Adults only trip report July 2 - 8, 2006

AKLGoofy

Mouseketeer
It has been suggested that I post this here, as well, so that the many folks that go to WDW without children but maybe don't get to other areas of this website might read it, as well.

My wife and I just celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary at WDW. We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and I had constructed the entire trip as a suprise for her. The report is lengthy and goes into perhaps more detail than some might wish, but for others it has been said to be a nice "escape".

If you are interested, here is the location:

http://www.susanandbob.com

I put it on its own website since it is so long and there are so many pictures.

Please feel free to respond via the email there, or here, with any questions and I'll do my best to answer.

Bob

I just settled back with my morning coffee and had myself a great read! How magical your anniversary was. And thank you so much for sharing the experience with all of us!

PS I am sending your website to my husband to inspire him!! :rotfl2:

:love: 25th anniversary was spent at WDW. #5th anniversary was spent on a Disney Cruise and a 4 day trip to see the Christmas lights. We are going back this nov for the Wine & Food Festival just because! We have enjoyed our times with the kids and grandkids but Nov will just be for us! :lovestruc

Wow!!!! My dh and i are going to disney for our 10th anniversary in Dec.
I am so glad that you guys had a wonderful trip. I hope that our trip is half as wonderful as yours. I would love to have all the cards you received from the various characters. Tell me what was your secet to getting them?

curlysue1968 said:
Wow!!!! My dh and i are going to disney for our 10th anniversary in Dec.
I am so glad that you guys had a wonderful trip. I hope that our trip is half as wonderful as yours. I would love to have all the cards you received from the various characters. Tell me what was your secet to getting them?

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but if you mean the certificates from the Cast Members, I'd say it was a combination of the buttons (be sure to stop into Guest Relations on your first day in whichever park you visit first and tell them what your trip is for) and the flowers being delivered at the meals. The flowers kind of made our reservations stand out in the minds of the folks at the various restaurants and I also think that is what helped us insure timely seating in some cases.

If you mean the picture in the room when we arrived, that was done (I'm sure) by the great folks in the Itinerary Planning Office for the ANimal Kingdom Lodge (a benefit of our staying concierge and having the Platinum Plan was having advanced attention to our planning needs). I'm guessing it was either Don or Juanita... but who knows, Tigger might have just been doing a very nice favor for a big fan! (Susan)

Bob

I just wanted to chime in that I've really enjoyed your report so far - including the ups as well as the downs. Only on Day 5, but hope to finish soon.

boy you are sweet.

if WDW had down graded my room with out telling me - I would be screaming.... I hope you got a BIG discount.

Since they had to give up your room to the ambassador - but they should have given you the suite at no charge.... if that is what the next room up would be. Or given you a Big and mean Big refund.

Disney is not surpose to treat their guests that way period....

so sorry your arrival was not great.

I just finished reading your entire TR, and wanted to wish you a (belated) happy anniversary. Your adoration of your wife really shines through.

And thank you for sharing your trip with us. I enjoyed reading all of it the good, bad, and ugly about the trip, CMs, your own reactions. It's nice to read such a thorough report and honest assessment.

I hope your next anniversary is just as magical.

Thank you, everyone, for your kind replies.

I tried my best to be thorough in the report. I feel it's important for folks to get to know just what happened, even if it wasn't perfect (that is, after all, what they're for, eh?). I would like to think I was even-handed in how I handled both the good and the bad parts, that is, placing just as much emphasis on the folks we think did great as well as the not-so-great.

Bob

Wow!! I'm reading it now, and it's a great report! Thanks for posting. :)

I have just spent over 2 hours reading your report - all I can say is WOW. what a fantastic trip, what a lovely guy you are and what a lucky girl your wife is. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter