Adult Trip - Must sees and dos

Lici

Earning My Ears
I'm planning an adult trip in January/February - what are the must sees and dos as an adult at WDW?

May I ask where you're staying and how often you go? Don't want to give you obvious ideas if you're familiar with the World.

Ive heard a lot about the illuminations boat trip, im going to try to set that up for December

The biggest benefit to not having kids with you is being able to take your time to see the little things, and at least for us, not trying to get in as many rides as possible. And you don't have to spend every day in a park. What we like to do is:

Explore the resorts in detail, look in the gift shops, enjoy a drink at the bar, etc.
For example, AKL has a great display about Martin and Osa Johnson plus authentic African art on each wing of each floor, not to mention the animals.

We like to take in the details at the countries in EPCOT.

Victoria and Albert's if you can.

The biggest benefit to not having kids with you is being able to take your time to see the little things, and at least for us, not trying to get in as many rides as possible. And you don't have to spend every day in a park.

I have to agree with this. Once you relax and stop trying to see it all during your first adult trip. You can just go where the parks take you and you'll start to notice things you just walked past before.. Take it all in, under plan a lot and be spontaneous. We only plan the would hate to miss things and do the rest as we feel it. We tend to check out a couple possible future resorts to stay in and try our some of their resturants (unless it's quick serve only). Fort Wilderness is a great relaxing day out with a lot of things unique to that resort/campground.

We do try to take a tour if any interest us. While costly some of the new vip tours are really fast to catch every ride an adult might care about (and some you may not) with no lines (technically unlimited fast pass and a vip tour guide/ride between parks using the staff entrances).

I'm a big fan of California Grill at the top of the contemporary. I've seen the dress code vary where you need to be a little more dressed than normal and it might be one of the restaurants you can't do with a meal plan. I haven't been there in a year or so. It's one of the best places to watch the magic kingdom fireworks since your on the 15th floor with a wall of glass to look out. You can even come back if you dined earlier in the day to watch. There are also a lot of new places/renovations/new ownership of resturants all around the resort the last year, especially with the rebuilding/changing of pleasure island to disney springs.

Get white-girl wasted.

But seriously, I would second the recommendation for a signature meal. If a reservation can be obtained, and it won't break the bank, Victoria & Albert's strikes me as the ultimate adult-only experience. If not an option, there is certainly no shortage of other fancy pants options.

I just learned that Epcot has the Ice Cream Martini, which is on my must-do list for our trip next month. Can't wait! :-)

How have I never heard of this? This is now going on the must taste list!

Back on topic, wine flights in Germany, alcoholic slushies in France, lapu lapus at the Tambu lounge, and sushi at Kimonos. One of our favorite grown up things is to hang out in bars at the Signature restaurants - at the Crew Cup for example, you can order of the Yachtsman menu, its first come/first seated, and laid back but with great food, service, and beverages. If you are a DVC member, then hit the TOTWL lounge at Bay Lake.

Yee ha Bob at PORS, free show ( I think 2 drink min) and he is really fun and engaging, even my stubborn exterior DH got a chuckle when the piano rocked back and forth. Taking a boat ride from one resort to the other. Dinner at Bluezoo in the Dolphin resort...my favorite meal of the entire year.

Picking out a pick-a-pearl in Japan and having it placed in a small ring band while you wait.

Sharing a Cannolli in Italy.

Holding hands during Wishes.

Laughing at the quick steps hubby takes to get on PoTC.

Enjoying watching TV ( Nat Geo specifically) while in a DVC studio at AKV...I mean watching TV is kida awesome at WDW for some reason. DH and I are relaxed, sometimes we see shows that we don't get at home and we are in our Happy Place.

Renting a movie from the gift shop later in the evening and making popcorn.

DH and I do not have children and we typically only vacation at Disney ( DH does not like to travel but I can always get him to WDW) once or twice a year for 7-10 nights each trip....we have it perfected....

Yee ha Bob at PORS, free show ( I think 2 drink min) and he is really fun and engaging, even my stubborn exterior DH got a chuckle when the piano rocked back and forth. Taking a boat ride from one resort to the other. Dinner at Bluezoo in the Dolphin resort...my favorite meal of the entire year.

Picking out a pick-a-pearl in Japan and having it placed in a small ring band while you wait.

Sharing a Cannolli in Italy.

Holding hands during Wishes.

Laughing at the quick steps hubby takes to get on PoTC.

Enjoying watching TV ( Nat Geo specifically) while in a DVC studio at AKV...I mean watching TV is kida awesome at WDW for some reason. DH and I are relaxed, sometimes we see shows that we don't get at home and we are in our Happy Place.

Renting a movie from the gift shop later in the evening and making popcorn.

DH and I do not have children and we typically only vacation at Disney ( DH does not like to travel but I can always get him to WDW) once or twice a year for 7-10 nights each trip....we have it perfected....

If there's a 2 drink minimum, nobody ever held me to it. I didn't order anything.

I just learned that Epcot has the Ice Cream Martini, which is on my must-do list for our trip next month. Can't wait! :-)

Lordy! I'm one day solo before meeting my mom and already wondering if I am going to try the advocado martini or another one in Mexico now I have to add ice cream into the mix. Perhaps I'll try both LOL

Avocado (or favourite flavour) Margarita at La Cava in Epcot.
Macaron (ice cream sammy) at L'Artisan des Glaces in Epcot's France Pavilion.
Any of the half and half beers at Rose & Crown Pub in Epcot.
Dinner at Raglan Road at Disney Springs (Downtown Disney).
Appies at Yak & Yeti table service (in the restaurant or at the bar) in AK. Share the wonton dessert.
New Trader Sams at the Poly.
Sanaa Restaurant (lunch or dinner) at Kidani Village Resort (go behind the Resort to view animals).
Chicken Waffle Sammy at Sleepy Hollow stand in MK.
Sum of All Fears (build your own roller coaster experience) in Epcot's Future World.
Boat ride from Epcot's International Gate to the Boardwalk area.
Boat ride from Port Orleans Resort or Port Orleans French Quarter to Disney Springs (Downtown Disney).
Boat ride from MK to Fort Wilderness to explore the grounds. Maybe see the horse stables.
Territory Lounge at the Wilderness Lodge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter