Adults travelling to Disneyland, CA from the UK!

helloitsjoey

Earning My Ears
So I need a lot of help. I have been given the task of organising our family holiday for 2015 and have no idea where to start. We are going to be travelling from the UK to California some time in 2015. We have chosen to go to Disneyland rather than WDW for a number of reasons. Personally I'm very interested in history of Disney so the original park is a must for me. Furthermore, as 25-55 year olds, WDW may be a little over whelming and we are looking for something that can be done in a shorter amount of time leaving us time for some relaxation.
As well as the two Disney parks, we're also interested in visiting Los Angeles, a Zoo (I really don't know much about the Californian Zoos) Sea World and Universal studios. I know California is huge and the parks are quite scattered so I would some recommendations on accommodation. Somewhere not too expensive but pleasant enough that we can spend a couple of days around the pool.
All tips are welcome. I can't wait to hear from you all.
Thanks for reading. :hug:

Are you planning to drive? Anaheim (Disneyland) and Universal studios are not close and unlike Orlando, getting between places is not easy in LA unless you have a car.

Definately go to the Disneyland Resort board. Start by just reading through it, then jump in and ask questions.

I grew up going to DLR and DH and I normally go there but are giving WDW a try this year. We've been many times with and without kids.

We treat both parks as if it was one big area- which it is. When you don't have kids with you, that is much easier to do. We often zip back and forth between parks many times a day depending on what we feel like eating or riding.

The San Diego Zoo is supposed to be amazing but I can't ever seem to get down there to see it. If you do that, then I suggest making San Diego a seperate part of your trip from DLR.

You will get lots of suggestions for places to stay on the Disneyland boards but we prefer Candy Cane Inn for the short walk to the parks (10 min or less), free breakfast, free shuttle, and friendly staff. No, the rooms and pool are nothing special and a little on the small side, but it is a nice clean place to stay while visiting DLR and much cheaper than onsite. If you do divide up your trip, you could then stay at a fancier hotel during your non DLR part when you'll have more time to enjoy a pool.

Thank you so much for all your replies! I'd totally forgotten I'd ever posted on this board! I will take a look around the different boards now I have more of an idea about things. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter