• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adult trick or treating

Heather and PTWolfman, I'm with you. Halloween isn't just for kids. One thing I've noticed on these boards is there is a lot of good advice. There are also a lot of rude people. I've seen snobby remarks from the same people on many threads. If you want to dress up and go trick or treating on the cruise, then do it. The people who don't agree -- you don't know them and will never see them again. Don't let it ruin your fun. I plan on dressing up and I just may trick or treat. But if I decide not to, it's because I won't feel like it; not because other people don't feel I should.

So you would just dress up and go knocking on stateroom doors expecting a treat? If I were getting ready for dinner or getting my kids ready for bed, I would not be happy if people were randomly knocking at my stateroom door.

Hopefully, they will bring back the trick or treat map and stations they had in previous years. They just didn't do it last year.

We are booked on a Halloween cruise and received a message from Disney about Halloween activities, but no mention of Trick or treating for kids at all!?

Last year, there was none. I specifically called and asked before I booked and the representative told me there would be, but there wasn't. On Halloween I went to guest services to see if I was missing something on the Navigator, but she said no. That everyone was coming down asking about trick or treating but there was none. In fact, there were mostly only adult activities planned on Halloween. So, as an adult, it was fun and activity filled. As a kid, it was a huge let-down.

We received this email from DCL regarding our October 18 repo cruise on the Magic from San Juan to Port Canaveral. The email was titled, "Halloween on the High Seas."

Dear ****,

Thank you for choosing a Disney Cruise Line vacation. We look forward to sailing with you and want to take this opportunity to share with you some important information as you prepare to pack for your vacation. You'll want to make room for your costume, as we'll be celebrating Halloween on the High Seas with themed offerings during your sailing.

Halloween on the High Seas is a fleet-wide celebration that includes themed events and activities along with a costume contest for adult Guests and a special costume parade for children.

Though not required, we encourage Guests of all ages to bring along their costumes and join in our expanded Halloween celebration. From spellbinding stories, fun-filled family entertainment and yummy treats, we've tried to think of everything to make these voyages special. While there will be themed activities throughout the cruise, on one evening, children will receive candy treat bags in their staterooms that they can bring along to a special party to collect even more treats. On this same evening, prizes will be awarded to our adult costume contest participants based on the following categories:

Funniest Most Spooky
Best Group Most Original
Most Disney

More information on themed events, times and locations will be available onboard in the Personal Navigator that will be delivered to your stateroom.

Please remember that while all Guests are invited to wear costumes, we ask that you choose costumes that are not obstructive or offensive. To avoid any disappointment or delay in the boarding process, we ask that when considering costume options you refrain from bringing toys or props that resemble guns, knives or other related implements, as these items will not be allowed onboard.

Again, we look forward to sailing with you and hope you have a magical cruise.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line

So you would just dress up and go knocking on stateroom doors expecting a treat? If I were getting ready for dinner or getting my kids ready for bed, I would not be happy if people were randomly knocking at my stateroom door. Hopefully, they will bring back the trick or treat map and stations they had in previous years. They just didn't do it last year.

I didn't interpret it that way at all-just randomly knocking on staterooms. wjo would bring candy for a whole ship?!?! I interpreted it as them talking about a dcl trick or treating event.

I just booked the October 11th cruise on the Magic and was wondering if there will be any Halloween activities on this cruise?

In the past, before DCL started doing much for Halloween, the meet groups organized a trick or treat & costume contest for everyone in the group. It was run much like the FE, only with a certain time set for people to go to only the doors on the list that was distributed from the DISers who signed up to give out treats.

So you would just dress up and go knocking on stateroom doors expecting a treat? If I were getting ready for dinner or getting my kids ready for bed, I would not be happy if people were randomly knocking at my stateroom door.

Uh....no. I can't imagine anyone thinking it's going stateroom to stateroom. Several thousand pieces of candy to hand out? Let's think about this.

I didn't interpret it that way at all-just randomly knocking on staterooms. wjo would bring candy for a whole ship?!?! I interpreted it as them talking about a dcl trick or treating event.

Right, but what I was saying is, last year on the Fantasy on Oct 31, there was NO DCL trick or treating event. So I don't know how someone could just dress up and go trick or treating on a ship that does not have a planned trick or treating event. The room stewards handed out a wrinkly muppets bag with candy in it to each child and that was the extent of trick or treating on the Fantasy last year. DCL told me before we sailed that there would be trick or treating, but apparently that just meant a bag of treats delivered to your stateroom. Not the same IMO.

My travel agent received the same information from DCL that I did prior to sailing. She happened to be on a different ship and was also very disappointed at the lack of Halloween for the kids, and lack of trick or treating. She said many people were upset and lots of TA's were writing to disney about their unhappy clients. Hopefully, there will be some sort of event this year.

Last year, there was none. I specifically called and asked before I booked and the representative told me there would be, but there wasn't. On Halloween I went to guest services to see if I was missing something on the Navigator, but she said no. That everyone was coming down asking about trick or treating but there was none. In fact, there were mostly only adult activities planned on Halloween. So, as an adult, it was fun and activity filled. As a kid, it was a huge let-down.

We sailed the fantasy on Halloween last year and there was no trick or treating, just bags of candy left in the room for the kids. My parents we in an adjoining adult only room and had no candy. We asked why no trick or treating and they said the reason was food allergies. My kids were so disappointed in the lack of Halloween events that occur on the ship vs MNSSHP the asked that we don't cruise over Halloween again. We choose November 7 in hopes of seeing early Christmas decor. It really was disappointing when you consider what Disney could have done.

It's not my thing, but if adults what to dress up and go to a party, have at it. In my opinion no one over the age of 13 or 14 should be trick or treating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter