• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adults-only trip: input appreciated

Which resort with parents?

• Split Coronado Springs or Port Orleans, queen beds

• Split All Star or Pop, save dough

• Get a room! (our own rooms, that is)

• other option...?

Results are only viewable after voting.

mrsdrake625

DIS Veteran
Hello and thanks in advance...

We are in the process of planning a trip for next January and we are trying to decide on a resort.

Here is the big question: hubs and I are willing to split a room with my parents if we can save some money, but that would require some added privacy re: the bathroom. Coronado Springs, for example, has a sliding door between the room and bathroom and queen beds, which would be nice.

However, we could also split a Value room (Sports or Pop) between us and only end up paying a few hundred dollars total, saving the rest for food, but sleep in double beds and all share one sink. :worried: Or just get our own Value rooms if we score a good discount! :beach:

I guess I'm wondering if anyone has split a room with other adults and how that went, and if so, are there any room layouts in the Value/Mod categories that lend themselves well to that plan?

It's so hard to find pricing info for 2013 on the new website!!! :badpc: I am using All Ears for lots of info so that's been helpful.

I don't know what type of relationship you have with the folks, but I say NEVER NEVER NEVER stay in the same room with parents!! :sad2: I don't even stay in the same house when we go to the left coast to visit....always get a hotel for me and DW and leave the kids with G'ma & Papa. DW and I love mom & pops to death, but at the end of a long day we need time to decompress with some alone time....and if you're going to have separate rooms I wouldn't even consider connecting rooms. Ask for adjoining rooms and act surprised when there isn't a connecting door. ;) Remember, it's a vacation...a bit of away time is always a bonus and will keep everyone happy....IMHO.

Definitely 2 rooms... 4 adults sharing one bathroom. ( it is hard enough with 2 adults 3 kids sharing a bathroom).

also if you dont feel good.. privacy is a good thing. :)

Definitely 2 rooms. Resort choice would be POR. Your parents will love the walking paths and boat to DTD. Beautifully landscaped resort. And not to mention Yee Haw Bob's entertainment in the evening. Another great resort if you can afford the extra cost would be AKL savannah view. It's like having 2 vacations in 1. It's a fascinating stay. There will be days you won't want to leave the resort. Having room service breakfast on your deck while watching African wildlife is amazing in itself ! They would be my choices if I were going adult only trip w/parents. Have a great stay ! :goodvibes
P.S. I would not recommend a split stay. Just my opinion...

For your own sanity, get two rooms, please! Or at least a family suite!

What's the point in spending any money if you are going to bunk with the "rents" and I am looking at it from both parties involved not just you.

A WDW vacation is meant to be fun, relaxing and enjoyable not only during the day at the parks, but at those other "personal" times too... but to coin a phrase... two's company, four's a crowd.

Get a second room so both parties can enjoy the vacation, otherwise you WILL remember this vacation, but for the wrong reasons.

I agree with most of the pp and get a second room. Do two rooms at a value if money is a major concern.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Haha ok wow, I enjoyed reading your responses. Thanks.

I don't know what type of relationship you have with the folks, but I say NEVER NEVER NEVER stay in the same room with parents!! :sad2: I don't even stay in the same house when we go to the left coast to visit....always get a hotel for me and DW and leave the kids with G'ma & Papa.

Oh no! but I understand. We actually get along really well with them and have traveled together several times, but not split a room. We talked about it with them, and everyone was cool with it if that's what had to happen. But I think they'd be alright if it didn't.

also if you dont feel good.. privacy is a good thing. :)

This made me giggle.

Is there a good story here?

Maybe rent DVC points and stay in a 2 bedroom villa?

This was another strong option - the only problem was the uncancel-ability, as we aren't sure how many people are coming, what dates, etc. etc. etc. That whole song and dance. But that would have been my first choice.

Actually, owning DVC would be my first choice. :)

OK - thanks, I think the answer is everyone has their own room at the Pop or Sports. I sat down using the 2012 costs, and it's maybe a $200 difference? not bad at all in the grand scheme of things. Hoping for a good discount!

Just stayed at CSR - while there is a sliding "door" between the beds area & the bathroom, it doesn't provide total privacy. Ours didn't close all the way, leaving about an inch gap, and there's no latch on it to secure it. It is also literally less than a foot from the end of one of the beds, so not a very "private" feel. I did share the room with abother adult & for 2 of us it was plenty of room, but I couldn't imagine it with 3 or even 4 adults sharing.

Good luck whatever you decide!

I spent 2 weeks before christmas at POP in a standard room with two other adults and NEVER again will I share a room with anyone but my dh! The issues ranged from bedtimes, hygiene (please shower daily if you are sharing a room), to sharing electrical plugs for computer, phone, and yes game system recharging . I thought we had all the issues ironed out before we went, but eating breakfast in a dark room at 9 am, so someone else could sleep in because they had been up until 1 am on their computer, got old really fast! The logistics of 3 peoples suitcases and belongings in a room with one sink and one toilet, just does not work, especially when one person ties up the bathroom for over an hour several times a day! :rolleyes1 I am still traumatized by that trip and shudder daily at how I survived! :scared1:

I have done three adults in a studio at SSR and four adults in a room at POR and we were more comfortable at POR.

With two sinks and a separate area for the shower, we rotated around each morning. The fourth person put on make-up in the mirror over the table. We were ready in no time.

We each had a drawer for clothes, portion of the closet rack for hanging stuff, and I brought a shoe organizer for our make-up and hair care stuff.

With the studio there was not enough storage space, as well as only having one sink.

Just did a trip with three adults who get along pretty well. We stayed at POP and half way through the trip rented another room as the space was too close for comfort. GET TWO ROOMS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter