be deleted.

you have to do it day of but you can set all of your meals without issue that morning - even before the quick service in that park is open yet. We usually order lunch ahead of time in the morning.

We would often do ours on the Bus/Skyliner in the morning on the way to the park. If you like to eat at a peak dining time, you probably do want to do it in the morning, other wise the true "lunch hour" time gets filled up.

We would often do ours on the Bus/Skyliner in the morning on the way to the park. If you like to eat at a peak dining time, you probably do want to do it in the morning, other wise the true "lunch hour" time gets filled up.

Sounds like you are both saying you actually finish the order, yes? Selecting a time, checking out and everything. Not leaving the order in the cart to complete at a later time, correct? Essentially placing the order ahead?
I think that's an important step, if that's what you are saying.
It sounds like OP isn't including that part and may not realize that is how far you are going in the order process

Last edited:
Yes, this is what I have done in the past- select my pickup time, place my order, and pay for it. All done about 6am, for pick up times later in the day. It will send you a push notification as the time nears, and you can select the “I’m here, prepare my order” button

I just noticed you said decide where you want to eat. Even if you could start the night before you can’t do any of it without knowing where you want to eat. Picking the restaurant is the first step. Nor can you select from more than one restaurant. They operate independently. You have to order and pay from each one. You can’t mix and match different restaurants

Sounds like you are both saying you actually finish the order, yes? Selecting a time, checking out and everything. Not leaving the order in the cart to complete at a later time, correct? Essentially placing the order ahead?
It sounds like OP isn't including that part and may not realize that is how far you are going in the order process

yes do everything that it allows you to do by checking out after you select food. You don't pay until you get close to the restaurant and tell the system that you are here prepare my order. You can even go in and modify the time if you need to (and there are times available)

Yes - we actually place the order in the morning, not just save it in the cart. Sorry if I misunderstood the question.

You don't pay until you get close to the restaurant and tell the system that you are here prepare my order. You can even go in and modify the time if you need to (and there are times available)
Sorry, I'm crashing this thread. How necessary is it to place mobile orders for lunch in advance (like the morning of)? If we're not sure what time we are going to eat lunch and go to place an order when we are ready to eat, are we going to have issues with times not being available? If I do set up a time in the morning, what is the grace period for pick up and what happens if we don't follow through on the order at all? Thank you!

Sorry, I'm crashing this thread. How necessary is it to place mobile orders for lunch in advance (like the morning of)? If we're not sure what time we are going to eat lunch and go to place an order when we are ready to eat, are we going to have issues with times not being available? If I do set up a time in the morning, what is the grace period for pick up and what happens if we don't follow through on the order at all? Thank you!
How close to noon do you like to eat?
If it's right there around the noon hour, very necessary.
If it's flexible, not very.
We have indeed had times that were 2 hours in the future which is fine if you aren't hungry but not fine if you are hungry when you open the app.
There are only so many meals they can get out around noon. They will run out of time to get all the orders filled at some point.
You aren't technically charged until you do the final step as mentioned in this post quoted here. So while you do have a time set, you have flexibility and can still cancel till you click the "I'm Here" step
yes do everything that it allows you to do by checking out after you select food. You don't pay until you get close to the restaurant and tell the system that you are here prepare my order. You can even go in and modify the time if you need to (and there are times available)

Literally the only time we couldn't get a slot when we wanted it was at Casey's right before fireworks. It was an hour out. Never had a problem otherwise, and we visit the park 100+ times a year. I don't plan ahead that far to order hours in advance. It's usually 15 minutes before as we're walking to the restaurant.

To add, you don't have to mobile order. If you want to eat now, just walk in and order at the register. If the timeslot is 30 minutes away and you need some AC now (Florida...), wander in and order in person. Sometimes we mobile order and sometimes we just get in line. Mobile ordering is not always fastest. Captain Cooks, for example, is nearly always faster in person. Same with Gasparilla.

Once you click your timeslot and submit your order, you can always reschedule it or cancel it altogether. You're not charged until you click "I'm here."

How close to noon do you like to eat?
If it's right there around the noon hour, very necessary.
If it's flexible, not very.
We have indeed had times that were 2 hours in the future which is fine if you aren't hungry but not fine if you are hungry when you open the app.
There are only so many meals they can get out around noon. They will run out of time to get all the orders filled at some point.
You aren't technically charged until you do the final step as mentioned in this post quoted here. So while you do have a time set, you have flexibility and can still cancel till you click the "I'm Here" step
Great info. Thank you!

Literally the only time we couldn't get a slot when we wanted it was at Casey's right before fireworks. It was an hour out. Never had a problem otherwise, and we visit the park 100+ times a year. I don't plan ahead that far to order hours in advance. It's usually 15 minutes before as we're walking to the restaurant.

To add, you don't have to mobile order. If you want to eat now, just walk in and order at the register. If the timeslot is 30 minutes away and you need some AC now (Florida...), wander in and order in person. Sometimes we mobile order and sometimes we just get in line. Mobile ordering is not always fastest. Captain Cooks, for example, is nearly always faster in person. Same with Gasparilla.

Once you click your timeslot and submit your order, you can always reschedule it or cancel it altogether. You're not charged until you click "I'm here."
This is very helpful. Thank you!

We had major problems at Epcot during July 4th week. Just saying. Couldn't get spots for 2+ hours around the noon hour and lines were at least an hour wait long

We had major problems at Epcot during July 4th week. Just saying. Couldn't get spots for 2+ hours around the noon hour and lines were at least an hour wait long
Lines back in China and Japan were an hour long?! Geez, so thankful to have not run into that!

Lines back in China and Japan were an hour long?! Geez, so thankful to have not run into that!
Sorry, though I don't consider what they serve back there to be edible or food either, LOL
No, it was not hour long at every single spot. Granted, they don't have mobile orders there so figured it was obvious they were not being discussed any way.

But yeah, if it's edible food, I did find very long lines or also very long waits for mobile orders.
The food booths were an option if you wanted to dine on small plates around the world. That suits some but not all like to walk, stand, eat, walk stand eat, walk stand eat, all in the heat.

The available times for lunch pickup at Woody's Lunchbox at DHS are usually at least 2 hours from when you book, so I always book that before I even get to the park, although Woody's was taking walk-ups when I was there in May, so if you're okay with doing walk-up, then there's no need to mobile order early.

But, OP, you can't order lunch or dinner the night before. They won't show up on the app.

We love mobile ordering. We do it early in the morning. Either while in line for a ride or before we get in another line. its easy to place the order, pick your time and be done.
While being able to hold things in your cart and come back to them could be handy in certain situations, I understand why they either want the order finished and placed or removed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter