Adults and BBB

Well my first concern was that my DD13 wanted to go here, but from what I've read, age is just a number. ;)Though now after reading this thread, my question would be; will they do just makeup and nails.

TIA

I've thought about going to the BBB. I'm not too interested in the experience. I actually just want the tight bun with all the gel! I have very thick hair and it would be lovely to get it put up and cemented into place on my first day and have it stay for the week. I know it would get gross and dirty but it sure would be convenient. I'm hopeless at styling my hair. I can put it into a ponytail and that's about it. Does anyone have a link on how to do the princess bun like the FGMIT? Is there a hair only package?

I don't think there's a hair only package but there are videos on youtube of cute hairdos. Just type in princess bun in the search bar and you'll see tons of videos.

Harmony Barber Shop on Main Street is another option you might want to look into if you only want your hair done. I don't think they do too much in the way of styling but I know they have glitter.

Well my DD thinks all the hairstyles are adorable and that is all that matters to me! :) For every person on here who thinks the styles are ugly or unflattering--good! that is one less person I have to fight for an appointment!:rotfl2: I personally think the styles are "cute" in a cartoonish way--the way Disney.

I have to agree with some of the others on this thread: those BBB "styles" are silly, even on little girls. Now, I can see girls loving them and that's fine, it's just dress-up. But for an adult? To each her own, but there's no way I'd ever shell out any money for that look. (I'd have to think a long time if someone even offered to PAY me to do it...)

I've thought about going to the BBB. I'm not too interested in the experience. I actually just want the tight bun with all the gel! I have very thick hair and it would be lovely to get it put up and cemented into place on my first day and have it stay for the week. I know it would get gross and dirty but it sure would be convenient. I'm hopeless at styling my hair. I can put it into a ponytail and that's about it. Does anyone have a link on how to do the princess bun like the FGMIT? Is there a hair only package?

Save yourself some money and go to the harmony barbershop.

Save yourself some money and go to the harmony barbershop.

Or go to CVS and get a tube of gel. I've had to put my DD's hair in a slick bun for dance and some brands of gel were like schlack. Her hair didn't move. I think BBB is a complete ripoff and I've yet to see a picture where a child was as cute all made up as she was just natural.

Maybe your regular hairstylist can recommend a style- like perhaps small braids - that might work for several days?

Or go to CVS and get a tube of gel. I've had to put my DD's hair in a slick bun for dance and some brands of gel were like schlack. Her hair didn't move. I think BBB is a complete ripoff and I've yet to see a picture where a child was as cute all made up as she was just natural.

Maybe your regular hairstylist can recommend a style- like perhaps small braids - that might work for several days?

All very good ideas! :cutie: I would prefer to do the hair style myself and buy a little clip from clairs. I know it's silly and others don't care for it, but quite like the high bun with tiny tiara style. Whatever I do will have to be high on my head so I can lean my head back on the headrests on the roller coasters!

I have one of these and love it. Creates a very sleek bun.
http://www.uxcell.com/twist-holder-clip-magic-roll-bun-hair-twist-braid-tool-p-42720.html

EASY messy bun-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTvKmu6n614

Wow...I didn't mean to start all this when I posted the thread! You girls are all very passionate about hair! :rotfl:

Let me just say...I have two boys - NO GIRLS!! I'm the only female in the house and my niece is the only GRANDDAUGHTER in our family (with 5 Grandsons)! I know I'm probably going to look silly with my hair all slicked back in a bun with glitter, the tiara and the sash....but come on! It's Disney!! I'm never treated like a princess at home, so THIS is my main reason for doing it. And, I'm the 'favorite' aunt...so we're both looking forward to this experience together - my DN is only 3. A half hour of 'pampering' in a castle with my favorite little girl in the whole wide world....yup....THAT's MY MAGIC!!!! :wizard:

I am also a current FGIT at the DTD location and I constantly try to sneak in my own unique touch to the hair styles (not supposed to do that in general but I feel if a parent is paying all this money for a makeover it should be extra special), the POP princess being my weakness for this. Normally the braids should just be brought to the back of the hair piece and I generally make a bow in the front with two of the braids which is really cute in the end. I know one FGIT at DTD (who I really want her to teach me this) makes a hidden mickey out of the braids at the back of the girls hair in the POP hairstyle. So honestly, I try to make the hairstyle look better than it does and sneak in those magic touches.

Honestly, unless you have special needs I would completely find it weird that an adult is doing her hair at the BBB. Seriously, let the kids enjoy it. You can get a "Disney" experience in so many other ways.

Honestly, unless you have special needs I would completely find it weird that an adult is doing her hair at the BBB. Seriously, let the kids enjoy it. You can get a "Disney" experience in so many other ways.

Haha, well, I guess I'm just going to have to be weird! I'm doing it! To each his own. :rotfl:

I have an honest question (not trying to be snarky). If you're an adult, why go to BBB when you could go to a spa and really be pampered?

I've never done that, and I realize they aren't "real" hair styles or what's "in" right now but I would totally do it if I had money to spare or if a niece or daughter (thought I have neither right now) wanted me to go with them!

I don't think it's supposed to be fashionable or in style or all the other things that have been discussed so far. It's supposed to be a special Disney Princess look. It's supposed to be somewhat old fashioned and not common (outside of Disney, that is! :rotfl:). That's what I think, at least.

It's just supposed to be a fun experience. And I think it is. I wouldn't wear it to a party or anywhere outside of Disney. But I really don't think it's that ugly. Even though it may be easy to replicate, it's an unique look, as in, you don't see people with those hair styles often. Most people go to Disney to do fun and unique things, not to look like a super model. Or they wouldn't wear pinks, fans, mickey ears, etc.

Also, kids will be kids...kids don't want their hair to be all unique and professional, usually...they want their hair to be JUST like the other princesses' they see walking around at the park.

I see no need to offer more hairstyles. It's not supposed to be a real life beauty salon. It's supposed to be a make believe experience where you go to get those specific looks they offer.

I get that professionals are going to think it's horrible and all, but the way I see it, they are offering the experience, not a professional hair styling service. Anyway, just my two cents.

I think you are doing the right thing by going and I think it will be really fun! I hope you both enjoy it! :goodvibes

I don't think it's supposed to be fashionable or in style or all the other things that have been discussed so far. It's supposed to be a special Disney Princess look.

Most people go to Disney to do fun and unique things, not to look like a super model. Or they wouldn't wear pinks, fans, mickey ears, etc.

It's not supposed to be a real life beauty salon. It's supposed to be a make believe experience where you go to get those specific looks they offer.

I think you are doing the right thing by going and I think it will be really fun! I hope you both enjoy it! :goodvibes

Thank you!!! I'm not doing this to make myself glamorous...I'm doing this so my neice and I can have a 'bonding moment' - come on she'll be 3 1/2 - I really don't think she'd appreciate an ADULT Spa! And it's the one place that I'm allowed to be treated like a princess....cause Lord knows it does NOT happen at home!!

I have an honest question (not trying to be snarky). If you're an adult, why go to BBB when you could go to a spa and really be pampered?

Because I can go to a spa anywhere... and in fact, I do that at Disney, as well... the spa at SSR is outstanding!:cloud9:

BBB is pure Disney :goodvibes

And really not to sound snarky, just honest, if it isn't for you, then don't go! All life's problems should be so easily solved! :lmao:

My entire family is going to Disney the end of November/beginning of December. My Disney Neice (3) will be going to BBB. I'd like to go and get my hair done with her. I have 2 boys and never had an excuse to go before. My question is this: has any adult woman ever had her hair done at BBB? DH thinks I'm nuts - I'm 35 and I really want to do this. Thoughts?

My husband and son are doing pirate league while my daughter does BBB. I feel left out! However I have no desire to dress like a princess and would feel strange with the hair and my black Mickey&Minnie shirt for the Halloween Party. I wish they would do some Nightmare Before Christmas hairstyles as Halloween. I would like a Bride of Frankenstein doo. :goodvibes

Have a great time with your niece!

Okay, I apologize in advance if this upsets anybody, but being a hair stylist, I just have to say this.... have you seen the hairstyles, lol? They are not even flattering on little girls let alone adults. Sorry, I am a hair stylist so those "styles" really irk me. They slick, and I mean slick you hair back and make it super tight.

I really wish that they would have real hairstylist working in there who can give little girls real princess hair. The experience is super cute and I know I would love it if I was a little girl, but dang can they fix those hair styles, lol???

I think that you should go and experience it with her, but don't be surprised if your hair looks crazy.

And do brides really get their hair done there?? WOW, just wow, lol. The styles that come out of that place are not bridal at all, lol.

I wouldn't mind it if I was going all out and dressing up with my daughter. It's Disney! I used to love the commercials where the kids were having a great time and then they would walk by a reflection and you would see one of them was actually an adult.

Do they sell that top thing in Claire's? One of the mom's from DD's dance class keeps telling me about some thing at Claire's that makes buns easier but I always forget when I'm at the mall.

That Youtube video was a cute hairstyle but my mind kept going back to how the lady was moving the kids head like she was a mannequin. I felt sorry for her! :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter