Adult only time at resort pools?

ecwinch

Earning My Ears
Do any of the resorts restrict the hrs that children can use the pool (accompanied by an adult of course)? Something like an adult only time.

I know sometimes we leave the park late, and want to know if the kids are restricted from using the pools after a certain time before closing. This is at the DVC Beach Club Villas.

Thanks in advance with any help answering this question!

Last edited:
Most over on the DIS Adults/Solo section want:
Adult only time in the pools
and
Adult only time in the parks

Also an adult section on the ships, though it's not always enforced (at least it wasn't on my last cruise in November on the Magic).

I would love the idea of adult pool time, but never going to happen. Even if it did, it wouldn't be enforced. Disney makes rules, but never enforces them.....

Can't agree with this. If I was a parent staying DVC and they told me that my kids can't use the pool after 10 PM, I'd still be pretty steamed about it.

Kids are and always will be a part of Disney World, whether I'm there with my kids or just DW and I, that's just fine. If I want somewhere for adults only, I'll go elsewhere. (Or go to Jellyrolls!)

Do any of the resorts restrict the hrs that children can use the pool (accompanied by an adult of course)? Something like an adult only time.

I know sometimes we leave the park late, and want to know if the kids are restricted from using the pools after a certain time before closing. This is at the DVC Beach Club Villas.

Thanks in advance with any help answering this question!

There is a "quiet pool" at Beach Club that doesn't get much play. You could check that out...it is very close to the boardwalk path to Epcot...most people walk right by and don't realize it's there.

Not that it helps, but there is an adult only pool and infinity hot tub at Aluani...and the rule is strictly enforced.

Also an adult section on the ships, though it's not always enforced (at least it wasn't on my last cruise in November on the Magic).

I would love the idea of adult pool time, but never going to happen. Even if it did, it wouldn't be enforced. Disney makes rules, but never enforces them.....

We were on the Magic also in late fall....but was impressed by how strict they were enforcing the adults only rule in the adults only section.

But I agree, it would be kind of wrong to keep kids out of pools....although my own personal opinion is that late night swims should not be a time for screeching, hooting and hollering.

Didn't WDW change the pool rules? I thought swimming after 10 pm is no longer allowed...not that I would know, because that is past my bedtime.

While there are signs, we find the times are not enforced. We were at the BCV 2 weeks ago (seems like ages ago!). We had a pool view and folks were in the pool well into midnight many nights. Not sure what times were posted. They didn't really bother me as we were on the fourth floor.

........(snip).........But I agree, it would be kind of wrong to keep kids out of pools....although my own personal opinion is that late night swims should not be a time for screeching, hooting and hollering............

If there is noise after posted hours, you can just call security and they will come and remove the offenders. I've seen them do it, but in my limited experience, it has been adults in the hot tubs that were doing the "screeching, hooting and hollering". :teeth:

Most of the pools are open until 11PM. After that, as long as you swim quietly and no one knows you are there, you might be okay. But if you are noisy, someone is going to complain and get you thrown out.

Most of the neighborhood pools tend to be quieter, even fewer kids at times of the day. And no pool games/pool party there either. Also less chance of a biological accident, too.

Is it true that Aulani has the "Adults ONLY " Quiet Pool ? We were there Summer 2012 and it WAS NOT like that BUT NOW it is. Just would like some confirmation.

There is a "quiet pool" at Beach Club that doesn't get much play. You could check that out...it is very close to the boardwalk path to Epcot...most people walk right by and don't realize it's there.

The pool over on the inn side of BWV is almost always quiet as well.

When we were on the Fantasy, the drunks in the adult pool were as bad as kids - but they did restrict the pool to adults - it just wasn't exactly quiet near the pool.

Is it true that Aulani has the "Adults ONLY " Quiet Pool ? We were there Summer 2012 and it WAS NOT like that BUT NOW it is. Just would like some confirmation.

Yes, adults only pool and also the infinity hot tub. We always used the adult area in Feb/March.

Yes, adults only pool and also the infinity hot tub. We always used the adult area in Feb/March.

YES!!!! Looking forward to using the infinity hot tub with NO kids!!! I love kids (have 2 really BIG guys of my own) but NOW there are so many other spots for all ages of kids to hang out that perhaps the adults only can enjoy the nice relaxing view !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter