• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adult trip, need some idea's...

g-ma

Mouseketeer
We will be taking a 3 generation trip. It is my adult son I am worried about ( boredom, as if there is such a thing at WDW, lol.) Visiting all 4 parks and the ship. Any idea's for things he might enjoy??? Thanks!

It would help to know how old your son is. Are we talking about a 20 year old adult son or a 40 year old adult son?

There are tours, like "Backstage Magic" or the steam train one he might enjoy (whether he's 20 or 50, really -- LOL!) But like the previous poster said, we'd need some more info to be truly helpful -- age, likes/dislikes, and any other info you might want to share will help. :)

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

He's 26. Likes golf, golf, golf. LOL. He is very active (not a sitter, which is where you might find me. On a bench somewhere in the shade. :lmao:). That's why I worry about boredom.

The kiddie and character attractions are way too young. The rides too few. We keep hyping up Epcot to him (he's been there twice), saying he could sit in the pubs and drink the different beers. I'm not sure he's thrilled with this either.

He's a great guy. A fireman. Just no kids, no wife. Traveling with about 13 of us (family). He would rather be in Hawaii or Vegas (no gambling on the ship). This just isn't the vacation for him. We planned it as a family with the kids in mind. Of course, I, as grandma will be thrilled to watch the kids faces light up. I just hope there is enough to meet his needs. Disney is expensive and he conceeded to go. :confused3

Any help with idea's? What about DTD? Or the sports complex? Only have 2 days not in the parks or on the ship. Thanks!!!!!!!

My husband is a 29 year old firefighter and we went this past March (it was his 2nd time) and there was lots of things for him to do. We played golf one day at Magnolia golf course (but there are several to choose from). He doesn't have to have anyone to play with. My husband was paired up with another gentleman who was traveling with his family. Also Disney Quest was a lot of fun with all of the video games and virtual reality games. My husband could have spent hours there. I agree that he may enjoy EPCOT the most with all of the countries and the type of rides that are there.

Tell him to bring some patches or t-shirts from his fire station. There is a display in EPCOT that has a firetruck and then a bunch of patches from all over the country and he could also visit the other firehouses and trade...my husband likes to do that. He did that when we were in London.

Definitely check the schedule of events at the Wide World of Sports as there may be a game he could go see. Or he could check out the ESPN club on the Boardwalk. He'll probably like the rides at all of the parks and some of the shows (Lights Cameras Motors for example), he just may not want to make a whole day of it. If you get the Park Hopper with Water Park and More I think he can play at one of the golf courses several times with that ticket (I think its the 9 hole course, but you'd have to double check).

Hope you all have a great time. If it seems like he is bummed, I hope you don't let that bring you down and keep you from having a great time!

I agree with what the previous poster said and want to add that I think your son would like the Segway tour at EPCOT. He'd probably really enjoy riding around on a Segway and it's a unique experience for him.

Also, he can rent Sea Raycer boats, or take out a larger boat, or go fishing. There is horseback riding and parasailing, too. He could try to see how many times he can ride Expedition Everest in one day (it has a single rider line), or go to the water parks and do the water slides. Honestly, there is a ton of stuff to do. Tell him to go to Disney's web site and check it all out. :)

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

When we do adults trips we tend to focus more on sit down dining...Get set up at NArcosee's...Citrico's...Victoria and Alberts...Whispering Canyon...Ohana's...

We also enojy a little golf...and of course the Segway tour.

But you know...what really makes our Adult trips fun is how we suspend our disbelief and become 8 year olds for a week or so...Soak in all the world that is disney...not with adult eyes...but with the wonder of a kid. Just tell him to give into the magic and have fun...no one is watching.

Only have 2 days not in the parks or on the ship.

This would be the part that would concern me. I personally would be bored with the two days not in the parks or on the ship. Universal?

There is no way I, as a 43yo man, could be bored in the parks unless I was forced to spend alot of time not riding rides or seeing shows.

Thank You!!! You guys gave some great advice! :thumbsup2 It's funny, cause I pushed the 'family' issue and wanted all of us to go. As it turns out my daughter could not go then but the rest of us will. He is a little bummed, (you picked up on that did you,lol). I get that this is not his type of fun but I do so hope he has some fun each day.

My suggestions were to put on 'his uncle' hat and enjoy the children. I also reminded him that none of us is guaranteed another day, so be in the moment, and treasure the memories.

He said, he can have a good time anywhere...(good to know), however he wishes the money was being spent elsewhere. Oh well, what's a mother to do? Turn here??? LOL. For great advice! Thank you, honestly. Thank you!

I will check the sports complex schedule. Sea racers is a great idea. (we're staying at CB.) The fire patches, another plus. Are you able to put one on the truck? How does this work?

I've heard about the segway. What is it? How do you do it? Tell all...As for golf, will he need ressies before hand? Please tell me all you can think of for adult fun at epcot. Also does DTD still have night time bar type fun. LOL, I'm making him sound like he drinks all the time. :rotfl: He doesn't, but he will be on vacation.

o.k. all, keep those idea's comming. And thank you!!! :worship:

The whole gathering could hit up the Miniature Golf Courses.

My DH and I enjoy Fantasia Gardens, 2 courses to choose from.

I agree with the suggestion of a tour. Keys to the Kingdom at the
MK will give alot of info and maybe jump start the "magic."

Sea Racers, Para-sailing, Fishing...

There are a couple of bars, one I think is an Irish Pub. We didn't stop in for drink there since my husband and I like the one in the UK at EPCOT. There is also a piano bar Jellyrolls on the Boardwalk that we tried this last time and we had a good time there. I sure do miss the Adventurers Club and Comedy Warehouse though...those were my fav!

As for the patches, they are in this glass case, so he'd have to give it to someone so that they can put it on display there.

We've done the Segway tour at EPCOT and really enjoyed it. You get there and do a 1/2 hour to hour intro inside Innventions and then they take you out to the World Showcase before it opens and you get to roll around there. It was fun, I recommend it. Not an all day committment like some tours are.

Has anyone mentioned the fishing excursions. My husband splurged on one the last time. For $250 you get everything you need for 2 hours. If I remember correctly -you can take up to 5 on the pontoon boat. It was just me and my husband. I was happy drinking coffee and watching the MK open with all the families piling in. I think the guide was ecstatic he didn't have to babysit me and he got to fish alongside my husband.:confused3 The archery experience looks like a fun experience, we didn't have time for this.

We purchased the platinum plan for 3 nights and had a blast.
Dolphin encounter - my favorite experience
Aqua tour - snorkel
backstage magic tour - a little on the long side
Segway @ EPCOT - fun, I think I might have liked the one outdoors at the campground better.
Parasailing - fun, but you would want a group so you can laugh at each other
Golf + private lesson - my husbands favorite
La Nouba - fantastic
Full body massage - fantastic
Wishes firework cruise - fantastic and the entire group could probably go
Sea Raycers - fun but a little slow (do not rent at Downtown - they are even slower!)

THis was a fantastic trip for my husband so I know I can talk him into Platinum again in the future!:idea:

Here's all the info on the tours they offer.
http://allears.net/btp/tours.htm
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tours.htm

Check out info on Raglan Road, the restaurant/pub at Pleasure Island.
Great food, drinks and entertainment!
http://www.raglanroadirishpub.com/

Here's the entertainment schedule for the week.
It gets updated on Sunday, usually.
You can check it just before you get there.
I could easily spend days just watching all of the
live performances around the World Showcase in Epcot.
http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/index.htm

I haven't done the Kim Possible missions yet,
but it gets great reviews from adults as well as kids.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/epcot/ep-worldshowcase.htm#kim

You could always ask your son to be the official photographer. ;)

Have A Magical Trip! pixiedust:

Someone mentioned a few posts up to try Universal in the days off - he might get around all the less 'kiddy' stuff the days your in the parks (i personally still love all the kiddy stuff though hehe!) and generally i dont think men really grow out of the whole superhero thing - well my dbf hasn't! :lovestruc:lovestruc

I bet he'd love the Petty experience, but after all costs we're broke, lol.:lmao: Man, that is expensive, isn't it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter