Adult costume contest prize

imbelle

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know what kind of prize(s) they give on the Halloween cruises adult costume contest? Some of my choices are more elaborate than others and I don't want to haul a lot of extra gear for the possibility of a free drink, especially since I'm a teetotaler.

People have reported different things, but on the Wonder in 2013 it was the Mickey winner medals and small plastic trophies.

I don't think the prize was very big on our last cruise, but I have to say, you will probably have to go all out to win. The adult costumes in the contest were AMAZING. Someone was in a full body Chewbacca costume that was movie quality and there were other equally impressive and/or creative costumes.

Exactly my thoughts. I'm not packing a full body Chewbacca suit for a plastic medal. The 1st DCL cruise I was on the prize in the trivia contest was a free cruise but those days are long gone. Thanks for the responses.

I won first place on the Disney Dream 2 years ago! I received a small trophy, which I accidentally left in the stateroom. DCL lost and found was not able to recover it for me. So no, packing a Chewbacca costume wouldn't be worth it. Happy Sailing!!!

They were also giving out the "genuine plastic trophies" on our Halloween cruise in 2015. I went ALL OUT with our costumes and while we were finalists, we didn't win.

Two years ago it was a small trophy about 5" tall. Whatever it is, it's a small memento type thing of little but "fun" value.
I received the same trophy but dated 2016 instead. They had 3 categories. The most Disney. the best family and the most Spooky. I won the spooky contest category.

I just changed my January cruise (because of work) to an October cruise and I'm curious for those of you that won the costume contest what your costumes where. Pictures would be appreciated.

I just changed my January cruise (because of work) to an October cruise and I'm curious for those of you that won the costume contest what your costumes where. Pictures would be appreciated.

In 2014 My wife and I, her mother and a friend of her mother, were on the Magic on Halloween night. The only thing that came to mind that one guy and three gorgeous ladies could dress up as were Hugh Hefner and three Playboy Bunnies. Easy to pack and easy to wear costumes. I think our fellow cruisers appreciated the ladies hutzpah.

We had a very fun time with the night and all of the great people on board. We were also celebrating my MIL's 80th birthday!

The people who won in our category were dressed as servers from Animator's Palate. Where they acquired the fabric for the vests, I don't know. They were an older couple and the costume was very cute.

Initially CMs choose the finalists and then the final winner is determined by a show of applause. The couple dressed as bellhops from Tower of Terror were also very popular. Even in the non-Disney categories, the Disney costumes got the most applause.

We came in second in the Funniest category last year. Dh and I were dressed as referees and carried a deflated football (Chip and Dale loved our costumes, lol). The guy who won was dressed up as a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader. Hard to compete with that ;) He received one of the plastic trophies and I think a CD or DVD of something (don't recall exactly).

I won first place on the Disney Dream 2 years ago! I received a small trophy, which I accidentally left in the stateroom. DCL lost and found was not able to recover it for me. So no, packing a Chewbacca costume wouldn't be worth it. Happy Sailing!!![/I will be packing my full lenight Belle yellow gown inculding a six hoop skirt and full petticoat. I do not care if I win anything or not. I love to dress up !!!!!!

We won the same trophy as Bettyscruise did, but dated 2016 when my wife and I won Most Original costumes on the inaugural 8-night Western Caribbean cruise on Disney Fantasy last week. Also, our daughter won a button saying Most Original Costume from Edge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter