Adulting is Hard, So I'm Running Away! ~ An Oct 2016 PTR ~ Update 10/19: Peace Out, Yo!

51 days until Park Hours! :upsidedow
88 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
208 days until FP+! :cutie:
268 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

I should probably do an update, since it's been about a week since my last one! Work has continued to get even more insanely busy, so I know I'm behind on all of your threads! I'm going to try to rectify that ASAP! Thanks for still being here with me... even though I'm always behind on the DIS! :sad:

There's no updates on this October 2016 trip, really. I've been rolling a few things around in my head about it, but nothing worth writing about yet. Hoping that might change soon, though! Though I do have an announcement about another trip in the works, but I'll get to that later in this update, so stick around!

Regarding my health stuff... Thank you ALL so so so much for all of your wonderfully supportive comments! You're all so encouraging, and it just does my heart so much good! :lovestruc

48pOSGAK2WUaA.gif

My follow-up with my doctor last week went okay!. The good news was that my lab work from December came back beautiful! All my numbers on it were good! Even my cholesterol was perfectly fine (and for a fatty-red-meat-loving carnivore like me, that's surprising), as was my creatinine (I have a history of kidney problems due to my Lupus, so this value is important for me). Shockingly, even my blood sugar was okay! Only mildly elevated, but not to any level that alarmed him. See, I also have PCOS, which makes my body resistant to using insulin like it should, so it was unsurprising that it was slightly above normal. But it was nowhere near Diabetic or even pre-Diabetic levels! I'm still hoping to see it come down more when I go back in April, due to my new eating habits. So that was all good news!

11sBLVxNs7v6WA.gif

The bad news: Even after faithfully taking my medication all month long, my blood pressure was still sky-high, and there wasn't ANYTHING on my lab work to help him figure out why. :confused3 For right now, we're chalking it up to my weight and bad genetics (I don't think there's a single person in my family over 35 who doesn't have hypertension). He kept me on the same same blood pressure med (Ziac), and just doubled the dosage. He said we'll see how things look when I go back for my next follow-up in April, but I'm thinking that I may pop into Walgreens or somewhere to check it myself in about a month and see if there's been any change. If not, I might call his office and see if he wants to go ahead and try me on something else.

That same day, I also went to an eye doctor for the first time since 2009. :guilty: I know, I know! I told ya'll I've been neglecting myself, though! Surprisingly, my prescription has only changed slightly. I was going to go ahead and pick out some new glasses, but my insurance only gives me an annual allotment of $150 towards lenses and frames. The cheapest frames they had were $220, and that's BEFORE the lenses! :eek: NO SIR! So I took my prescription and left. Sadly, Walmart Optical isn't in my insurance's network, which is super crappy because they have GREAT prices on super-cute frames! Sigh. So right now the plan is that when I'm in Savannah next week for my follow-up with my pulmonologist (which is a $45 co-pay, by the way... have I mentioned that my insurance SUCKS?) for my Sleep Apnea, I'm going to go to the Lenscrafters there, which IS in my network, and hope that they have something I like that would fall under that $150 limit with lenses. Fingers crossed! :goodvibes

j3x5hjUoXIesM.gif

So that's it on the medical side! As for the weightloss/fitness side... Ehhhhh. Mixed results this week. It would seem I'm stalled at my 13 lb loss... I have not lost a single pound since last Wednesday. But I suppose I should be glad that I'm holding steady, and not gaining. Also, I have my "monthly guest" currently, which I'm hoping has a lot to do with it. It's actually totally ironic that she showed up to visit this week... Thanks to the Depo-Provera injection that I get every 3 months (to help with the PCOS), she actually only comes around to visit me maybe once or twice a year. (I know, lucky me!) But OF COURSE she shows up while I'm watching my weight like a hawk, just to mess with me!

10tIjpzIu8fe0.gif

Also, as I just learned from @Bree , apparently starting an exercise routine can make your muscles retain water for a while, too. So I might be getting hit with THAT as well right now...

Oh, what's that? Did I not mention yet that last week, I've started going to the gym and getting my fat butt on a treadmill 3 nights a week? :D

There's a 24/7 gym a block from my office here on base that I have free access to (because I'm a DoD employee). So every other morning, I bring a Disney tote bag to work with me, and in the bag is all my workout stuff... Change of clothes, headband, water bottle, earbuds, the New Balance running shoes I bought last week, etc. And when I close up the office around 6:15pm, I change clothes in our bathroom (because locker rooms have ALWAYS freaked me out, even in high school), then I head over to the gym, hop on one of my favorite two treadmills (yes, I have favorites already), and get to walking. On my first visit, last Tuesday, I kinda surprised myself by being able to walk .8 of a mile during my 30 minute workout (and felt like I was DYING the whole time, but I pushed through it). I know to most people that's pitiful, but to me, it was shocking. I mean, I'm the girl who gets winded just walking from the grocery store to my car!

So I made it my goal to be able to walk an entire mile, and that would be my first big milestone. Six days later, this was my mileage at the end of my 30 minutes...

1.09_1.jpg

I'm pretty proud. Not so much of the number, but of the progress. It makes me feel like "Hey! I CAN do this!" :D

I know me well enough that I need get my workouts in when I get off work at night... Once I'm home, I stay home. And if I'm home, I'm NOT going to get dressed and go workout. So instead of trying to force myself into a routine I hate and won't stick to, I'm crafting this around the routine I already have. I'm going to the gym in the evenings on M/W/F, unless it's a week where I'm off on Wed and work Sat (which happens once or twice a month), so on those weeks I'll do Tu/Th/Sat instead. But this isn't one of those weeks, and today is Wednesday, so that means tonight is a gym night! Hoping to get to 1.2 tonight... Fingers crossed! :goodvibes ((EDIT, 7:34pm: I increased my workout time to 35 minutes, and made it to 1.31 miles. BOOM!))

It's important to me to keep pushing that number up up up. My eventual long-term goal is to be able to walk 3.1 miles in about 45 minutes, so I've got a lot of work to do. Why is this an important goal? 3.1 miles is the length of a 5k. And I've already decided on a major motivating force, something I have my heart set on doing. I've mentioned it a little bit in replies this week, so I'm sure some of you have already picked up on it, but I didn't want to say anything "officially" until I evaluated how my workouts went. But I feel confident now that I can make this happen...

When registration opens up this July, I'm going to sign-up for a runDisney event: I'm going to walk in the Princess 5k during the 2017 Princess Half-Marathon weekend at Walt Disney World. :hyper:

ik1O4GCujIW2c.gif

(I would love to make a goal of running in it, and I admire the HECK out of distance runners... But sadly, that's just not in the cards for me. With my Lupus, I'll never be a runner, because of the wide-spread rheumatoid arthritis, which is particularly ugly in my knees and hips. That being said, in time, I might work in at least some jogging intervals. Just for better speed and cardio. But no hardcore running for this girl!)

And yes... I've already planned my trip dates for it (Feb. 23-27, 2017) and yes, there's already a spreadsheet in the works. :rotfl:

So see? Aren't you glad you stuck with me through all my rambling? I managed to tie it all back into DISNEY after all!!!! ::MickeyMo

That's all for this week! Love ya'll bunches! :lovestruc

Yes!! This is what I mentioned in one of your other TR's. I think the December one?! See you in February as I will be doing my first 5K ever in Disney!

Hope you're doing well! And I'm hoping these new dining plan brochures aren't messing with your plans too much! I think we're going to try the dining plan in February (assuming I get registered for the race), and it seems like there is a lot more to choose from with the new changes, but I'm always interested to see what others think.

I may be asking about all the best snacks soon :P

87 days until FP+! :cutie:
146 days until WDW!

Look at me, updating twice in one week! AND I've been staying caught up (mostly) on your threads, too! I'm being such a good little DISer (for now)!

ak-night.png

I have NOTHING to update about the trip. Zero, zilch, nada! Right now my thoughts are turning towards Animal Kingdom... Tonight is the first night of the nighttime festivities there! The hours schedule has them open until 11pm through July 2nd. I'm dying to know what the hours will be come OCTOBER, though! Plus that whole "What time will Rivers of Light be?" question also! :confused3

stq.png

For my book nerds, I just started a new one, The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokski. I'm only 26% through it at the moment, so I can't speak yet to how the story is. BUT! If you like fantasy and enjoyed the prose and the visuals in The Night Circus, I recommend picking this one up. The writing is absolutely STUNNING... So far it's been a beautiful, rich, sumptuous read. :cloud9:

And of course... I have a Princess Cupcake Mcfluffybutt update for ya'll, too! :cat:

cupcake3-1.jpg

I finally heard back from Palmetto Animal League on Wednesday... Guess who is going to stay with me and be fostered until she is big enough for spaying? And since that won't be until she weighs 3lbs, so typically around 12 weeks, that means that Cupcake and I get to continue to hang out together until probably late July/early August now! They'll cover her medical stuff... exams, kitten shots, deworming, spaying, etc. So that's a blessing. I think I'm on my own for her food, but thankfully one little kitten doesn't eat much! Once she's spayed, she'll go to live in their adoption center (which is a really wonderful place for kitties... I'll take pictures sometime), so that she can find her forever family!

cupcake4-1.jpg

She's doing so good, ya'll. My work schedule isn't so much of a concern anymore. I've got her litterbox trained already! And as of this morning, she's started eating soft kitten food for me, so I leave that in her crate, and it's okay for me to be away from her all day. She still gets her bottle 3 times a day: In the morning, when I get home, and before I go to bed. In a week or so, I'll start slowly weaning her off the bottle until she's eating just from her bowl. She's also getting more active and playful. But she still loves to nap on/with me!

cupcake5-1.jpg

That's all I got for this week. I hope you all have a super fun and safe holiday weekend! :cutie:
I loved the Night Circus!

Really enjoyed reading about your solo trip report! Just now dipping my toe into the dis board. I'm scared I'll be sucked into a Disney black hole of information from which I'll never return! P.S. We have the same birthday!

Really enjoy your trip reports! :goodvibes

We head to WDW in 11 days, and our daughter doesn't know we are going. Thanks for sharing your trips so I can pretend to work on the computer :surfweb:while really obsessing over Disney!:jumping1:

In all your reading have you came across the book "The Nest". I've read the 1st chapter and I'm trying to decided if it's worth purchasing or just a lot of summer reading hype.

Hey girl, where you been at??? Surely you've had some ADR changes at least to report! Are you still making plans for the Run Disney event in February? If so do you have dates set yet????? Inquiring minds want to know!

Making all the rounds and saying all my howdys. :) Hope you're well, Billie!
Hello hello! I've dropped off the DIS lately! But otherwise, I'm just peachy! I hope you are, too! :hug:

Love your line up!
Me too! I can't wait to eat eat eat!

Yes!! This is what I mentioned in one of your other TR's. I think the December one?! See you in February as I will be doing my first 5K ever in Disney!
Yay, it'll be my first 5K ever, too! Hooray for us!

Hope you're doing well! And I'm hoping these new dining plan brochures aren't messing with your plans too much! I think we're going to try the dining plan in February (assuming I get registered for the race), and it seems like there is a lot more to choose from with the new changes, but I'm always interested to see what others think.
I always love the dining plan! I'm super excited because October will be my first time going DELUXE! So much nomming!

I may be asking about all the best snacks soon :P
Please ask away! You know Disney food is my favorite conversation topic!

I loved the Night Circus!
ME TOO! It took me by surprise, how much I loved it!

Really enjoyed reading about your solo trip report! Just now dipping my toe into the dis board. I'm scared I'll be sucked into a Disney black hole of information from which I'll never return! P.S. We have the same birthday!
YAY! Birthday twin! And welcome to the DIS!

Really enjoy your trip reports! :goodvibes

We head to WDW in 11 days, and our daughter doesn't know we are going. Thanks for sharing your trips so I can pretend to work on the computer :surfweb:while really obsessing over Disney!:jumping1:
OOH! You're leaving VERY SOON now, then! How super exciting!!! And I'm so glad you've been enjoying my TRs, too!

In all your reading have you came across the book "The Nest". I've read the 1st chapter and I'm trying to decided if it's worth purchasing or just a lot of summer reading hype.
I can't help you on this one, I'm afraid. I'm a big old nerd and read almost exclusively Fantasy genre books. Once in a very rare while I will step outside it, but it's a gotta be a pretty special book. In general, if a book's world doesn't have a magic system of some type, then I get pretty bored with it.

I think she is lost in a book somewhere.

The-Neverending-Story-Reading-Books.jpg
Me.

If she is being whisked to the land of Fantasia... I can't say as I blame her!
Actually, I've read "The Neverending Story" back when I was in high school... Even used it as the subject of a book report in my junior year. It's better than the first movie, and WAY WAY WAY better than the second movie (the plot of which is actually the second half of the book). I recommend getting lost in it!

I love the fact that you used this image. I wanted to marry Atreyu when I was little.
I was in LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE with bastian. ( I watched D.A.R.R.Y.L 9000 times)
Look at you ladies, fangirling up in my thread!

Did you see him now? Glad i didn't marry him:

BARRET-OLIVER1.jpg
Ew.

Yikes!! We can see who won that battle. I'm sure Bastian is someone's cup of tea but not mine.
Not mine either..
Shut up, I know you both wanna lick that enormous forehead while running your fingers through those dirty smelly dreadlocks. Don't even lie, ya'll.

Hey girl, where you been at??? Surely you've had some ADR changes at least to report! Are you still making plans for the Run Disney event in February? If so do you have dates set yet????? Inquiring minds want to know!
I poofed, I know! I'm about to do an update though, just to explain my absence! And nope, no more ADR changes since ya'll last heard from me! And yep, February 2017 AND October 2017 are both booked and happening! (I'm debating on when to start the PTR for the Feb. 2017 trip, since I can't even keep up with this one lately...) :scratchin

Since February has been mentioned before...
The prevailing theory is that Belle will be the princess featured at the 2017 races.

Here's the image that runDisney included in the registration reminder email:
qHodQMe1EAZtuiFIIp71c2MRvNqZiqqs9xbEVqYt434yylha6qxVylScGt0DPhoCXp1ntaEk1O8m6En086jxiYNy6dQ1UmDrpv-J8cBYWDPxhEPbUQDXG0sUQLM68z1Aj5ASzQgaJ-s=s0-d-e1-ft

It makes sense, especially because the live action movie is coming out in March 2017.

Just thought I'd share that information.

46 days until FP+! :cutie:
105 days until WDW!

So basically, here's what had happened: You all know that I do most of my DISing at work, because lazy. Well, somebody finally cottoned on to my screwin' around on company time, because one day I went to login, and THIS URL HAS BEEN BLOCKED blah blah blah. Oopsies! :sad1: At home in the evenings, I don't spend a lot of time on the computer usually. I'm either trying (and failing) to catch up with housework, or (as many already figured out) am lost in a book, or am dealing with my 2 darling well-behaved cats:

butters_1.jpg

harley.jpg

...And also my 1 insane foster kitten:

cupcake1.jpg

Speaking of Cupcake, AKA Murder Kitten, she's now 9 weeks old, super healthy, and completely full of violence:

violence.jpg

She's only a good girl when she's asleep. When she's awake, I can't even take pictures of her because she never holds still!

cupcake_sleep.jpg

But the three of them are getting along great, and despite her repeated attempts to rend the flesh from my bones, I've really enjoyed having her around this summer.

allthree.jpg

She's 2.4 lbs, so I figure by the end of this month, it'll be time to give her up. (At 3 lbs, the rescue I'm working with will spay her and send her to live in their adoption center so that she has a chance of being found by her new forever family!)

Okay, enough crazy cat lady chatter. I know what you all really want to hear about. Developments on the planning of this trip? Well guess what? TOO BAD BECAUSE THERE ARE NONE. Seriously. No ADR changes, nothing. I've mainly just been gathering up and/or buying new t-shirts and shorts and shoes to take with me, organizing my packing list and figuring out what I still need to buy/replace, and kinda flitting around in my head some ideas for what to grab when I do FP+ next month. Nothing worth writing about, though! SORRY!

I do have news about OTHER trips, though. When package bookings went live last month, you best believe I was on the phone first thing that morning, making my 2017 reservations!

BVStb13YiR5Qs.gif

February 20-25, 2017: Family trip, and the Princess 5K! My Aunt Debby and Uncle Mark will be joining me again for this trip, as well as their good friend Dorethea, and their oldest son's family: My cousin Nick, his wife Alex, and their 12-year-old daughter Ryann. (Dorethea, Alex, and Ryann all want to do the 5K with me, too!) So that's a total of 7 of us between four Preferred rooms at All-Star Movies! (It's the only Value resort that I haven't stayed at yet, so I'm using the opportunity to cross it off my bucket list, and it's a great budget-friendly option for everybody). And though I can't even keep up with this PTR, I might go ahead and start up the PTR for this February trip soon, if only so I can talk about... what else?... ADRs! Funnily enough, my FP+ date for October 2016 and my ADR date for February 2017 both fall during the SAME WEEK in August, so that's going to be an exciting (and sleepless) week for me!

October 10-15, 2017: This trip is purely to squeeze one more trip out of my annual pass before it expires! And this one will be SOLO! (I'm gonna need it after dealing with all them folks in February, whew!) Booked at Port Orleans Riverside, in a Garden-View Royal Guest room. Might end up adding a night to this trip. Or at least doing that thing I do where I drive down the night before and crash someplace cheap, then get an early start on my Disney fun the next morning. We'll see how savings and money and such goes, and I'll decide!

xT8qBfxbxaS8DRPnUY.gif

Okay, that's it for Disney news. The only other thing that I have to talk about is BOOKS. And since I've done so much reading since ya'll last heard from me over a month ago (I've actually read 15 books since my last update here), I'm just going to leave this link here, so you can explore all my recent reads. I would love to chat about them!

https://www.goodreads.com/user_challenges/5729864

6jgZwdHPy8BI4.gif

That's it! That's all I got! I'll try to get back here next week for some double-digit dancin', since it's almost that time! No promises on when I'll get caught up on your threads, given my new DISing situation, but I will do my best to figure out a solution, I promise!

3oEjHD7plNUEpmvFkY.gif

Last edited:
You all know that I do most of my DISing at work, because lazy. Well, somebody finally cottoned on to my screwin' around on company time, because one day I went to login, and THIS URL HAS BEEN BLOCKED blah blah blah. Oopsies!

Boo! How dare they! But I understand your evening situations. I have lofty goals of writing updates on my TR but I'm just too tired at night and Netflix and my book are calling my name...

February 20-25, 2017: Family trip, and the Princess 5K!

Yay! I'm tossing around the idea of a 5K or 10K at some point. I started the Couch to 5K program so maybe by 2018 I can hang with a 10K? But this sounds like a great trip! It should be lots of fun having everyone around to cheer you on!

October 10-15, 2017

YAY again! I'm think this will be perfect to balance out your big family trip. You can do Disney your way on this trip!

Actually, I've read "The Neverending Story" back when I was in high school... Even used it as the subject of a book report in my junior year. It's better than the first movie, and WAY WAY WAY better than the second movie (the plot of which is actually the second half of the book). I recommend getting lost in it!

This is one of my all time favorite books. The book has So much more in it! I almost named my first son Bastian..but my x - husband refused (of corse he wasn't my x then)

, somebody finally cottoned on to my screwin' around on company time, because one day I went to login, and THIS URL HAS BEEN BLOCKED blah blah blah. Oopsies!

Have you tried getting to the dis through Google search? My work blocks certain sights too but we have found a work around where if you Google it and then go to it from the link on Google it will pull up. Not that I am trying to get you in trouble or any thing... Lol

There you are! You've been missed. I figured you must be lost in a book somewhere. 15 books, now that's impressive.
Too bad about the work situation though.
Glad to hear that Cupcake is doing well.
And yay on booking two more trips! How exciting!

Well, somebody finally cottoned on to my screwin' around on company time, because one day I went to login, and THIS URL HAS BEEN BLOCKED blah blah blah. Oopsies!

That's pretty sneaky of them to do that to you. I have been guilty of doing that, too, but since I am in charge of the IT issues at work, I guess I'm safe. ;)

I can't wait for our fastpass window to open for our Oct 1st date. There are a couple new rides that I'm anxious to go on. And there is the new Star Wars show and whatever at AK. And there is a new castle show at MK to see. It is nice to have so many new things to look forward to. :)

We are trying two new restaurants - Narcossee for dinner and Kona Cafe for lunch. Our daughter ate at those restaurants last month and gave them high praise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter