Adult food Allergies..

KAR3600

DVC Member since 1996 - Cruising is the best part!
Do you let the wait staff know or do you note in online check in?

you can note it on your reservation...& the head waiter will have it when you go to the MDR the first night...

Do you let the wait staff know or do you note in online check in?

You should call DCl now and have it noted in your reservation. Then, when you board the ship, you will meet with your head server and the chef to work up a diet plan for your cruise.

Every night, at the end of dinner, you will get the menu for the next evening to pre-order, giving the chef time to make adjustments for you.

:cutie:

I have food allergies and noted this on my reservation last year. The first night at dinner, our waiter asked if we had any food allergies (so I think he had been given a "heads up" about this). I informed him of my allergies, he took our orders and then went to kitchen to check for possible allergens in the food. He came back with our Maitre'd and let me know what I could and couldn't eat. Every night the two of them checked the food for possible food allergies for me. At breakfast. lunch, buffets and quick service venues, I asked for the chef and he could tell me if any of the food had the items I am allergic to in them. They are very accomodating, just like as WDW.

You should do both. Have it noted on your reservation now, and the head waiter should approach you about it on the first night. THey will review your needs with you, and have a chef talk with you if needed. A lot depends on how complex your allergy needs are.

On the first day, lunch will be a buffet. You will need to let the CM at the entryway know--they will get a head server who will advise you thru this meal.

Yes, have it put on your reservation, but do not assume that shoreside will pass the info to the ship. I have a severe allergy to bananas and this was added to our reservation. I was surprised that this was not mentioned at the first dinner so I asked our server if he had been made aware. He had not and was very shocked. He then arranged for it to be updated on the system and that everybody who needed to know was informed. I had never previously told them as banana is a fairly easy allergen to manage myself. I only told them as we did a Hawaii cruise and there was a risk of hidden banana for Hawaiian inspired menus. It was handled beautifully. On the day we had the rotational menu at Parrot Cay I had my own safe bread basket and on a few occasions our server stopped me from ordering certain desserts as he either knew for sure that they would not be safe for me or could not guarantee their safety due to possible cross-contamination. Our head server never got involved.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter