• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advanced Activity/Equipment Reservations Needed at HHI Resort?

flybone89

DisAHolic
We are traveling to Disney's HHI Resort (YAH!) in 10 days and I feel like I am missing something! I guess as avid DCL and WDW travelers we are used to having to plan so much in advance. But we have never been to an off-park property like HHI and I am wondering is there anything I need to reserve ahead of time? Activities? Rentals (chairs/umbrellas)? Or can I just manage it all when I get there (which to be fair sounds like a nice relaxing change of pace that I would prefer!)?

Thanks!

Hey! I hope that you have a great trip! We are going at the end of June and I can't wait!! HHI Resort is definitely more low key and relaxing than WDW but it's still such and amazing vacation. When you check in you will get an activities list with all the week's activities and rental info etc. I would just plan to sit down once you get into the room and go over that schedule. You can circle things you want to do and kind of make a rough plan for the week. That's the best time to make any reservations. There's really no rush on most activities and I've made reservations the morning of in some cases. The reservations that you might want to make the very first day are any beach rentals or bike rentals. Normally these are sold in a "length of stay" rental so you want to get the most use out of those that you can.

So if you are a planner there's still the option to plan out your week, but it's not as crazy as a WDW trip.

You are going to love it at HHI!!! We have been going there every other year since 1996 and its literally a home away from home. Make sure you go to a campfire if you have kids and grab a Mickey bar and dole whip!!

About how much are the beach chair and umbrella rentals--just a ballpark is all I am looking for.

Thanks so much Christene! We are so looking forward to a relaxing time now! Lets just get "Bonnie" out of the way before we get there in the next few days.

RewTHEREyet, I don't know how much Disney resort charges for rentals, but this site will give you ballpark prices you need: http://www.shorebeach.com/index.php/rentals. Its a 3rd party site that will set up the chairs and umbrellas and they list rental rates. Looks like its cheaper per day to get the number of days you know you will use them.

We were just at HHI two weeks ago and the only thing I would say is some activities do book up rather quickly. We had a rainy week and I wasn't absolutely sure I wanted to do the beach walk unless it was great weather so I waited until late afternoon the day before the walk was scheduled to book it......which was a mistake on my part. The walk was completely booked. The Recreation Dept told me to just show up just in case someone who had booked didn't show, but, if everyone did show I would not be able to participate since there were only so many available slots. I only say this because in mid May the resort didn't even appear to be completely booked so I would imagine during the busy season things book up even quicker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter