Adults only at character dinners

MAYNARDS99

DIS Veteran
We are going to Crystal Palace for 715PM dinner in September, and other than Tigger are really only interested in enjoying dinner.

Is there a way to NOT have the characters come visit? How do you shoo them away politely?

1) As they get close, just lightly wave your hand in a "shoo" or "no" motion.
2) Just like telling a waiter to not stop at the table.

I've done an all-adults character meal before, and many of the characters decided to just skip over us, especially the face characters. I actually had to make the effort to tell them that "Yes, I want a picture with you!"

i would imagine you could just shake your head and smile and wave your hand in a "no thank you" kinda way. thats probably what i would do.

I usually wait til they are 2 tables away and fetch some more food, by the time I am back they are gone.

If you show no real interest in them they will move on pretty quickly. You don't even have to shoo them away. Just say hi and then go back to your meal and they will happily move on.

You are in Disney...Live it up a little. Its just me and DW..we always go to character meals and we always taken pictures with them. You will never see them people again...so who cares who see you.

If someone looks at you weird because you may take a picture with a character...thats their problem not yours.

Enjoy yourself while you can. !!!

I usually wait til they are 2 tables away and fetch some more food, by the time I am back they are gone.

That's what we do if we are not in the mood for characters & it works out very well. You could also just tell the hostess when you check in, or tell your waiter & I'm sure they will alert the characters.

I agree with a previous poster, King goofy. Last year I went to Disney with my mom (I was 30 at the time) It was just the two of us, no kiddies. We went to two charachter dinners and we had a blast! The charachters are so sweet! The just come by for a minute, do something funny and pose for a pic and then leave. Believe me, no one will look at you funny.. Its Disney!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!