• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adults Wearing Mickey Mouse Ears

UpNorthG'ma

Earning My Ears
Forgive me if this isn't the right place for my question, but I'm wondering if adults wear the Mickey Mouse ears in the parks? I know lots of kids wear them, and they have special "bride" and "groom" ones, but I'm talking about the regular ears. I think it would be fun for my Mom and I (she's 71 and I'm 51) to wear them to the parks, but I would feel "silly" if we were the only adults wearing them.

Have any of you adults worn them?

Forgive me if this isn't the right place for my question, but I'm wondering if adults wear the Mickey Mouse ears in the parks? I know lots of kids wear them, and they have special "bride" and "groom" ones, but I'm talking about the regular ears. I think it would be fun for my Mom and I (she's 71 and I'm 51) to wear them to the parks, but I would feel "silly" if we were the only adults wearing them.

It's Disney....you won't look silly!!!!! See many adults wearing them. :goodvibes

Nah...don't feel silly...lots of adults wear the mouse ears...enjoy yourselves.

I do!!! I try to get a different pair every time I go. This past trip I got a pink hat with hot pink fuzzy ears:rotfl: My sister got steamboat willy ears! (and don't feel silly, it's Disney World!!)

I didn't get the actual ears hat, I got Minnie ears that are like a headband and wore them :goodvibes I thought I was adorable. My husband thought so as well:thumbsup2

I have seen many adults wearing Mickey ears-I say go for it and make sure you get some good pics of you two together in those ears.:upsidedow

Yes - wear them in the parks (really where else can you?)

I don't wear the "hat" ones because I have a big head and a lot of hair (which is often in a pony tail or bun when at WDW) and find they don't fit quite right but I have a number of the headband kind. There are so many different kinds, I have several different pairs and try to get something new each trip. I have black minnie ears, gold ears, silver ears, stitch ears, tigger ears, every colour of bobble mickey heads on the head bands and I'm thinking a few others that I can't recall right now.

Choose the ones you like the best and wear them with pride.

Thanks for the quick responses everyone!

We will definitely buy and wear Mickey Mouse ears proudly then!! :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

I didn't know there were so many different kinds, it will be hard to choose!!

I also didn't know you can get just the ears on a headband either, maybe that would be the way to go. Especially if the sun is beating down and it's really hot.

I live for wearing my ears! DBF and I got ours personalized at the hat shop on Main Street the first trip we took together 2 years ago. Back in the day when an actual person sewed the names on instead of a computer...:rolleyes:

People come up and ask us where we bought them all the time.. Even had a cast member at DHS compliment us on them and ask where we got them personalized..

I've already made sure I know where our ears are even though our trip's not for 3 weeks. :yay:

I think half the fun of going to Disney World is being silly and not caring what you look like..

disbanner.jpg

You bet!

LIke so many others on here, I wear my ears with pride! Every time I go to Disney, I get a new set of ears, and even if I DON'T see any other adults wearing them around the parks, I absolutely wear them. I always try to get a pair my first day there so I can wear them the whole trip!!!!

No one will think you are silly, I say go for it :thumbsup2

its the first thing I will purchase when I get there.
How can you do WDW without them?
Im looking forward to wearing them the entire week Im there. Im sure my DD will tell me to take them off at some point tho :(

We saw some at the store on Main Street last year that had the flower pot on top.
I even got pics of my wife and SIL wearing them.

To the OP and anyone else who may not know/forgotten about this:

You can make your very own "special" ears now!!! They had a big press release about this probably about 6-8 months ago(I know it was sometime in the summer)and it has seemed to take off.

I believe you can do this at the Emporium(sp?) shop at MK. Yoy can pick the different style hat, types of ears, colors, you can mix-n-match the ears.....you get my drift. I also think it's about the same cost as if you were to buy them already done. If I can find the link for the article, I'll post it on here for yas!!!:banana: :banana:

here is DH and myself in our HM Mickey Ears at last years MNSSHP. DH shirt was a big success, and my tink shirt too, it had a glow in the dark spider on it.(flashing)

n518954342_1537040_5064.jpg

If you and you mom want to wear ears,wear them, you will not be alone!

Last trip I bought a tiara at DTD and wore it everyday! :goodvibes

LaughingPlace.com: LaughingPlace Lotion: Custom Mouse Ears Now Available at the Magic Kingdom (LaughingPlace Lotion) (The #1 Site for Disney)

Cut and paste the two lines..it should pull it up

They even have pics on here!!! Have fun and wear the heck outta those ears!!! :thumbsup2

My problem with the ears is that only the "adult" ones fit my head. The "one size" fits too snugly on me, and I don't look right. And all the ears that I wanted, fell under the "one size" category. I really wanted to create my own, but I didn't see any beanies in the "adult" size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter