Adult Beverages???

unionville

DIS Veteran
What alcoholic beverages are available at Discovery Cove? Husband is not a huge budweiser fan and wondered about the options.

I know at SW you can go to the Sharks Grill, there's a bar there to get mixed drinks. All the stands sell bud, bud light, bud light with lime, and I think a couple others, but not sure. I have no clue about Discovery Cove though.

I just wonder why it's so hard for a person to go a whole day without drinking something. I worked at MK for a while and the complaints about it being a dry park were endless.

I just wonder why it's so hard for a person to go a whole day without drinking something. I worked at MK for a while and the complaints about it being a dry park were endless.

I find, as an adult, that having a beer on a hot day is a pleasurable experience.

I know at SW you can go to the Sharks Grill, there's a bar there to get mixed drinks. All the stands sell bud, bud light, bud light with lime, and I think a couple others, but not sure. I have no clue about Discovery Cove though.

wow judgemental much? It's not going a whole day, it's going a WHOLE VACATION DAY! As a healthy, svelte person, I save up calories and etc for when I want to drink and eat (generally during vacations). It's not like it's one "every day" day. It's my freaking vacation!

I understand it's your vacation. But growing up in Florida and in the summer heat (and spending lots of time at the beach, especially the air and sea show), I've been told repeatedly how bad it is for your body to drink alcohol on a hot day.

I like to drink occasionally as well, and have since I was 18 (go Canada). So I have no qualms to a drink, but I'd rather be sitting some place with friends talking and enjoying myself. Not walking around a hot park all day, trying to "cool" myself off with a drink.

Sorry to have caused this - I was just asking about beverage choices. Yes, my husband and I are 40 and can actually go an entire day without a drink. But it's vacation and we plan to make the decision to enjoy ourselves. We will NOT be walking around a hot park all day - the question referred to our nice relaxing day at Discovery Cove. The last time I went to Sea World (the park) during the summer, I vowed to never return in the heat of July. I needed a really strong drink by the time I got back to my room that day!

well I gave you the only answer I knew of for Sea World. I figured since you were going to DC, you'd also be using the option to visit Sea World and Aquatica for the following days.

I found this after some Googling, it's a list of all the alcoholic beverages they offer. I'm not sure how up-to-date it is, but at least it's a start. :)

Anheuser-Busch Beverages
Budweiser / Bud Light Bottle $4.75
Budweiser / Bud Light Draft $3.49 / $4.49
Michelob Ultra Bottle $4.00
Michelob Ultra Draft $3.69 / $4.69
O'Doul's Bottle $3.75
Bacardi Silver / Bacardi 03 $5.50
Doc's Hard Lemon Bottle $5.25

Tropical Frozen Specialties

Kahlua Cabana $4.99
-kahlua, cream de cocoa, cream of coconut, rum and half & half
Paradise Sunrise $4.99
-orange & pineapple juice, cream of coconut, grenadine, vodka and triple sec

WOW even this turns into an arguement? LOL Sometimes I feel like I need chainmail and a shield to be on DIS!

I dunno, it's one of those things that if it's there it's there, if it's not it's not. I didn't know you planned ahead on these things...

It's not really any different than people planning out what they're going to eat for the day. If I'm on vacation, I like to know in advance what drinks I can enjoy while I'm there.

Wow - but I guess you should always expect some sort of judgmental response on here...

At DC, at the bar next to the ray pool, you can get aluminum bottles of Bud, Bud Lite, Bud Light with Lime, and Michelob Ultra. At the bar over next to the Dolphin swim, you can get draft options that included Budwiser and Shock Top wheat beer (I think). I was told that there was no draft at the bar next to the ray pool because they would have to haul the kegs across the sand. ;)

And, heck yes on the beer! On vacation? Included in the price? Yes, please! Keep teetotaling judgments to yourself unless someone is sloppy drunk or harming you in some way.

Wow - but I guess you should always expect some sort of judgmental response on here...

At DC, at the bar next to the ray pool, you can get aluminum bottles of Bud, Bud Lite, Bud Light with Lime, and Michelob Ultra. At the bar over next to the Dolphin swim, you can get draft options that included Budwiser and Shock Top wheat beer (I think). I was told that there was no draft at the bar next to the ray pool because they would have to haul the kegs across the sand. ;)

And, heck yes on the beer! On vacation? Included in the price? Yes, please! Keep teetotaling judgments to yourself unless someone is sloppy drunk or harming you in some way.

Thank you for this great information. Exactly what I was looking for!!!

Sounds like a nice selection, and seeing as it's our wedding anniversary that day I may partake in a few bottles.

Wow, such drama!

As PP said, they have choices of AB beer. They also offer wine coolers. We tried a few of these when we went in Sept. 07 but since I'm not a wine drinker, I didn't care for them. My DM, who does like wine, said they were pretty good.

If I liked the taste of beer or wine I would drink them while there. :goodvibes Unfortunately, I just don't like them. Now, if they offered some kind of frozen adult beverage, I would definitely have one of those.

PP listed prices for drinks but since you don't pay for drinks at DC the list must be from someplace else, maybe SW?

Have a great time, DC is awesome! Happy Anniversary. My DD10 still talks about going back again and swimming with the dolphins.:cloud9:

The only thing that would make it perfect for me is if they served Coke instead of Pepsi. Had to be content drinking ice tea all day. ;)

Now, if they offered some kind of frozen adult beverage, I would definitely have one of those.

They do have frozen drinks - I believe they served a strawberry something and a pina colada at the bar next to the ray pool for, I think, $8 each. I'm not sure if they put real tequila/rum in them or if they were a pre-done malt thing, but they did have them available.

Adult beverages are a very important part of vacationing. Matter of fact, its an important part of every day life. :)

They do have frozen drinks - I believe they served a strawberry something and a pina colada at the bar next to the ray pool for, I think, $8 each. I'm not sure if they put real tequila/rum in them or if they were a pre-done malt thing, but they did have them available.

So beer and other adult beverages are not included in your ticket cost? I thought DC was an all inclusive day? Any recent experience?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter