adult entertainment???

goofycruise

Earning My Ears
for all of yous who have been on a cruise what kind of things are there for adults to do at night ? is there comedians etc? i need info to let my male non disney cruisers know , they are ready to back out because they think it will be to much "disney" not enough fun:confused3

goofy go to google and look up some Navigators for the length of cruise that you are taking. They will give you the best idea of what goes on at night. Depending on the cruise length there could be comedians, karaoke, dance parties, piano tribute shows, adult humorous scavenger hunts....all kinds of things

is each cruise completely different? we are going on a 7 day caribean cruise if that makes a difference? i will look at navigators though

if anyone can tell me specifics that they did ~ would be appreciated thanks

i remember a lot of quiet bars at night. This in 2004 though so maybe the have livened up the night life a bit since then.

is each cruise completely different? we are going on a 7 day caribean cruise if that makes a difference? i will look at navigators though

if anyone can tell me specifics that they did ~ would be appreciated thanks

The cruises are different based on how long they are, where they are going, the dates of the cruise. They rotate entertainers off and on the ship so there are no definites as to who will be there and who won't. But by looking at a 7 night navigator to your destinations, you can get a good idea of what will be going on.

For example on the 7 night eastern navigator that I just looked at that I found through google, on the first night these were the adult activites:

Piano and vocal favorites
Magic Quest Scavenger Hunt
College Club Social
Match your mate game
And a DJ with Dance party

On night two there was

Singles mingle
Wheel of fortune game show
Adult cabaret with a comedian and hypnotist
Pinao and vocal faves
Disco legends dance party

As you can see, each night will be different. But also the cruises will be different based on when they are happening, what entertainment groups are onboard, the length of the cruise, the cruise destination etc.

The 3 and 4 day entertainment is VERY limited! Because no professional entertainment (other than piano player in Cadillac lounge) is available, there are very very few people in the lounges,bars. We were on the WONDER a few weeks ago and there were 15 people in the Cadillac, 1 person in Diversions, and 22 in WAVEBANDS. Not much so we headed for the sack early!!

That's why they have kid's club. You check the youngens into the Kid's Club, go back to your room with your sweetie, hang the 'do not disturb' sign on the door and you have adult entertainment. :-)

:lmao:funny however i need to "entertain" all males in group ~ i'm not that kind of girl lol:lmao:

Well then they'll probably be disappointed....one way or another:rolleyes1

If I was looking for night-life/party crowd....these aren't the ships for the average (young?) male. I'm 35 and wouldn't do one of these as a "party" cruise. I think most things close down around midnight. It's pretty laid back and relaxing which works out great when taking the kids somewhere...

Well then they'll probably be disappointed....one way or another:rolleyes1

If I was looking for night-life/party crowd....these aren't the ships for the average (young?) male. I'm 35 and wouldn't do one of these as a "party" cruise. I think most things close down around midnight. It's pretty laid back and relaxing which works out great when taking the kids somewhere...

We are going in a week with 4 adults in our early 30's and mid 20's and none of us have kids. We like the entertainment on Disney. But, while we do enjoy music and club dancing etc, we also don't want it to feel like a college spring break trip, so it is perfect for us. :goodvibes

i agree we're not big "party" people , things ending at midnight is good for me because of the shore excursions you don't want to be hung over and getting up at 1pm half your day would be lost

they're interested in knowing about comedians , and they adult shows , are they good? or kinda cheesey?

i would think its disney they are not gonna have some crap comedian but i need to reassure my guys!

what do you recommend / not recommend?

On our seven night Eastern, each night at 10:15 there was an 'adult' show in the Rocking D Bar, followed by a themed night of dancing. The shows were very good in MHO, however, as soon as they were over most adults high-tailed it out of there. The cruise staff worked really hard to make each night fun, and it was, if you stayed. It just amazed my DH and I how everyone took off. The bars are open till 2am. Rockin D had a house band everynight.
The scavenger hunt, and 'how well do you know your mate' were hysterical on the first night. The Alfred and Seymore were and overflow crowd that had to be seated in Diversions and watched on a video screen. We enjoyed ourselves.

Hope you do too.

As Disney do soooo many thinks right, in my opinion they have not got this right yet. We were last on board at Christmas on the Wonder and it was not the best, a magician, not the best and a dance party after. The piano bar was fine, although as I said to the entertainment director, Brent "If you want to know why I will not be cruising with Disney in 5 years then this is it, the adult entertainment. We think John Charles is great, but we have seen them a few times, similar Rich Papura the comedian again funny but not every time we cruise. Hopefully it will be better for our Barcelona-Dover and then the WBTA. This is my IMHO which I know some people don't share.

We were on a 4 night on the Wonder in 2008 and there was a 2 man Comedian Show for the Adults in one of the bars. The comedy was adult in nature without all the profanity, which is something I really appreciated. We came in late to the show & the only seats available were right up front, so they started to pick on us right away. It takes a lot to get my DH to crack a smile, so he ended up being the brunt of alot of their jokes, trying to make him laugh. DH is very good at holding a straight face and it drove them just about crazy. I almost wet myself, I was laughing so hard. Everyone in the place was hysterical, because they could see that as soon as the guys turned away DH would smile, but as soon as they turned back to him the straight face was on again. Quite a few passengers came up to us the next day & asked if he was part of the act & if he wasn't they should have paid him anyway, because they got such a kick out of him.

I was on the 4 night wonder this past December and they had a comedian/juggler for a night time adults only show. It was great. In looking at other navigators, it seems there is an entertainer on many of the cruises.

This was one area we did not take as much advantage as we should have on our 7 day Eastern in March.

We did go the last three nights to the late night cabaret in Rockin Bar D. It was a lot of fun with the entertainers doing their version of adult Disney (adult themes, with crass language or mental imagery). My only complaint with those shows were they were too short. Having an adult crowd, I think Disney could allow the acts to go a little longer - it seemed once things got going into a nice rhythm, the show was over.

However, after the adult show, the house band came in and a dance party took over. As mentioned previously most people (including ourselves most nights) bail out after a few songs. We were flat out exhausted from a full day of activity, so earlier nights were the norm.

That said - if you are not hard partying types - you will enjoy the night time festivities.

for all of yous who have been on a cruise what kind of things are there for adults to do at night ? is there comedians etc? i need info to let my male non disney cruisers know , they are ready to back out because they think it will be to much "disney" not enough fun:confused3

My in-laws were with us and they loved spending time with their grandkids, but said the late-night cruise activities were not their cup of tea.

They are avid cruisers and prefer smaller vessels with mostly adults. My father-in-law said he wanted to dance cheek-to-cheek with his wife, but the piano lounge didn't really have dancing and the disco was not for them.

Also, the mid-day movies are kid flicks.

They did like theater shows.

Even the shows at night that aren't labeled 'adult' are usually pretty good. We saw a pupeteer/ventriloquist that was awesome. Yeah stuff was geared at the kids but there my cheeks hurt from laughing so much.

We like to hang out - so for us sitting in one of the lounges & listening to music was great. Another thing to take advantage of is the Ariel screen. The NCAA tourney was going on while we were on-board so the kids were in the pool & we sat watching them & the b-ball game on the really big screen. There was no-body else up there - it was great (& no bar line either)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter