Adult themed Food and Wine scavenger hunt questions?

stasijane

Crazed one
I am planning on being down at the Food and Wine festival in October where I will meet up with about 10 friends for a meet. Since we will all be down there to enjoy the food and wine festival I would like to come up with a list of questions that we can have fun doing while we are there and I am hoping to get some great ideas from here. I am not creative and only have these so far that I found during a search.

1. What is the street address number of La Hacienda de San Angel?

2. What is an Innis and Gunn?

3. What animal can be found above the entrance to Via Napoli in the Italy pavilion?

Is the intent to give folks a reason to go to each pavilion? Or get a DRINK at each pavilion?

Could try "Which King is featured at Norway?" (Olaf II),

"What does the big clock in Germany do?" (boy and a girl ring a bell) if you don't want them to have to time a visit to that pavilion in order to watch the clock, you can ask what the statue there shows (St George slaying a dragon).

Get a picture with Jasmine in Morocco? (men will appreciate a reason to do this :P

Play the drums at the African Outpost.

Which has darker beer, Germany or England? (I suspect Guinness will win this, but strike that one and it would be a fun contest! During F&W you could include the Sam Adams booth)

How many people play the drums in Japan? (I have no idea, do they still have that show?)

How many bagpipers play in "Off-Kilter"? (I have no idea about this either, may be zero, but everyone should see the show :)

I love scavenger hunts!

You can add more adult-ish things if you like Divide into equal teams and make sure each team a either a digital camera or a phone capable of taking photos and video. In order to count as a point, ALL pictures/videos must be taken on the same devise to keep teams from splitting up and cheating. Team members should alternate in the photos so that everyone can join in the fun. Set a time limit and meeting point. Teams that are late to the meeting point will be deducted points.

Worth one point:

Take a picture of a teammate eating a snack from any of the F&W booths. You can receive one point per cart.

American Adventure Coffee Cart Africa Argentina
Australia Belgium Brazil Brewer's Collection
Canada Cheese China Craft Beers
Desserts and Champagne Florida Local
France Germany Greece Hawaii
Hops and Barley Ireland Italy Japan
Mexico Morocco New Zealand
Poland Refreshment Port Scotland Singapore
South Korea Terra

Worth two points
Have one or more teammates take a picture:

Mexico:
Wearing a sombrero
Posing with fountain inside the pavilion
Photo with a margarita menu (Try the most adventurous one, if you like)

Norway:
Wearing Viking horns
Posing like a Viking next to the Viking statue

China:
Posing with a lion statue
Posing with something that represents their Chinese zodiac sign. (Visit the shop in China to find out what your symbol is)

Germany:
Posing like a statue in Germany
Holding beer stein. Prost!

Italy
Tossing a coin into a fountain
Posing on a bridge
Hailing a gondola

The American Adventure
Posing with the American Adventure sign
Posing in the rotunda

Japan
Posing with a food inspired gift from the department store
Posting pensively in a garden

Morocco
Posing with a fountain
Posing with a camel
Holding a lamp (extra points if a genie comes out)

France
Holding the Effie Tower (Hint: Visit the gift shop to do this)
Posing the bridge with France in the background

United Kingdom
Having a conversation in the phone booths
Holding something with the Royal Family on it
Inside Rose and Crown Pub (Stay for a drink if you wish)

Canada
Posing like the totem pole
Wearing a hat from Northwest Mercantile (+1 point if the hat has a moose)
Standing by the entrance to Le Cellier

Worth three points:

Video of a Disney character telling you their favorite food
Video of a cast member teaching your group a toast in their own language
Video of your group performing a song on the drums at the African Outpost

Bonus +5
Have a group picture taken in each pavilion (To get the five extra points, you must have a picture from each pavilion and all teammates must be visible in each picture)

If anyone is interested, I created a Food and Wine Scavenger Hunt scorecard over the weekend. I got really excited making the list I posted earlier and decided to just go all out.

ScavengerHunt.png

If you would like to download a high-quality version, I have a printable version up on my blog: www.blog.carissadesigns.com. Feel free to download and use it during the Festival!

I love these! We are going next weekend for my sisters birthday. I am going to change this up to be a birthday party scavenger hunt. There won't be a lot of us so I may set it up as a check list and then take the pictures after our trip and make a book for her. I will also need to either add child friendly activities to the list or make a separate card for my daughter. A lot of the ideas would work for both but the more I add the more she will be entertained.

Thanks! This is AWESOME. We were supposed to do a scavenger hunt during our last family vacation but we never got to it. We are going to WDW in a few weeks and this could be a lot of fun.

If anyone is interested, I created a Food and Wine Scavenger Hunt scorecard over the weekend. I got really excited making the list I posted earlier and decided to just go all out.

ScavengerHunt.png

If you would like to download a high-quality version, I have a printable version up on my blog: www.blog.carissadesigns.com. Feel free to download and use it during the Festival!

This is AWESOME!! Thanks! I'm going down for my first F&W trip this year. Hopefully many more to follow! :drinking1

Is the intent to give folks a reason to go to each pavilion? Or get a DRINK at each pavilion?

Could try "Which King is featured at Norway?" (Olaf II),

"What does the big clock in Germany do?" (boy and a girl ring a bell) if you don't want them to have to time a visit to that pavilion in order to watch the clock, you can ask what the statue there shows (St George slaying a dragon).

Get a picture with Jasmine in Morocco? (men will appreciate a reason to do this :P

Play the drums at the African Outpost.

Which has darker beer, Germany or England? (I suspect Guinness will win this, but strike that one and it would be a fun contest! During F&W you could include the Sam Adams booth)

How many people play the drums in Japan? (I have no idea, do they still have that show?)

How many bagpipers play in "Off-Kilter"? (I have no idea about this either, may be zero, but everyone should see the show :)

We will all already be at Epcot for some reason or another. It dont have to do with drinking as not all of us drink. I would just like something we can all look for while we are there. Thanks for the questions you gave those are great :thumbsup2

I'm planning an Amazing Race around WS for my trip and have some questions you may be able to borrow - and several other people listed their ideas on the thread as well. Here is the link to my questions and 2 other posts of ideas that people left on the thread in case you find them useful:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3125470
http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=48723281&postcount=24
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3089876

Thanks a lot. I plan on looking into these on my next day off. :goodvibes

ScavengerHunt.png

This is just cool, you really did do a lot of work on this.

I'm so glad you guys like the scavenger hunt! I had a lot of fun making it! I'm thinking of doing a couple more before DBF and I leave on our trip. Maybe a princess or pirate themed one for Magic Kingdom. It's a great outlet for my excess Disney energy as I enter the home stretch of the countdown. :)

I used adobe illustratior to create it.

This is awesome!
I would not mind one that could be used by a couple traveling with just each other instead of groups.

This is awesome!
I would not mind one that could be used by a couple traveling with just each other instead of groups.

You could use this as a couple. You wouldn't be competing against anyone, so the points wouldn't matter (like "Whose Line is it Anyway"). Just check things off as you complete them and keep the photos as a fun memory. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter