Adult FE gift without breaking the bank

dapod423

Mouseketeer
If you are on my 10/1 Magic cruise stop reading......unless you want to know your gift

So tell me if you think this is a good idea. I have already come up with things for the kids, tattoos and color your own beach balls, yada yada. But for the adults I am stuck. I want to do something that represents where I am from. Then I remembered that we make some pretty good Potato chips on the North Fork of Long Island. They are delicious and I could order a case and send it ahead. But here are my questions.... Is this a good gift? And how do I send it ahead? If you don't think it's a good idea do you have any ideas??? I'm trying to come up with something good but running out of time!!!!!

I think its a very good idea, I know that lots of people like regional things and I sure know we would. I'm not sure if you are thinking of sending it ahead to the ship or ahead to your hotel. It's my understanding that you can't ship any food products ahead to the ship itself, so you might want to look into that. Good luck :goodvibes

As above, you can't ship food ahead. It sounds yummy, but it would have to be in your luggage. Any sort of candy/munchies are always good for teens and adults. We've also gotten CDs of cruise music, empty photo albums (from some very crafty people), tree ornaments with a cruise theme, etc. Ummm....glow sticks for pirate night are another big hit--check the dollar store.

THanks guys. I didn't know you couldn't ship food ahead to the ship. Back to the drawing board. I already have the kids covered I just need adults! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shame that you can't ship food onto the boat; if you're staying at a hotel the night before, perhaps you can ship it there and bring it on as luggage.

I think food gifts, particularly regional stuff, is excellent as an FE gift. Nothing to have to carry home! And you know you're going to get the munchies at some point on the cruise, lol.

I did excatly as the OP said on my last cruise. I shipped 48 bottles of White Zinfandel for the adults on my FE to my hotel. I put personalized labels on them. I put them in a carry on the day of the cruise. My arm almost fell off carrying them around but I think they all enjoyed them.

Oh and the bottles were 187 mL :rotfl:

I want to sail with folks like you!!!

I'm tired of Oriental Trading junk......LOL! I love the more unusual gifts and hope that I give them, too!

I love that idea! If I came back to the room after an afternoon on an excursion or at the pool, munchies from your hometown would be a welcomed treat!

We are cruising the same week as you and I changed what I had done in the past for FE gifts. I tried to think back to the ones that I still have or look at that bring me happy memories of our previous cruises. I am thrilled with any and all gifts, but some stand out from others and are memorable. Your local chips sound perfect!

Have a great cruise!

So it looks like the chips will not work out. I am flying in that morning and not staying at a hotel the night before. Bummer!!!! I feel alot of pressure to come up with something good.

I made mini magnets, I was able to fit 16 on one page.
Tote bags, you can personalize or not.
I also made excursion bags (hand sanitized,bandaids, sand brush,) what ever you want to put un it.

I made playing cards. You can design them on http://www.artscow.com I put the cruise date and a cool cruise pic. But make sure to use the free ship code. If not the shipping is very expensive.

THanks guys. I didn't know you couldn't ship food ahead to the ship. Back to the drawing board. I already have the kids covered I just need adults! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just ship some of your stuff to the ship to save space in your luggage for the chips. Then on the way home you will have plenty of room because the chips will have been enjoyed!

Tricia's Mom--- I sent you a PM.

So I think I figured something out. I was at the Disney outlet yesterday and saw these steel water bottles that said " I 'heart' NY" except that the heart was a Mickey head. They are a little more than I want to spend. But I REALLY like them and can use a coupon and my Disney rewards Visa discount and they shouldn't be too bad. I will definitely have to ship them ahead. How do i do that??????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter