• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adult hot tubs now close at 10 pm?! Anyone else upset?!

One thing I heard from a DCL representative is that there may be people in the rooms below the pool decks complaining that there is too much noise with what I can only assume is the pool pumps running. And if there are more people complaining about the noise than are swimming they will probably just close the pools. The lifeguard arguement works for the kids pool, but not the quiet cove pool.

On our last cruise someone told us that they did that because someone got drunk and drowned in the hot tub. Not sure there is truth to that but that was the reasoning for closing them earlier that was given to us.

On our last cruise someone told us that they did that because someone got drunk and drowned in the hot tub. Not sure there is truth to that but that was the reasoning for closing them earlier that was given to us.
While this could have happened, it could truly have happened any time of the day since there are no lifeguards in the adult area, the only thing that would prevent it is there are usually many other guests in the pool area in the day that could see it and save the person. Not sure this is a good reason to close the pools earlier, the adult areas are swim at your own risk.

I am surprised that this hasn't come out if it happened, generally a drowning on board makes the events at sea list or CLN.

One thing I heard from a DCL representative is that there may be people in the rooms below the pool decks complaining that there is too much noise with what I can only assume is the pool pumps running. And if there are more people complaining about the noise than are swimming they will probably just close the pools. The lifeguard arguement works for the kids pool, but not the quiet cove pool.
We stayed under the pool deck one time, and believe me, it was not the hot tubs that created the noise. The deck chairs being put out at 5am is what caused the noise.

We stayed under the pool deck one time, and believe me, it was not the hot tubs that created the noise. The deck chairs being put out at 5am is what caused the noise.

Agree, it really sounds like they give it their best to drag each and every chair. We had a room once on deck 8 on the Magic and said we would never do it again. Our sweet spot for the classics is deck 5 or 6 which makes it easy to get to everything.

Agree, it really sounds like they give it their best to drag each and every chair. We had a room once on deck 8 on the Magic and said we would never do it again. Our sweet spot for the classics is deck 5 or 6 which makes it easy to get to everything.
I don't know how they make it so noisy. We got a great price due to a glitch on a 5A GTY on the Fantasy so we took what was given to us. But I won't stay directly under the pool deck ever again. We also like deck 6 on the Magic because of the sideways cabins.

We are doing a B2B in a sideways cabin next year on the Magic. We had one last year and absolutely loved it. Our adult daughter will be staying with us, and that layout will work out perfect for the 3 of us.

Had that been the case I feel very sure it would have been all over the social media boards at the very least.

I feel like it was, in April there has a huge thread about a drowning on the Fantasy. I'm not a hot tub person but walking around you notice nobody follows the rules it says on every hot tub in the world no kids no booze and people just ignore it. However just add this to the growing list of stuff being taken away on dcl

Had that been the case I feel very sure it would have been all over the social media boards at the very least.
Boy, 6, drowns on cruise ship

"The body of a 41-year-old man was found last month in a hot tub aboard the same ship where Hunter died, and he also apparently drowned. Michael Moses Ward had been a survivor of the 1985 bombing of the militant group MOVE in Philadelphia.

On a Disney cruise last year, a small boy nearly drowned. Still, drownings are infrequent even though cruise ships are not required to have lifeguards on duty, according to Ross Klein, who runs cruisejunkie.com and is a sociologist at Memorial University of Newfoundland in Canada."

Only news I could find about a hot tub drowning. (2013)

The usual suspects will find this hilarious. My husband, who really does adore me, suggested that the 19 year-old gentlemen who staff the decks late in the evening are being scandalized by our crazy old broad behavior, and "are most likely Catholic."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter