adult size costume sources for BBB

bostong

Earning My Ears
My 8 year old will be doing the bibbidi boutique while we visit but she wears a size 14/16 and can't wear the Disney store dresses any more. Most of the halloween costumes are really cheap and crappy. Are there any sources for better quality (not necessarily theater quality) Disney princess dresses? Belle is her favorite.

We've had good luck at Spirit halloween stores. They have stores all over the place and they also have a website. Usually there is a 20% off coupon on their main page, and free shipping on most orders. Most items on the website have customer reviews to help with sizing and quality concerns.

I'd also suggest etsy.com
There are many people who sell costumes there and can make one to her measurements.

Unless your child is very tall, most of the adult size dresses will be too long, have the waist too low and have too long of sleeves. Plus, they are made for women or teens with developed bodies - developed chest, waist smaller than hip, etc.
When I've been shopping, ive seen lots of parents and kids shopping in the Jr. and Misses Department and not finding anything that fits for those reasons.
So, if she mostly needs wider than the biggest children's size, the adult sizes probably won't fit any better without alteration.

I agree that the adult costumes will not fit right. My dd is also a 14/16 and I get where you are coming from. Too big for kids costumes and too small for an adult one. It is so frustrating!! When we went last year I ended up having a dress made for her from someone on etsy. I know that that is not always an option though. I wish you luck in your search.

Just for size comparisons, my DD13 can wear some 14/16 jeans and also wears a size 4 in Adult sizes. She is about 5'2".

Thanks I'm not too worried about fit, we have purchased some other women's costumes for plays and such and try are fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter