Advance Purchase ticket prices going up soon??

danacath

DIS Veteran
I remember reading "somewhere" that Disney typically hikes their ticket prices twice a year--in the spring and in the fall. Does anyone have any info on price hikes that would have a more specific time frame? I like to keep the $ in MY bank account as long as possible, but I also don't want to wind up paying higher prices by waiting TOO long to get our park hoppers. Thanks for any info you have! :D

--danacath

There is no longer any set time frame that Disney uses to increase their prices. What you read about spring and fall comes from years ago when they would increase their regular tickets in the spring and their AP/PAP's in the fall. That policy has long since been scrapped.

The past three price increases have been in June '03 (gate prices only), September '02 and January '01. So there's no telling when another may come.

As far as your keeping the money in the bank, why? Your bank is currently paying 1 or 1.5% interest on it. Disney's ticket increase when it comes will be around 5%. IMHO, you'll come out further ahead in the long run by buying the tickets now rather than letting the money sit in your bank.

Thanks for the reply, GoldenOldie! We'll probably be getting our hoppers some time in the next few weeks. Without going into great financial detail, money is kinda tight and I like to keep the $ on my end of things as long as possible just in case we would get in an unexpected bind and need it. If our A/C goes out, etc. etc. I'd rather have the $1100 in the bank. $1100 park hoppers in my drawer wouldn't be of much help. ;) Thanks again for your response!

--danacath

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter