Adults and Characters?

This thread is awesome!!! We just got back from a family trip but some of the characters did make a point to interact with me..even though just the kids were in the pics. Baloo the bear gave me an amazing hug. Dog licked my hand and Russell kissed it..lol. Goofy hugged me and wouldn't let go..lol. Mickey hugged my dh after hearing we drove 2 1/2 days to get there..lol. I was shy about getting in the pics but really wish I would have now and will for sure if we ever get to go again.

I've traveled to Disney 10 times and each time I have had amazing experiences with characters. Truthfully, I have also had a couple of "snub" type character interactions, but most of the time they're great!

I've always traveled with all adult groups, and as long as you go up, and kinda "play around" talk, they'll usually ask where you're from, and you just have to have fun with it, and they'll have fun too. Every so often you'll experience a not so great one, but the awesome ones make up for it!

I'm 19 years old and I love love love meeting characters. From my CP that just ended I swear, I have hundreds of character photos, it's one of my favorite things to do while in the parks. I've never felt snubbed by any of the characters and have had wonderful interactions. I danced with Chip on Christmas morning, spent like, five minutes chatting with Merida about archery, siblings, what clans characters from Beauty and the Beast would be in, I was scolded by Gaston one morning for drinking the brew wrong, and when I went to take a picture with him later in the day, he remembered me XD

Needless to say, no one will stop me from letting my inner five year old play while in the parks.

When i was a cp i always went character hunting. My favorite thing to do bar none. I have had some ok experience with characters and some awesome ones. I feel like my ok one where just get pic autograph and move on. Also the people in front of me with kids got the same experience so to me it wasn't because of my age. Some characters like to see older people i think i played ring around the rosie and took about 15 pictures with buzz and woody we had two people and we kept changing positions. Ive also seen the fairies enough times, "what do u mean you've never meet them we have to go right now!" they began to remember me. A little awkward for mw but super funny!

Id say go embrace your inner child you're at disney. Have fun!

Characters are one of my favorite parts. We like the character meals more than waiting in line but will gladly wait in line for the right character. One time my wife got punched in the arm by Donald when she said she always thought Donald was taller. Classic. I guess the characters are what you make of them. If you remember that they can hear you in those suits you can have a lot of fun with them.

I have never had pictures taken with 'real' people (princesses etc) but I have with everyone else!
My fave was during my first visit when I was about 27 (28?) and my younger brother (19) and I decided to get every character during our 2 week visit - my nephews (8 & 5) couldnt have been less interested!:lmao:
We found Brother Bear characters and Kenai threw me over his shoulder and ran off with me - luckily I had my swimsuit under my skirt because it would have been very inappropriate otherwise! He then brought me back and stood me in the bushes and my brother had to wrestle with him to get me back!
I wish I had a copy of the video my Mom took, it was hilarious!!

We just got back and we met almost every character we could. We only missed stitch, sulley who didn't meet the day we did hollywood studios, the disney channel/disney jr characters because we don't really know any of them, cars, the incredibles, tiana and peter pan.

We had amazing interactions and some just ok ones. A lot of the ok ones really had nothing to do with us being adults because you could just tell the characters weren't into it even with the kids.

I went on my first solo trip in December. I have a Disney VISA, so I decided to get a quick picture with the characters.

When I went in to get the picture, I got a big hug from Mickey and Pluto. Pluto showed me how he wanted me to stand and got a great picture.

I felt so much better after that interaction; I don't care how old you are, getting a hug from Mickey and Pluto can lift your spirits.

karly05 said:
If Dug & Russell are still meeting at AK when I go back, they will be a big priority, because Up is one of my all-time favorites (see avatar).

This past summer we waited in a short line to meet Dug and Russell in Animal Kingdom. It was great! Dug "licked" me! Too cute.
Funny story though, I was talking to another teachers kindergarten son about his upcoming trip to Disney. I told him about meeting Dug, and he asked if Dug talked, I replied no, but that he licked me an gave me a big jug. Her son stopped what he was doing, tilted his head to the side and said, "hmm... I bet his communicator is broken!" Too cute!

On my solo trip last week I decided to meet characters and had a ball. In AK, Pooh and Tigger acted like I was their long-lost best friend, hugging me and jumping around. At MK, meeting Daisy was just a picture, but Minnie was thrilled at my Minnie Mouse fingernails and had us pose so our fingernails showed in the pic. Interacting with Tinkerbell and Periwinkle was a lot of fun. Chip and Dale were just pictures. At breakfast at Crystal Palace, someone at a nearby table would snap my picture with each character. When Pooh came around, instead of a hug he started dancing with me. It was lots of fun and the people around us loved it.

tigger_zpsc8009d9a.jpg
dancingpooh_zpsbdc2e5b1.jpg

My favorite picture is a picture of Rafiki and me in a karate chop pose. I had the biggest grin on My face the whole time I was meeting him.

We just had a fantastic week and since it wasn't crowded, our DD19 decided to see how many characters she could meet. What a hoot! Since she adores Disney and is very versed in it, she interacted with each and had a ball. The conversations were priceless. One of the best was with Peter Pan. He was such an impy boy. Figitided as he talked to her, scratched his head, he was so PETER PAN! Lol

Rapunzle was so funny. I told her I needed frying pan lessons and she started scolding DH to behave himself so he didnt get hit on the head like Flynn.

DD wore her magic lamp charm around her neck (Aladdin is her special prince since age 3 lol) and each princess noticed it and asked about it.

It was a great visit!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter