Adulting is Hard, So I'm Running Away! ~ An Oct 2016 PTR ~ Update 10/19: Peace Out, Yo!

So exciting about the DDP! I can't wait to hear how yummy everything is.

Congrats on the WL! That's so awesome! I begin my WL journey tomorrow. I have a little less than a year until our next trip and I need to lose! I have had a lot of stress lately and I gained a bit in a few months. Boo.

The weather here has been GORGEOUS, so I've had to get outside and take advantage of it! Before too long it will be miserably hot and humid, so I try to revel in the nice Spring weather!

Whatever.
:cold:

Is this a hint, hmm? o_O

:wave2:

but I can't! I can't even really plan or shop for whatever I'm going to wear for MNSSHP,

OR you can think of it like this:
When your ready to buy all your awesome new clothes it will be the end of season SALE! More money saved is more money for Disney...

Now of course, this also gave me one 1 additional credit to plan for!

SO EXCITING!!! :jumping3:

Italia for Monsieur Paul.

Ohhh YUM........

and 40 pounds?!??! I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!
And you told me this didn't work for you... popcorn::

You ADR's plans look awesome. Makes me hungry :tilt:.
Congrats on the 40lbs that's awesome!! :thumbsup2I've really got to get busy with that before our trip in Dec. I'm seriously slacking.

So I counted up if I were using dining plan credits for all of my meals, including Signature, Regular Table, and Quick, how many credits would I use total? The Answer: 20. So it kinda became a no-brainer. I called right then and there, and UPGRADED TO THE DELUXE DINING PLAN!
That is excellent, thoroughly solid reasoning :thumbsup2. I can't wait to read your dining report! Wait, there will be a dining report? Right? RIGHT?! :upsidedow

I'm officially down 40 lbs now! WOO! Hoping to hit 45 by the end of the month... Fingers crossed!
Yeah! You can definitely do 5 more pounds by end of month! ::yes::

Speaking of all the weight I'm going to gain back while at Disney, I guess I should mention how much I've lost so far! I'm officially down 40 lbs now! WOO! Hoping to hit 45 by the end of the month... Fingers crossed! :goodvibes

Woohoo! Congratulations on that accomplishment!! Again, you are an inspiration!! ::yes::

I am super jealous of your ADR lineup too. Sounds like it's shaping up to be a FABULOUS trip!!!

I called right then and there, and UPGRADED TO THE DELUXE DINING PLAN! :eek:

Yay! Seems like the logical choice, obviously. And it's nice being able to order whatever you want versus paying out of pocket.

Extras (Out of Pocket)
Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party
Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party

I'm really thinking about trying one of these as well for October. It's not something that would be affordable as a family but I'm more willing to do it solo. Exciting that you'll be doing both!

Since I quite often have to order things, I don't want to just "wait and see" and then at the 11th hour, not be able to find anything. I've thought about just buying a size down from what I wear now, and hoping for the best... But if that doesn't work out, then I just spent a lot of trip money on stuff I can't even wear on the trip! I don't know what to do! :confused:

This is a big pain! I don't have any advice except to wait about 6 weeks before and order then. Most places ship within 2 weeks now. But it isn't such a bad problem to have, really! Great job!

However, I DID make a decision about the Annual Pass thing, mainly thanks to all of you guys' great feedback on my last post! I'm going to give it until late July. That's about 90 days prior to my trip. If I still haven't heard anything at work, I'll go ahead and buy it from Disney.

That's probably the most adult decision really. I don't think I would have the willpower to wait! But at least you'll 2 bands - one AP and one for your room stay. Purple and orange!!

I like Monsieur Paul as your final choice. The deluxe plan will be fun. And you'll get appetizers with all your meals, too. :)

Sooo excited to be joining you for this PTR! I am headed for my first solo trip in October, so I'm extra excited to be following along! You are so funny, I loved reading your older reports!

Way to goooo!! Although yes I can certainly see how that would throw a wrench into your wardrobe planning for the trip. I guess I would maybe just wait until the last minute you can realistically order stuff and still get it in time and see where you're at?? I know that will suck because some stuff you'd rather plan waaaay in advance because...it's fun of course...may have to wait a bit longer!! You Americans are pretty lucky though in that when ordering online you usually get stuff pretty quick, no? Not up here in Canada where it takes forever and a half to get anything online lol.
It does get here pretty quick, especially since I order pretty much everything from Amazon. The tricky thing with clothes is having time to send it back and exchange it for a different size if the first attempt doesn't fit right! Hence why I start thinking about these things so early!

I love your ADR list...how nice to be able to try soo many great restaurants and foods! I am looking forward to living vicariously!
I can't wait! And it's a good mix of new stuff and old favorites, too. The only thing I couldn't seem to squeeze in anywhere was dinner at Ohana. (And I still occaisonally look at the spreadsheet, hoping to have an epiphany that would enable me to work it in!)

Way to go on the weight loss!!! AWESOME!!!
Thank you!!!

I think you definitely made the right decision about the Deluxe Dining Plan. If I ever do a solo trip (and I hope to do one at some point in my life). I would probably go that route as well, because I would want to hit up every place I have ever wanted to eat at but didn't since I have a household of picky eaters!!!!
#solo4life :laughing:

Ahh!! This is so exciting! I dream of doing a short trip with any kind of dining plan just to try it, but the deluxe just seems so fun (appetizers, yum)!
I always take the regular Dining Plan. I'm a big fan of the concept of having most if not all of my meals already paid for in advance, even if it doesn't necessarily save me money! (Though I think it probably does, considering how much I love food and my propensity for inadvertently wanting the most expensive stuff on the menu...) :rolleyes1

Ooh, I'll be really wanting to hear about this one - it seems a little fancy for our tastes, but I'm still curious about it :)
I think that's part of why I'm excited about it. I've never done the whole fancy French restaurant thing! I'm considering this not just a meal, but a life EXPERIENCE! :cutie:

Woo hoo!!!! That's so wonderful! And post-Disney, I always find it helpful to remember that as long as I get back on track whatever I've "gained" from my trip usually drops back off pretty fast. Totally worth it for the Disney deliciousness in my opinion :)
Yep! I know I'm going to gain weight on my trip, and I've made my peace with that. I'll just come home, get back off carbs, get back on the treadmill, and lose it again! WORTH IT! :thumbsup2

I started the third one this week - it's all right, but I'm having a little bit of a hard time remembering what happened in the last one. That's what I get for getting behind :/ But her characters are really fabulous :)
When I get my hands on a series, I always read them back to back as if they are one solid book, and I don't stop until they're finished. Now when the 5th book comes out next year, I don't think I'll re-read the whole series (like I used do when anticipating the release of a new Harry Potter book), but I might re-read just the 4th book, or at least the last 10 or so chapters to get myself up to speed.

Now I'm thinking I need to give Tir Alainn another try - it wasn't my favorite, but maybe I need to just keep going like I did when Black Jewels seemed really confusing at first.
It's pretty good! It's definitely darker, like the Black Jewels was. I felt like Ephemera lost a little bit of that edginess, and that The Others lost a LOT of it. So it's been nice to experience that again!

Also, can't wait to hear about the Illuminations party! This is on my maybe list for a future trip, but I worry about the lack of actual seats. We've got the Wishes one booked for this upcoming trip, but I keep hearing mixed reviews because the assigned seating is gone :/ I don't really mind showing up early though, so I'm hoping that will get us a good seat - people watching at Disney is almost as fun as the rides :)
I roll out on an ECV... I always have a seat. :laughing: I just hate jockeying for a spot for fireworks veiwings, so I thought I would check both of these out on my big fat solo trip! And I don't mind showing up early, either!

Just reading that ADR list is making me hungry (not a good idea at 2am though)! Way to go on upgrading to Deluxe. I can not wait to read that DR.
It makes me hungry too, and I created it! :cloud9:

Whaaat? OMG! So much yummy noms!
It will be! FOOD FOOD FOOD! :hyper:

Amazing!! I'm so proud of you!
How are you doing with the treadmill ... any new progress?
Not really, but that's because I've switched to trying to progress super slow, instead of pushing myself hard like I was when I started and ended up aggravating my health conditions and having so much pain. I've decided that every two weeks, I'll increase my speed by .1 mph. I know that seems horribly slow, but the idea is to ease up, and hopefully my body won't even really notice the increases, and/or will at least adapt to them better. I'm only on week 3 of this new approach, but so far so good! It'll be slow-going, but I've got 10 months still!

Yeah. So. I call this the ugly side effect of losing weight.
Yes, clothing shopping can be fun, but while you're in the process, it's really hard to know what size to buy.
There are websites & apps out there that help you track your weight and can project based on your current rate of loss where you should be at a given date. I can't really recommend anything, because I just use MyFitnessPal (which is what I (theoretically) use to track my food, but see if you can find something that will do that. Once you have a number for where you might be at that point, it might be easier to take a guess at what size you should get.
It's hard to even guestimate, because really, anything couple happen in the next 6 months. Right now based on my current loss this year, I can estimate approximately 10 lbs a month long as I don't have any set-backs. That's approximately another 65 lbs... 100 lbs overall. I have NO CLUE what that means for me in regards to clothing sizes, though! That would actually put me at my lowest weight since I in 15 years or so! :eek: As much as I hate it, I'm going to have to hold off and see what happens with all this!

DUMBLEDORE!!!
(I just needed to say that)
His exasperated expression is just so perfect! :laughing:

Woo-hoo to the big 4-0 lbs!
Thanks! :goodvibes

I understand the buying new clothes thing when losing weight. It's been a # of years since I lost a considerable amount, but I did go through the same thing. And while it's a GREAT feeling to have to buy smaller sizes, it's not fun to have no clothes that fit properly. You'll figure it out :thumbsup2
The hardest part for me is I want to hold off on buying new clothes as long as humanly possible, because I have so much total to lose. My overall goal is 180 lbs, so it'll get VERY expensive if I'm buying new stuff every time I lose one size. So I kinda want to wait until I just have no choice. PLUS I have hung on to some items from over the years, so hopefully before too much longer I'll be able to fit back into some of my older clothes (like my favorite pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear for probably 5 years or so!)

Also, awesome about upgrading to the deluxe dining! We did the deluxe plan back in.....2010 I think? It was a lot of $$ but boy, did we have fun eating :hyper::hyper:
SO WORTH IT. Plus, because I'm getting an Annual Pass, I don't need Memory Maker anymore. So in the same phone call, I removed that from my package... So that was $149 bucks that offset my cost of upgrading to Deluxe Dining by a good chunk. Totally legit. Man, I love that good fuzzy Disney math! :teacher:

And this is why you are my Disney guru - such good planning combined with faultless reasoning :)

hero.gif
I can justify ANYTHING when I put my mind to it. :laughing:

That is fabulous girl! You are inspiring me - heading down to the treadmill after this post!
Thanks!!! :goodvibes

My bad influence decision - start looking for clothing that you love in your current size, especially if it can be accessorized by a cute belt to either work with your capris, or to cinch in your dresses or tops?
Sadly, I carry way too much of my weight in my middle for belts over things. It looks like the rings of Saturn around my belly. :rotfl:

So exciting about the DDP! I can't wait to hear how yummy everything is.
I can't wait to tell ya'll how yummy everything! :laughing:

Congrats on the WL! That's so awesome! I begin my WL journey tomorrow. I have a little less than a year until our next trip and I need to lose! I have had a lot of stress lately and I gained a bit in a few months. Boo.
Yes! I have set a goal of running the Princess 5K in February 2017, so 10 months from now, and I need to hit all my fitness goals by then! :thumbsup2

Whatever.
:cold:
Hater. :beach:

OR you can think of it like this:
When your ready to buy all your awesome new clothes it will be the end of season SALE! More money saved is more money for Disney...
While I love the idea of SALES, I tend to have really bad luck with end-of-season clearances... Seems like my size is never left in stock. :sad: Hence why I've learned to prepare in advance!

and 40 pounds?!??! I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!
And you told me this didn't work for you... popcorn::
It didn't, when I tried it as an undisciplined 20-year-old. :rotfl: I remember trying it for, like, a week. So I guess I really never gave it a fair shot until now! Everything in it's own time, right? :goodvibes

All I am going to say is YUMMMMMMMM...
WORD. :D

You ADR's plans look awesome. Makes me hungry :tilt:.
They make me hungry, too! Wait, no... I'm just forever hungry. :P

Congrats on the 40lbs that's awesome!! :thumbsup2I've really got to get busy with that before our trip in Dec. I'm seriously slacking.
You can do it! :-)

That is excellent, thoroughly solid reasoning :thumbsup2. I can't wait to read your dining report! Wait, there will be a dining report? Right? RIGHT?! :upsidedow
You bet your sweet katookus there's going to be a dining report! ::yes::

Yeah! You can definitely do 5 more pounds by end of month! ::yes::
Actually, I discovered this morning that I've already lost 1 of those 5 more lbs... Shhhh... :D

Woohoo! Congratulations on that accomplishment!! Again, you are an inspiration!! ::yes::
Thank you so much!! :-)

I am super jealous of your ADR lineup too. Sounds like it's shaping up to be a FABULOUS trip!!!
Fabulous food makes me super-duper happy! :hyper:

Yay! Seems like the logical choice, obviously. And it's nice being able to order whatever you want versus paying out of pocket.
Exaaaaaaaaactly. YUM! :thumbsup2

I'm really thinking about trying one of these as well for October. It's not something that would be affordable as a family but I'm more willing to do it solo. Exciting that you'll be doing both!
I've always been curious, so much as well check them out! #solo4life

This is a big pain! I don't have any advice except to wait about 6 weeks before and order then. Most places ship within 2 weeks now. But it isn't such a bad problem to have, really! Great job!
Yeah, that's kinda what I'm thinking too. I leave on October 20th, so I figure hopefully Sept. 1st will be a safe time to start shopping! :scratchin

That's probably the most adult decision really. I don't think I would have the willpower to wait! But at least you'll 2 bands - one AP and one for your room stay. Purple and orange!!
Nope, purple and pink! I've decided to say to heck with the orange one. For my Annual Pass, that band HAS to be pink... It's my favorite color, so it's the right thing to do! :cutie: So I switched the one for my resort stay to purple. :goodvibes

I like Monsieur Paul as your final choice. The deluxe plan will be fun. And you'll get appetizers with all your meals, too. :)
YAAASSSS! I love love love appetizers... Usually even on the regular dining plan, I will pay out-of-pocket for an app. So all in all, upgrading to the Deluxe Dining really does make the most sense for this trip!

Sooo excited to be joining you for this PTR! I am headed for my first solo trip in October, so I'm extra excited to be following along! You are so funny, I loved reading your older reports!
YAY! I'm so glad you decided to join in over here! :welcome:

I'm such a planner and I don't have anything to plan right now so I'm living vicariously through you! :)

I can't wait to hear about your ADRs!! I've read and loved your previous reports (non Stalkerish)! I'm always planning our next trip- excel sheets and all and I think I'm having withdrawals because we haven't set a date yet for the next one.

The only thing I couldn't seem to squeeze in anywhere was dinner at Ohana.

Hmmm I hope you can figure that out...I've always wanted to try dinner there - it looks and sounds so good from everything I have read. And I have done the breakfast there which was awesome, so I can only imagine how good the dinner must be!! Hopefully it works for you somehow!

I'm such a planner and I don't have anything to plan right now so I'm living vicariously through you! :)
I'm okay with that! I'm a uber planner, so I hope I can somehow help sate your planning thirst! :rotfl:

I can't wait to hear about your ADRs!! I've read and loved your previous reports (non Stalkerish)!
PFFT! Totally stalkerish! :tiptoe: But it's cool... I actually dig be stalked on the DIS! :laughing:

I'm always planning our next trip- excel sheets and all and I think I'm having withdrawals because we haven't set a date yet for the next one.
Oh man, my condolences. Not having a date set for the next trip make me itchy!!! :scared:

Hmmm I hope you can figure that out...I've always wanted to try dinner there - it looks and sounds so good from everything I have read. And I have done the breakfast there which was awesome, so I can only imagine how good the dinner must be!! Hopefully it works for you somehow!
I've pretty much given up on it. I've done dinner there many many times, and I love it. But I'm still doing Texas de Brazil on my arrival night, so I figure that will take the place of Ohana on this trip. MEAT MEAT MEAT!

I love your food options~ YUM!

YAHOO 40 pounds, i know it seems so frustrating to not be able to by anything right now, but i think you should look at it in a positive way, it means your doing great on your weight loss journey and will continue to do great!

I like the waiting till July idea, i think it s perfect middle ground, hopefully you will get them from work and the price will be lower!

You are going to have a great dining review from this trip! Photos please.

You are doing so well with your weight loss. I'm struggling with evening overeating. I do well until then.
Good problem to have for clothes shopping!

I love your food options~ YUM!
Me too! I wish that I were eating them... at Disney... RIGHT NOW! But I'm not. I'm at work. For another hour. On a gorgeous sunny Saturday. WHYYY?!?! :sad:

YAHOO 40 pounds, i know it seems so frustrating to not be able to by anything right now, but i think you should look at it in a positive way, it means your doing great on your weight loss journey and will continue to do great!
I know, and I don't mean to sound like I'm being negative about my weight loss, I'm not, I promise! I just really hate that I can't buy clothes or even plan a MNSSHP costume or outfit! These are very important things that require much advanced planning, dangit! :laughing:

I like the waiting till July idea, i think it s perfect middle ground, hopefully you will get them from work and the price will be lower!
I hope so too! Any money I can save on the AP is just more money for spending on the trip!

You are going to have a great dining review from this trip! Photos please.
There will DEFINITELY be a dining report! And I'm sure I will be better about taking pics than I was in December. I do much better remembering to photograph my food when I'm solo and not distracted by family!

You are doing so well with your weight loss. I'm struggling with evening overeating. I do well until then.
I'm struggling with just being FOREVER HUNGRY. And it's not as if I'm not eating enough, either. I eat plenty. I'm just ALWAYS HUNGRY. :sad2: But I think it's worse for me in the evenings/at night too, probably because at least during the day I can stay moderately distracted by work and other things. The hunger is still there, but it's easier to try to ignore it. But at night, starting about an hour after dinner, the desire to EAT EAT EAT constantly plagues me. I might snack a little bit (and only on low carb stuff), but I really try very hard to control myself! :scared:

Good problem to have for clothes shopping!
It's a good problem, yes, but I still don't like it! :rotfl:

UPGRADED TO THE DELUXE DINING PLAN! :eek:

Woo hoo! Now that is totally logical Disney math! You have some awesome places lined up. It's going to make for an amazing dining report for sure!

and ended up trading out Tutto Italia for Monsieur Paul.

I've never given Monsieur Paul much thought but I'm so excited you are going to try it out!

So here's my line-up, as it currently stands:

Very awesome! :thumbsup2

I'm officially down 40 lbs now!

Wow! That's fantastic!!!! You are kickin a$$!!

I'm finding this extremely difficult... since I have no idea what size I will be 6 months from now! I'd like to buy or make some Disney-themed

I usually have that problem, but it's more like " will this be too small for me to wear 6 months from now?":rotfl:

I'm going to give it until late July. That's about 90 days prior to my trip. If I still haven't heard anything at work, I'll go ahead and buy it from Disney. I think part of me is just itching to buy it NOW NOW NOW

Omg girl, the AP thing :hyper: DH got his and I'll upgrade my 6 day PH to an AP in June. Even getting the AP Magic Band is exciting!!! You're soooooo lucky you live within driving distance to DW! It's hard not to go for it when you've got the funds to do so.

Ahh I'm so far behind on your PTR!

First of all, your ADR plan look amazing as usual. I think I've got mine finalised - I just wish the day would come already - I don't think I can wait another week to start booking!

Second - well done of your weight loss. That is an awesome achievement and you should be super proud of yourself!

p883K.gif

I can relate to the clothes issue - one the one hand buying new clothes is expensive but on the other hand you end up with a whole new wardrobe!

If you want summer dresses can I suggest wrap dresses - that way if you lose more weight than expected they'll still fit :cutie:

When is your ADR date? It's gotta be soon! How exciting! I can't wait to find out how it goes! :hyper:

Brook made most of our ADRs on Wednesday, but will make a few more on the 20th!! SQUEEE!! Super excited! She had a fair amount of success, but not so much for others. Had to tweek some plans, and I'll be letting everyone know on the 20th, and all the contest points (not too late to play!) then.

I UPGRADED TO THE DELUXE DINING PLAN! :eek:

WHA....!?! You did not!

Really?! If it were a solo trip, I'd might do the same.

I'm officially down 40 lbs now! WOO!

:wishforty

NICELY DONE!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter