Adults only trip in Oct., need ideas please.

DISNEY FIX

DIS Veteran
We are doing an adults only trip in Oct. Maybe with the couple down the street.
What ideas or experiences have you done that we should try?
Thanks,:goodvibes

We are doing an adults only trip in Oct. Maybe with the couple down the street.
What ideas or experiences have you done that we should try?
Thanks,:goodvibes
Though you don't mention where you'll be staying, I do see VWL in your signature, so I'll stick with what I know (it's our home resort).
- Artist Point is a wonderfully romantic place to eat. Ask to be seated by a window--you might have to wait a few extra minutes but it's worth it. I especially recommend the portobello mushroom soup, the buffalo, and pretty much any wine on their list.
- Walk the beach at night. Time it to see the Electric Water Pageant out in the lake, and you can even catch some of the higher explosions of Wishes off in the distance.
- Rent bikes and ride to FW. Better yet, take a stroll down the nature trail that leads out from bike rental shop and follow the shore of the lake. You can take that all the way to FW, too.
- The Hidden Springs hot tub clears out late at night. . .usually.
- Sit out on the porch of the Villas at night with a drink in hand, or just relax in one of the nooks within the Villas lobby.

Above all, enjoy your time at the Lodge! ;)

Last October DH and I loved MNSSHP. We have been going in Oct. for years and never thought we would like MNSSHP but we absolutely loved it and can't wait to go back this year. I'm sure you will be doing the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot (avoid the weekends when it is crazy busy). We also like doing mini golf. Fantasia and Winter Summerland are both fun, though we like the Winter Summerland courses a little better.

Mostly you will want to make reservations at a couple of nice restaurants. I would suggest Artist Point, Jiko, and maybe one of the nice Grand Floridian ones (there are so many to choose from there). Then I would plan on hitting the parks early in the day and playing at the resorts or DTD and Boardwalk in the evenings. Of course, it's Food and Wine, so that is a great thing to do in October.

There are several really great tours available and for most of them you have to be 16 or over. DH and I went on the Keys to the Kingdom tour last December and it was wonderful. We rode a couple of rides and got to see behind the scenes and just learn a lot about running the Magic Kingdom. The Segway tours sound like a lot of fun, too.

If you haven't see the Cirque show in Downtown Disney, I would highly recommend seeing it.:thumbsup2 You can go to the 6:00 show and then enjoy a late bite at one of the many DTD restaurants.

Water parks are a whole different experience when it's just adults. Tons of fun!:yay:

There are all sorts of water activities: jets skis, boats, fishing. You can take a fireworks cruise. Then there is golf or miniature golf. Take a horse drawn carriage ride at Port Orleans Riverside or Fort Wilderness. Rent bikes. Do the Richard Petty driving experience. There are so many things to do for "adult only" trips. Lots of fun to be had for sure! Good luck with your planning. (Get an Unofficial Guide at your library and check it out. pun intended!:rotfl:) Good luck and have a great trip!:cheer2:

October means Food & Wine Festival...
I would book a a couple signature events, definitely including Party for the Senses. F&W make it the perfect time for an adult trip.

MG

Food & Wine special events top my list.

We prefer to dine at the Swan/Dolphin upscale restaurants that are not on the dining plan. They are definitely more adult with better food. V&A is wonderful if you want to splurge.

An evening listening to music at Jellyrolls.

Spa treatments.

Segway Around the World tour at Epcot.

We also like to rent a private cabana at Typhoon Lagoon for the perfect downtime day.

All of our trips are adults only! We have a great time!

I've written three trip reports which are in my signature at the bottom of my posts. And the one trip was last October for F&W!

We love to really enjoy a nice dinner every night - with adult beverages, of course!

And we prioritize our fave rides, then just kind of go with the flow!

One of our favorite night-time activities is watching the Electric Water Parade from the Bay Lake resorts. We usually grab a cocktail, set ourselves up in a lounge chair and wait for the Disney magic to start sailing by. You can be flexible on your time, as it starts over every 15 minutes at a new resort as it moves along Bay Lake. Our grown kids always make this a must do with us and their friends. :lovestruc

I would agree that the MNSSHP was a LOT of fun just as adults. And since we paid for the tix, we had a day to relax until the party started, since we didn't want to waste a park hopper day when we were going to the party, since they let you in (unofficially) around 4pm. Also, I second the F&W. That is a perfect no-kids kind of day so you can drink and enjoy the foods from the many countries. Enjoy your trip!

Sorry for the lack of other info.:goodvibes
We have a studio booked at OKW, we are WL for BWV. No biggie if it doesn't come thru.
Hey sleepydog25 we will be doing all those wonderful VWL things in Nov.:thumbsup2
So......
MNSSHP... check
Food and Wine... check
Cirque,.... unless I can find cheaper tickets that is out. My wife is on the fence about seeing it, I would like to, but 90+ per ticket make her less enthueastic.:confused3
Going with the flow.... check
Segway Tour.... check will be booking this week
Party of the Senses... I need to investigate
Fireworks cruise...may be more than I want to spend
Boardwalk and Downtown Disney....check

Anything else? Is there a one man piano guy playing somewhere?
On a side note I know nothing about OKW. What are some of the pointes I should know?
Thanks you guys. :goodvibes:goodvibes

We are at BWV right now on an adults only trip. We have thought about many of the tours and other items, but it seems that we keep gravitating to a middle of the day break at the pool with an adult beverage. We have done alot, but the mornings we have wanted to sleep in or afternoon naps are easily done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter