• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adult rain shoes...

For the Keen lovers here, could you post a link to what pair you like? Maybe I just had bad luck with the Teva (and maybe the keen's will look less silly with socks).

Here's the link to the pair I have (I have the nile/neutral grey color.)

http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/product/ss12/shoes/women/waterfront/whisper/nile! neutral grey

I LOVE them - and my feet do not get hot in them at all (and I wore them to Disney in August when the temps were sweltering.)

for a guy who would rather be hung by his thumbs than wear flip-flops, sandals or Crocs. (that would be me) And for my wife, who has no issue with sandals. (but then she has cute girl feet) I did a quick search and didn't find any threads that seemed particularly helpful.

Our basic shoes are New Balance with good socks, and we each have two pair, so that's covered. We're taking several spare changes of socks, so a shower or two isn't an issue. It's those days where the sky just decides to open up and dump all day that concern me.

Any suggestions here?

Keens!! We were just there in a 3 day monsoon. As soon as the rain stopped my feet dried so quick! They are comfortable and no soreness at all! Highly highly recommend!

My dh has 2 pr of the Keen Newport H2, which he wears for casual and for fording water while hiking.

I have the Keen Newport H2, which is kind of clunky for a girl, and the Venice, which is a little better. But I LOVE my Whispers, which were not available the first time I bought Keens. I wore the Whispers the 4 days that we did parks in the rain a few weeks ago, and they were great.

Also, having worn both Teva and Keen, I don't think they are the same at all. The Keens almost always have a toe cover, which makes them a little clunky, but sure saved my kids' toes when they had them. They also make much better hiking sandals.

I love my Keens. It poured for half our trip there and my feet were fine. When the rain stopped, my keens dried fairly quickly. Was never uncomfortable. My DS has a pair of Tevas (waterproof hiking shoes, can't remember which pair) for scouts and they do his feet well. Pair them with a pair of wool socks (dry quickly) and he's fine when he gets caught out in the rain.

I agree that Teva's and Keens are NOT the same. Not at all.

I only wear the Keen St Barts. It's the only shoes I wear except for work/dress up shoes. :) I have at least 10 pair. Not counting the many that have worn out over the years that are now thrown away :)

Unfortunately they are not making this style right now (they do that with this style - they make it for a year, then quit for a year, then it comes back, then it goes away, etc.), but I can still get them from different places on the internet that have old stock or off of ebay. I buy several at a time and just keep them in the box for when I need a new pair. But they are SO lightweight (much more so than the Venice or Whisper) and they have tremendous support and with so few straps they are super cool. I have never ever had a blister from them even when brand new. And as I said, I've had quite a few brand new pair! :teeth:

I often save my old pairs for wearing out in the garden to work in the dirt, or to wear as aquasocks for going in the ocean. I hate the idea of stepping on jellyfish or shells or whatever so I wear them in the ocean. They are just perfect, IMO. :teeth:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/ke...i0hZqf7LACFSQDQAodqWckxg&codes-processed=true

But I have the world's worst feet (I was born with very bad clubbed feet and they are also flat, flat, flat) and I have trouble walking without good shoes. These Keens make it possible for me to do EVERYTHING I want. I can walk at Disney endlessly with no pain and that makes a world of difference in the quality of my vacation (and my life in general!). I have no idea what I will do if they ever stop making these shoes..... ;)

Oh, and DH wears Venice H2s. Those have been his summer shoes for many years now. He has them both in leather and the webbing material.

I wish I could wear Keens, but the second I tried them on I knew I couldn't. My arch is at a weird place and the vast vast majority of athletic shoes do not fit me. I have to try on literally dozens of pairs of sneakers to find a pair for the gym.

Same problem with Tevas.

I took a pair of Timberland shoes that are a similar style and don't have an arch support on my recent trip, and got a blood blister on my heel.

So, I ended up wearing Crocs the rest of the trip as they were the only shoes that didn't put crazy pressure on my heel. They do make more stylish type crocs than the typical ones you see, they even have Crocs sneakers now. Something to consider if you find the Keens/Tevas don't work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter