Adult drinks

Belledisney

Mouseketeer
Hello all, so I'm getting really close to my first DW trip. I'm looking for some good drinks around Disney. Hotels or parks anything maybe some secrets or something.
I know about the around the world drinking and can't wait to do that.
Thanks in advance. :thanks:

Most of the signature restaurants have lounges where you'll find drinks that are a bit better, you can often manage to grab a seat at the lounge without needing a reservation for the restaurant so I'd encourage that. Beyond that, La Cava Del Tequila is explicitly worth a mention even though it's part of the world at EPCOT, and then Trader Sam's over at Polynesian is a great experience as well.

Oh boy, where do I begin?

It all depends what you like. I you like craft beer no place that I've been to in WDW has a crazy amount of taps however here and there you'll find some IPAs and some good stouts. Best beer you can find at pretty much every bar is Yuengling. Yuengling is one of my favorite go to easy drinking beers and it's not available in many states because it is a small brewery. If you've never had it give it a go.

If you like whiskey most bars have makers mark and some blended scotches like Johnny Walker. Don't order Johnny Blue it's good but it is way overpriced. In addition they have your Jim beam and Jack but opt for the makers its a much better whiskey.

Cocktails now that's a can of worms. My top cocktails are as follows:

-Lapu Lapu at the Poly comes in a hollowed out pineapple and its strong. It is a rum based drink that is sweet refreshing and makes you feel like you could play the ukulele and sing with the guy at Ohana.

-Classic Margarita at La Cava in the Mexico Pavilion. Made with good tequila and the don't skimp on it. Get it on the rocks and if you're adventurous ask for the chili and salt rim.

-Welsh Dragon in the UK pavilion. It's bright green and looks like antifreeze but it tastes so good. It has a lot of melon liquor in it and is very fruity but can be very sweet. If you get one grab some fish and chips, the salt will even it out.

-Hurricane at Riverside. I love Nola and my girlfriend's family is from Nola so a classic hurricane is always a good go to. Super strong drink but delicious. They top theirs with southern comfort which isn't normal but it is still great. Passion Fruit based with a lot of different booze in it.

-The Nautilus at Trader Sam's in the Poly. Made for sharing it is very tasty plus the atmosphere at Sam's is top notch. Be prepared to wait to get in.

Hope this helps and have fun.

It all depends what you like. I you like craft beer no place that I've been to in WDW has a crazy amount of taps however here and there you'll find some IPAs and some good stouts. Best beer you can find at pretty much every bar is Yuengling. Yuengling is one of my favorite go to easy drinking beers and it's not available in many states because it is a small brewery. If you've never had it give it a go.

If you like whiskey most bars have makers mark and some blended scotches like Johnny Walker. Don't order Johnny Blue it's good but it is way overpriced. In addition they have your Jim beam and Jack but opt for the makers its a much better whiskey.

-Lapu Lapu at the Poly comes in a hollowed out pineapple and its strong. It is a rum based drink that is sweet refreshing and makes you feel like you could play the ukulele and sing with the guy at Ohana.

-Classic Margarita at La Cava in the Mexico Pavilion. Made with good tequila and the don't skimp on it. Get it on the rocks and if you're adventurous ask for the chili and salt rim.

-Welsh Dragon in the UK pavilion. It's bright green and looks like antifreeze but it tastes so good. It has a lot of melon liquor in it and is very fruity but can be very sweet. If you get one grab some fish and chips, the salt will even it out.

-Hurricane at Riverside. I love Nola and my girlfriend's family is from Nola so a classic hurricane is always a good go to. Super strong drink but delicious. They top theirs with southern comfort which isn't normal but it is still great. Passion Fruit based with a lot of different booze in it.

-The Nautilus at Trader Sam's in the Poly. Made for sharing it is very tasty plus the atmosphere at Sam's is top notch. Be prepared to wait to get in.

Hope this helps and have fun.
Oh thank you so much for the tips ! I really appreciate it! We love our drinks strong so that really helps us lushes haha! We know where to get good drinks in DL but I have no idea where to get some good ones there so I will
Definitely try those out.
We do have Yuengling here! I'm not a huge fan I think because it was so hyped up! But I agree it is light And I don't mind it! I enjoy beer though! So I am down to try anything.

And thanks everyone else for you tips! I will probably try everything out. :)

Oh thank you so much for the tips ! I really appreciate it! We love our drinks strong so that really helps us lushes haha! We know where to get good drinks in DL but I have no idea where to get some good ones there so I will
Definitely try those out.
We do have Yuengling here! I'm not a huge fan I think because it was so hyped up! But I agree it is light And I don't mind it! I enjoy beer though! So I am down to try anything.

And thanks everyone else for you tips! I will probably try everything out. :)

Well I'm from PA and that's where the brewery is so I'm a little biased haha. Hope you like them all. And skip the grapefruit beer in Germany if you like your drinks with a kick. Pretty sure it's sub 3% Abv.

Love it, well said! :rotfl:One of my all time favorite drinks on property.

My personal favorites besides the Lapu Lapu, of course, are the Italian Margarita (frozen from the gelato stand or on the rocks inside from Tutto Gusto), Orange Slush from France (if you want even more of a kick, ask for it 'Supersized' with an extra shot!), any of the margaritas from La Cava, African Bloody Mary from Dawa (their African margarita used to be my go-to until they began premixing them from the machine), frozen Yak Attack from the beverage window to the right side of the Yak & Yeti QS if you're in the mood for something sweet with a surprising amount of alcohol for a pre-mixed drink, and a Banana Cabana from almost any full service lounge on property. I've found that High Octane Refreshments in DHS generally has a strong pour but since the QS it's attached to will be closing or has already this also may close..not sure?

Some things I've learned throughout the years being an AP & going as often as I can: when there is the same beer served at multiple locations in a country & the line is super long, the further back in the pavilion you go, the less busy it may be & even a bit cheaper than the outside kiosks. Examples are beer in Germany & Norway. Carlsberg beer is not a Norwegian beer but I find it to be smooth & light. Sometimes the line at the kiosk in Norway can get long since they also serve soft drinks & ice cream but the beer is also served inside at the bakery & the line has generally always gone pretty quickly when I'm in there. You can find a couple of the same beer at the kiosks in Germany & also inside the QS, Somerfest (get the Nudel Gratin there as a snack which serves as a small meal for me).

Among my favorite draft beers are La Fin Du Monde from the popcorn cart in Canada & Innis & Gun from the beer cart in the UK. Raglan Road has an excellent selection of beer & drinks in general & a really fun atmosphere.

Enjoy & one last tip: Drink Water in between! Take advantage of free ice waters to go from full service bars & QS's.

Cheers! :drinking1

Thanks for all your tips everyone. We're just on our way back and I tried most of these drinks! I also found a watermelon mimosa in AK I was a huge fan of.

Awesome! Glad to help. :)

I read about that watermelon mimosa from Dawa bar in AK & it does sound amazing! It seems like a fairly recent addition to the menu. Thanks for the heads up!

I do love the Lapu Lapu at the Poly, as well. But a few other "resort" bars are fun! The River Roost Lounge at POR has fun entertainment, kind of like a piano bar, nice couches and a fire place while you drink! I also enjoyed the Mizner's Lounge, last 4th of July, for having drinks and listening to Jazz (the Jazz band is just outside the bar) before the fireworks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter