Adult only on the Dream

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by aggroamerican, Jun 22, 2013.

1. aggroamerican

aggroamerican Earning My Ears

My DH and I are going on the Dream in January? We have sailed DCL 4 times previously, so we feel we know the ropes. However, this time we are without kids! We are looking forward to actually seeing the adult only areas. We are concierge and are planning on booking a cabana. We had cabana #5 on the FB in 2011. We are interested in serenity bay. What can you tell me about that? We also are debating staying on the ship at Nassau or Blue Lagoon beach day. What are everybody's suggestions? Feeling like a newbie because its the first time without kids and we are excited! TIA!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jkburns

jkburns Mouseketeer

My SO and I are doing the same thing later this fall. I would be interested in this info as well.

Thanks.

4. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

My DH and I went on the Dream a few weeks ago without our kids and had a blast. :thumbsup2

We loved visiting Serenity Bay and being able to stay for more than 30 minutes.

I am writing a trip report if you are interested.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3121863

5. brewcrew

brewcrew Mouseketeer

You will have so much fun! We went on the 3 day dream for our 20th anniversary. No kids. We had SO much fun! Serenity Bay was nice but we did not get a cabana. We did go to the Skyline bar every night. We also went to Remy-the best food that I have ever eaten! We got the Rainforest Pass and those heated lounge chairs were awesome! Enjoy yourself!

6. aggroamerican

aggroamerican Earning My Ears

I am reading your report? Now I am really excited to go ADULTS ONLY!

7. Castillo Mom

Castillo Mom DIS Veteran

There a lots of adult only activities on the ship such as the different wine tastings, mixology, etc. My sister and I got off the ship in Nassau and did the dolphin experience and had a great time. We weren't able to get a cabana on CC since we booked the cruise last minute but had a wonderful time at SB. We did spend some time snorkeling and then just enjoyed the surf and sand, had a nice lunch at the BBQ and of course drinks!

If you feel adventurous you can also try parasailing or do the kayaking excursion. Have fun planning!

8. Dis_Yoda

Dis_Yoda DIS Veteran

My husband and I don't have children so every cruise we have had has been adult only. It truly is relaxing! We loved hanging in the spa or sun deck or doing the cocktail classes.

9. lovedisney123

lovedisney123 Mouseketeer

I think it would be fun to go on an adult only cruise with DH. We haven't tried it yet, but I do think it will happen one day.

10. cris0809

cris0809 Might be why the rum is always gone

Count us among the "never having sailed with kids" group.

Mixology is fun if you like cocktails. We also enjoy spending some time in the District Lounge for drinks and music. A day of Rainforest passes in the spa is also a relaxing respite.

If you want a cabana, go for it, but we've never felt the need. Especially at Serenity Bay, it's never very crowded.

11. kalc12345

kalc12345 DIS Veteran

In March we went without the kids for our anniversary. It was amazing!! We got to check out all the adult areas and eat at Palos. Things we don't get to do when we cruise with the kids (they don't do the clubs). We had the best time!!!